Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's HALLOWEEN !

Better horror film anthologies to watch :

That is all (I think...)

AWhat about Tales From the Hood?
AThe only things I remember from that is the main story in the funeral home and one with David Alan Grier as an abusive father, which I loved.

Halloween is my birthday.  Which rocks.  I'll be old(er).

Classic "dressing up in a sheet and yelling boo!" for yall.....

From 1975....tv movie on the above

Man, I had the coolest 8th grade English teacher. She covered the War Of The Worlds broadcast, and some other radio stuff like The Shadow. She would also occasionally show up to class in a kimono and kanzashi hairsticks, just cuz.

AI'm watching Ringu. This movie isn't scary at all yet. Pshhhhhhh
AThat was really, really disappointing. I wanted one of the scariest horror movies ever made, and I got a slow, relatively scare free murder mystery that was done better earlier in the Changeling, which had a similar plot. I'll just watch the verbinski movie again.

just a couple of photos from my haunted house last year, I have been decorating for Halloween for 18 years now. Daylight photos don't really capture what's going on. Once it gets dark I have multiple people in costume, a professional fog machine, around 6 black lights and 5 strobes. The sounds include everything from the Halloween theme to the Disney Screams and Groans clip. I recently tracked down the music from inside the Haunted Mansion....but my favorite has got to be the Beetlejuice theme.

Quote:

Originally Posted by User_32 View Post

Better horror film anthologies to watch :

That is all (I think...)

Personally, I like VHS 1 & 2 and Creepshow 2, but I understand why some people wouldn't.  However, I thing the following two are mostly really great (minus Kick the Can) and deserve to stand up with the others:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

I'm finally going on Sunday. I got a Front of the Line Pass, so I should be done in like an hour.

What should I do first, Disciple?

I think the tram closes earlier than the other stuff, so I would go for that first- it's pure Walking Dead this year. But definitely don't miss the American Werewolf maze. I went through that twice just so I could take in the werewolf designs. The AvP maze was a pretty fun experience as well, although I might be biased because of the go-go dancers they brought out to entertain leering sad sacks like me who had to wait in line. Jurassic Park in the Dark is essential too in my honest opinion, even though it's not a "special" attraction. If you have a front of the line thingy though (lucky bastard, by the way) it doesn't really matter what order you do them, you should have time for everything. My group spent 7 hours at Universal and still didn't get to see everything.

PS always remember the best way to experience HHN is with a date who will jump out of her skin at all the right moments. Have fun!

and everybody wear Depends, just not for yourself but for others.

http://www.rtlsoft.com/animagic<br />
<br />
Created with Animagic GIF V 1.06b<br />
by Right to Left Software Inc.<br />
<br />
To suppress this message in the registered version<br />
uncheck &quot;Options | Animagic comment frame&quot;

AI'll be going by myself to HHN this year. My gf didn't seem too interested because she's more of a Six Flags kind of gal.

Back in 2012, I went to HHN with a previous girlfriend who lost her shit in every maze. Every time she got scared, she'd scream and curl up into a ball. It was like hanging out with Willie from Temple of Doom.

I don't mind going alone. I find it scarier.
AI'm trying for 31 horror films myself, and I can already tell it's once again doomed to failure. I gave myself a grace period this year (i.e. I started when Amazon delivered my Halloween box set), and I've still only got four films.

1. Halloween
2. Leprechaun Origins
3. Halloween 2
4. [REC]

We'll see how this goes. Next Halloween tomorrow, I'm hoping.
A"ABCs of Death 2" is how I kicked off my October horror movie watch-a-thon. It's palatable.

After the dissipointment of last night with Ringu I'm going to go for Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein tonight.

Just saw the Poltergeist remake Insidious. Pretty fun!

Halloween's not JUST about MOVIES!!

[video]http://youtu.be/XESNI4V8UOA[/video]

[video]http://youtu.be/6enL8VeheNU[/video]

Going to the Oshkosh Horror Film Festival today, which focuses on Wisconsin horror, but usually has a nice and varied program of 3-4 features, and numerous shorts (shorts come from around the world).

