Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Norm Macdonald
Think the current Conan show goes until next June. I'll hold out hope for a final Norm appearance. A Norm appearance anywhere would be fine, too.
It is beyond troubling how often I watch the clip of the Richard Clock joke.
(11-24-2020, 03:40 PM)subotai Wrote: Is Norm going to appear on Conan's show before the end? Seems less and less likely.

He damned well better. I have to assume his absence these last four years has been his doing rather than a lack of invitations. Maybe he prefers to go on talk shows only when he has material to try or a project to promote, but heck, he made an exception to help out Spade.
(11-24-2020, 03:56 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: Think the current Conan show goes until next June. I'll hold out hope for a final Norm appearance. A Norm appearance anywhere would be fine, too.

Nothing from Norm, but Egret's been hinting more and more on social media that something is in the works.  Not on Conan, but a return to a show, hopefully.

For old time's sake:

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/...-1/2870476

I think that five original NML guests have passed away.

David Spade was the guest on Conan's podcast this week, containing a good Norm story.
Sounds like Adam Egret is headed to Austin to open a comedy joint with Joe Rogan. TBH going from working with Norm to working with Rogan and his comedy crew is like going from Joe DiMaggio to the Bad News Bears, but I have no idea what Norm has going on. Maybe Rogan gave Eget an offer he couldn’t refuse, or maybe Egret saw that there were no big projects with Norm on the horizon. Who knows..bottom line I will miss him with Norm.

Norm did offer up this tweet a few days ago in response to a compliment on his book:

Quote:thank you so much. I'm very proud of the book and am presently working on my second.
Yeah, I remember he was working on number two. Ah well.