Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yay? Harrison Ford Might Return For Blade Runner 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post

I don't know why anyone would trust Ridley Scott any more. His last theatrical release worth a damn was BLACK HAWK DOWN, and even that was as shallow as a puddle.

Nah, I liked Body of Lies. It's a solid little espionage thriller.

We already got a good Blade Runner sidequel.

I'm sorry, I thought I saw the word "good" in there. Must be these tired eyes of mine.

It is absolutely impossible to get a feel for how this could go.

In my opinion, instead of pulling a New Star Wars approach and use all the same characters and shit from the decades-old story, they should use the things that made the franchise cool on a conceptual level but invent new details. Scott actually did this with PROMETHEUS.

But then again, Scott proceeded to fuck so much up with PROMETHEUS that should have been kind of obvious.

There is A LOT of potential in a new Blade Runner movie. World-building, street-level and birds-eye views of an incredibly realized dystopia, futurism, breathtaking visual artistry, amazing tone, resonant themes, and great performances.

But I have this terrible feeling that just like PROMETHEUS took barely-seen-but-ultra-tantalizing things like the derelict and Space Jockey and "explained" them, BLADE RUNNER 2 will be all about taking us to the off-world colonies, showing Deckard shooting c-beams, and will fly the camera through a Tannhauser Gate.

ALives or dies with the script. Agree, though, at least it'll put a bullet in the heart of the replicant theory.

Unless they stick with Fancher's script only being set a few years later, as stated in the article, and just chalk up the aging to him being a replicant.

AOr just use FX to make Ford the same age as the original, to keep the replicant question in play. Set it in 2019!

They must be pretty confident that Ford will say yes since they wrote the script involving Ford. Then again, could be anything from a main role to a cameo.

Quote:
 “It’s written and it’s damn good,” Scott says of the Blade Runner sequel. “Of course it involves Harrison, who is a survivor after all these years—despite the accident,” he says with a laugh (referring, no doubt, to Ford’s Star Wars injury). “So yes, that will happen.” (Ford’s camp has not yet responded on Ford’s commitment to the project.)

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/08/25/ri...s-sequels/

Quote:
  “It’s written and it’s damn good,”

I don't trust anything Scott says after Prometheus...he had a hand in that script (Lindeloff said he co-wrote the movie with Scott) and thought it was "damn good" enough to shoot.  He also thought The Counselor was the best script he'd ever read.  All that speaks volumes about the man's taste.  Although the first Blade Runner didn't have much a story anyway, so I guess there isn't much at stake.  On the other hand it wasn't an outright piece of shit like Prometheus...another movie with beautiful imagery.

I'm sure Blade Runner 2 will look great...that's about it.

AI think people should be disallowed from having their paid assistants referred to as their "camp" unless they're actually nomadic barbarian warlords.
AScott just keeps on adding those zeros to his retirement check doesn't he?
Quote:

Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post

I think people should be disallowed from having their paid assistants referred to as their "camp" unless they're actually nomadic barbarian warlords.

I assume it's the same "camp" that told him not to take the role in "Traffic" that Michael Douglas ended up playing.  His camp bad...very very bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRan View Post

BR is a good stand alone movie....for fuck's sake, LEAVE IT THAT WAY!!!

Despite what some in Hollywood might be telling you, we don't need sequels to Gladiator, Legend, Black Rain, etc.

How about instead of possibly fucking up what could be considered a modern day classic, turn your attention to something else.

The only film I want you to revisit is Prometheus. You did a decent polishing to the original BR, how about you use some of those Hollywood $$ and go back and fix that mess....IMO, there still is an interesting idea of a movie buried underneath the weight of a truly shitty script.

Before you can go out and make any new movies, you have to go back and "clean up your room."

A sequel to Gladiator?  What?  We suddenly going to go all mythological and have the Gods resurrect Maxicrowe?  Actually, come to think of it .... worked for God of War.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambler View Post

I assume it's the same "camp" that told him not to take the role in "Traffic" that Michael Douglas ended up playing.  His camp bad...very very bad.

Just imagine what Harrison Ford could have accomplished if he had swapped representation with Keanu Reeves.

I hope The Martian turns out well. The book is very good, and if Scott sticks to it, he and Damon could have a sci-fi classic on their hands. We know Scott can pull off the visuals, I'm interested to see how he handles the emotion.

Why are Matt Damon and Tom Cruise the go-to scifi guys now? I wish they weren't.

Will Smith has been busy.

A
Quote:
Originally Posted by User_32 View Post

I hope The Martian turns out well. The book is very good, and if Scott sticks to it, he and Damon could have a sci-fi classic on their hands. We know Scott can pull off the visuals, I'm interested to see how he handles the emotion.

If Scott can't make a great movie outta this, I give up on him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskplissken View Post

Why are Matt Damon and Tom Cruise the go-to scifi guys now? I wish they weren't.

I'm guessing because they're actually willing to do them?

I just watched Blade Runner again last night and I don't know where you find that level of depth, subtlety and elegance in today's movie writing landscape.  I mean, David Webb Peoples is still living, but they go to the guy who wrote Green Lantern to rewrite Hampton Fancher?

In terms of Ridley Scott, I'm ambivalent.  Visually, he is the artist and author of that onscreen world, but he ...

thinks Deckard's a replicant

... which does not inspire storytelling confidence.

What I've heard about it does not inspire confidence, and there is no reason for Olde Harrison to return via some Terminator:Genesee style logic...but fuck it, I'll see it anyways.

We'll probably all be on here freaking out one way or another when the first teaser hits in 2-3 years. It's not going to be the type of sequel that inspires disinterest.

Ridley Scott Says 'Blade Runner 2' Shoots In 2015 But He Won't Direct, Harrison Ford Will Show Up In The Third Act...

presumably wheeled in on a bed, woken up, shoot his scenes, then fall asleep on the bed as he's wheeled off...

ARemember people, Prometheus had an amazing trailer.

Blegh.  If ever a movie did not need a sequel.

(11-26-2014, 02:55 AM)Codename Wrote:

Blegh.  If ever a movie did not need a sequel.

Fury Road and Blade Runner 2049 have taught me not to dismiss "unnecessary sequels" out of hand.

This lesson is the only reason I have any hope for Indy 5.

SOMEONE's practicing their thread necromancy tonight.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Blade Runner 2 will never happen.
Right? But if they do, I hope they get Vangelis back for the score.
Anyone but Zimmer.
Oh, it will happen. Maybe in thirty years or so. The corporations will try again for the same reasons they did the recent one: there's money to be mined from nostalgia, once you give it enough time to build up.
There are weapons in my hands, my hands are weapons.
Who wants to tell him?
(11-18-2020, 11:57 PM)Jones Wrote: Oh, it will happen.  Maybe in thirty years or so.  The corporations will try again for the same reasons they did the recent one: there's money to be mined from nostalgia, once you give it enough time to build up.

I've been "Poe's Law'ed" on this one.