Good time, good people, good price. And they serve beer in the theatre.

https://www.facebook.com/events/69079266...6/?fref=ts

Abbott and Costello was HILARIOUS.  It was genius funny.  I was pleasantly surprised.

"I'm going to turn into a wolf at midnight!"

"Yeah, you and twenty million other guys!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chavez View Post

Going to the Oshkosh Horror Film Festival today, which focuses on Wisconsin horror, but usually has a nice and varied program of 3-4 features, and numerous shorts (shorts come from around the world).

Good time, good people, good price. And they serve beer in the theatre.

https://www.facebook.com/events/69079266...6/?fref=ts

Tell ya what, they had an OUTSTANDING Day 1 program - even the shit I didn't particularly like had really good production value and acting; I took notes and can give recommendations, but I'm not going ot unless someone asks what was good (FWIW it was 3 shorts programs and 2 features).

Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein was indeed brilliant. Lugosi, Chaney and Glenn Strange as the Frankenstein creation were all really good. The photography was crisp and the special effects were super (the Wolfman's leap at Dracula as the vamp changes into a bat).

Easily right up there with Young Frankenstein as a must see classic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

ABCs of Death 2 is on VOD. I disliked almost all of the segments in the first, but I'm a dickhead and like sequels. So I'll give it a look tonight.

Any better than Part 1?

Was thinking of Halloween scenes in movies (that aren't necessarily about Halloween) and E.T. always stands out.

Also, Bela Lugosi dressed as Dracula answering the door to trick-or-treaters is pretty amazing.

Christopher Lee bitching you out about your candy would be pretty frightening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevehauk View Post

Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein was indeed brilliant. Lugosi, Chaney and Glenn Strange as the Frankenstein creation were all really good. The photography was crisp and the special effects were super (the Wolfman's leap at Dracula as the vamp changes into a bat).

Easily right up there with Young Frankenstein as a must see classic.

I'm out of rep, but I wanted to say I agree with everything you wrote.

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.

Love it. Hate it. It wasn't the first but certainly popularized the "found footage" genre we have today. A mini-doc of The Blair Witch Project and what a phenomenon it was 15 years ago.

AI remember having to go to the theater three fucking times before finally getting into a not sold-out showing of "Blair Witch Project." Those were the days.

One of the creepiest animated shorts The Tell-Tale Heart based on Edgar Allen Poe's short story narrated by James Mason.

Monster Squad sucked.  It was not worth sitting through all of that for "Wolfmans got NARDS!" and "I'm in the God damn club, aren't I?"

I will admit...  Good moments.  But not worth it.

AId make you eat a stepped on candy bar for saying that.... If I was as cool as Rudy.

I MIGHT be as cool as Fat Kid...

[Image: my-name-is-horace-o.gif]

Ugh.  That fucking face.  Way to ruin any chance you have of making the scene work you little asshole!  But seriously...  If I get to do something as cool in my life as dressing up as Fonzy, and then walking off from the group to single handed fight off three Vampire she bitches while spouting a moody cool guy one liner...  I might die happy.

Fans of H.G. Wells and Orson Welles should check out the TV movie The Night That Panicked America. It's a dramatization of the events surrounding Orson Welle's infamous War of the Worlds radio broadcast on Halloween night 1938 basically scaring the shit out of everyone.

UPDATE: My bad, teledork posted this up above.

Just watched SINISTER and DAMIEN: THE OMEN 2. Enjoyed the former quite a bit - fun, well-paced horror, if a little generic - but the second just about put me to sleep, jostling me awake only during the hilariously over-the-top death scenes. Should I even bother with the third film?

Now going to watch something more classic-era. I'm thinking SON OF DRACULA.

The third Omen aka The Final Conflict isn't bad, but its the weakest of the three. It does have one really twisted kill and Sam Neil is good as Damien.

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.

This Sunday's Simpsons Treehouse of Horror is celebrating its 25th! They're not as great as their first 9 specials, but it's still a yearly Halloween tradition that does get some great segments from time to time.

Blair Witch not only changed movies, but it changed marketing of movies.   Really showed just how powerful the Internet was - Genius campaign.