Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's HALLOWEEN !
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainZahn View Post

Fergie and Josh Duhamel as Elvira & Riffraff

Fergie is nowhere near as hot as Cassandra Peterson.

Documentary that aired last Halloween about three different families turning their homes into haunted houses.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN CHEWERS OMG HOLY SHIT BALLS!!

A[quote name="Dalyn" url="/community/t/149083/its-halloween/30#post_3593237"]My favorite Halloween commercial and the inspiration for my October Halloween avatar.

[/quote] Oh God! THAT'S where your avatar came from! It terrifies me beyond all capacity for rational thought. Lol I always thought it was the Maniac Cop photoshopped to look like the Joker.
Anyways, tho.....HAPPY HALLOWEEN ALL!

<br />

AHappy Halloween to all the nice people here!
AI just switched to a spooky Halloween avatar based on an Eddie Campbell illustration in Alan Moore's From Hell.

[IMG ALT=""]http://www.chud.com/community/content/type/61/id/166348/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]

Happy Halloween everybody!

Now somebody get the "It's CHRISTMAS!" thread going.

Happy Halloween, f****ers!

I'm watching John Carpenter's Halloween with Near Dark on deck, about to take the kids trick or treating, and there are (finally) 3 jack-o-lanterns on the porch.

I really miss video arcades...

I go into CVS drug store late Halloween nite, and the isle that had the costumes, party favors, candy--pretty much everything to do with All Hallows,

and it was empty! You could hear crickets. Next isle over i said to an employee 'you got really cleaned out!'

He pointed out what he was doing, re-isling all the left over candy into an area with marked down prices.

He said, pointing to some co-workers, 'they're putting out the Christmas stuff...'

<br />

ADr Manhattan in the hizouse[Image: 400]

Thought I would resurrect this thread from almost a year ago when it was created. There's lots of good stuff in here already.

Ray Bradbury might be the best at capturing that Halloween feel. I highly recommend The Halloween Tree or Something Wicked This Way Comes if you want to get into the mood.

Something Wicked This Way Comes was adapted into a film in the early 80s.

It's apparently getting a reboot by Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter writer Seth Grahame-Smith who said he's going to be more faithful to the book than the previous film.

The Halloween Tree was adapted into a TV special in the early 90s which has been mostly forgotten. That opening though.

Would love to see a live-action adaptation of the book. There hasn't been a good family Halloween movie in a long, loooong while.

One of the indie theaters in Cambridge showed Something Wicked a couple of months ago, and it was the first time I ever saw it. Man, is that one mean Disney film! Jonathan Pryce is pure menace as Mr. Dark and the visuals hold up incredibly well. Too bad it was never a huge hit for Disney. I could have easily pictured them turning the movie into some type of attraction at their parks to compliment The Haunted Mansion.

This is a pretty cool Halloween-movie themed m&m's flash game from years ago that's a pretty fun time killer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HypnoToad View Post

This is a pretty cool Halloween-movie themed m&m's flash game from years ago that's a pretty fun time killer.

I remember that!

It's almost that time again ladies and ghouls...  October 1st and I'm going nuts.

Something Wicked This Way Comes is one of my all-time favorite books.  I don't remember the movie that well and it NEVER plays on TV - it's been a saved search on my DVR since I got it and has never shown.  I'd love to see it on the big screen again though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yt View Post

Something Wicked This Way Comes is one of my all-time favorite books.  I don't remember the movie that well and it NEVER plays on TV - it's been a saved search on my DVR since I got it and has never shown.  I'd love to see it on the big screen again though.

The movie was......well im guessing the book was better. Pam Grier was in it briefly. The guy playing the villain was pretty good too.

Here's a forgotten Halloween movie called Lady in White. I remember it having some pretty good atmosphere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waaaaaaaalt View Post

The movie was......well im guessing the book was better. Pam Grier was in it briefly. The guy playing the villain was pretty good too.

Jonathan Pryce was Mr. Dark, right?  I'd still love to see it again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by User_32 View Post

Here's a forgotten Halloween movie called Lady in White. I remember it having some pretty good atmosphere.

I remember loving so much about this movie but do recall that for all its promise, it fell slightly short.  It had all the elements though.  Wonderful Halloween flick.

Going to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Hollywood tomorrow night, my third HHN. Always gets my Oct (or rather, late Sept) off to the right start. AWIL house!!!

A 1985 Halloween TV movie (so you know it's got to be good) called The Midnight Hour. For some reason, I remember getting this and the Thriller video mixed up as a kid.

Speaking of which...

I know it is early, but I just saw my first showing of Hocus Pocus. I think the season is in. At least Lifetime Networks thinks so.

ABeen eating candy, bought some Count Chocula, and watched some creature features today. I'm ready.

Thinking I might rewatch Monster House tonight.

AMy daughter 's 10. Time to OD her on Universal Monsters.

Another October, another Monster Madness!

http://cinemassacre.com/category/moviere...ermadness/

So every year on the 1st I look through my horror history and I try to pick out 31 horror movies I haven't watched yet.  It gets harder and harder as  you might imagine.  This is why I want to thank User for the Cinemassacre series.  I started at 2007 and I'm now on 2009, and I'm getting plenty of really great ideas.  Specifically, this is my list as it shakes out now...

Sinister rewatch

The Purge Anarchy (still playing at my local cheapie)

The Man Who Wouldn't Hang

Gotta add more!

A[quote name="Disciple_72" url="/community/t/149083/its-halloween/90#post_3776443"]Going to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Hollywood tomorrow night, my third HHN. Always gets my Oct (or rather, late Sept) off to the right start. AWIL house!!!
[/quote]

I'm finally going on Sunday. I got a Front of the Line Pass, so I should be done in like an hour.

What should I do first, Disciple?
AI'm rewatching sinister, which is fantastic. I love when a horror movie is tied up in a murder mystery.

I always have the best intentions of watching as many horror movies as possible during October.  I always plan on 5-10 a week.  Lately, I've been lucky to get in 3 for the month.

AI'll probably see "Annabelle" this weekend.

Watching Ringu for the first time tonight.  I'm hoping Sinister was the training wheels and Ringu is the kick in the taint into the deep end of scary.

AABCs of Death 2 is on VOD. I disliked almost all of the segments in the first, but I'm a dickhead and like sequels. So I'll give it a look tonight.