Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Norm Macdonald
"This might sound crazy, but...(SHRILL, MANIACAL LAUGHTER)"
I didn't hear the context of this interview but when Sarah Silverman was on with Stern this week Stern made a comment that rubbed Norm the wrong way. Here's Norm's (pinned!) tweet about it:

Quote:Just listening to Sarah on Stern talking about comedians who've stopped trying to get better and Howard, a hero, mentioned me. I've worked 40 weeks a year the last 25 years, have a dozen hours of material and strive every set to be better. Maybe he's confusing merit with fame.
When is Netflix going to renew his show? I mean really, what it could cost?
Norm on the Enlightenment:

https://twitter.com/normmacdonald/status...7889383425

Quote:The Enlightenment turned us away from truth and toward a darkling weakening horizon, sad and grey to see. The afterglow of Christianity is near gone now, and a stygian silence lurks in wait.
Someone may have posted this earlier in the thread, but last week Larry King posted his full interview with Norm from five years ago, back when Live was kicking off I guess.

Tough week.

Cool, I'm glad that's available to watch again. I saw some 20 minute compilation of Einstein telling jokes with Norm that featured a radio interview where they were joined by Norm's brother. Einstein told one about the Queen of England visiting a hospital that wrecked me.

Also watched a lot of his old appearances on Letterman. Bloody brilliant.
Cheers for putting that up Sub.
https://twitter.com/normmacdonald/status...7137649664

Good-ish news. Who knows if anything will come of it, but if Sandler were to get it produced under his Netflix deal, maybe it'll happen. Guessing this means the talk show is dead, though.
A film based on his book would be incredible. Hopefully he can go back to doing a show on YT if it is getting canned.
(02-04-2019, 12:51 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: A film based on his book would be incredible. Hopefully he can go back to doing a show on YT if it is getting canned.

Joe Rogan with some recent thoughts on Norm and his show...

So are we all just going to buy these for each others' birthday, like a round-robin kind of thing?

https://www.cameo.com/normmacdonald

Just watched the sample videos. The one for Matt killed me. "My friend Bill isn't doing too well."
Ah man, a buddy and I were just goofing on that site the other day. Namely the example videos for Tom Sizemore.

I can't believe Stanley from The Office charges $300.
That one jumped out at me too, considering Kevin is only $145. I respect Snipes for going $500. Get that coin, Simon Phoenix.
I was having some fun browsing Cameo, then I noticed nobody hired Robert Davi yet and it devastated me.
Goddamn, I like Chris D’Elia, but a thousand bucks?!?

Norm doing the Masters broadcast today -

Letterman's on WTF today and at the very end they bring up Norm's Netflix show. I think it's a pretty safe bet it's dead.
So which one of us is going to their local book retailer to thumb through Chris Kattan's memoir for all the trash-talk about Norm?
Not it. I'm still recovering from the story about Lorne pressuring him to bang Amy Heckerling.
(05-30-2019, 10:34 AM)Misfit Wrote: Letterman's on WTF today and at the very end they bring up Norm's Netflix show. I think it's a pretty safe bet it's dead.

I wish it would have been made clear what was being referred to when Letterman said "I don't know what happened."  Was the viewership low, or did the "controversy" make the whole enterprise radioactive from a corporate perspective?  Or a combination of the two?  The show isn't technically cancelled yet, though Netflix doesn't have to make a formal announcement, either.

In classic Norm fashion, he got fucked in multiple dimensions on this one because by all appearances NORM MACDONALD LIVE got taken down from Youtube and other VOD outlets the sake of NORM MACDONALD HAS A SHOW.  Did Netflix buy the rights to the original show?  And does that mean it's just buried indefinitely now?  Norm's official site refers to upcoming "Normcasts," so I guess he's making yet another show to get around all of this.
Hearing Letterman's WTF sent me back to Netflix for Norm's ep with him.

"Did you worry that this was an impediment to your son's development?"
"A little bit, but I used his pain as coal for my furnace of ambition."
So I guess OJ is on Twitter now?....

Murder is now legal in the state of California, so why not?
Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.
It begins

Farewell Max, we won't forget you...

Ah, Max. My favorite line of his from the show was when he was bitching about Norm and said "he should be killed." It was a bummer to read how much everybody loathed working on ALF.
Nice sentiments from Norm:

https://twitter.com/normmacdonald/status...8729306112

Quote:One of the truly fine experiences of my life was writing for Max Wright. Max was very rare in that he could play any attitude comedically. Shallow, sweet, cruel, lustful, moved, hateful, cowardly. And on it went. He was a comedy writer's dream: a perfect comedy vessel. Great man.
Wonder if he tried to get him on the show.

That would have been cool. He must have really liked Wright because he guest-starred later on Stan Hooper and was in Norm's sketch-show pilot for Comedy Central.
Norm tweeted today that he was getting his YouTube channel up and running again.

FINALLY!
Hopefully he wouldn't actually serve people posting clips from the old YT show. That "I'm not Norm" channel has been a godsend.