Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better Call Saul

There's not much to go on, but AMC aired a ten second promo for Better Call Saul that unveils the first footage.  Here's home video from someone recording it off their TV:

And apparently it's coming in February.

I have extraordinarily high hopes for this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatherDude View Post

There's not much to go on, but AMC aired a ten second promo for Better Call Saul that unveils the first footage.  Here's home video from someone recording it off their TV:

And apparently it's coming in February.

That.....didn't last long.

Another itty-bitty peak.

Well I wasn't sure about this, but now I can't wait to enjoy it. I'm completely inconsistent on this, so what?

Ahahaha what a bunch of assholes.  AMC is re-releasing that gargantuan Breaking Bad barrel set that wasn't affordable in the first place, only this time they're throwing in a Better Call Saul matchbook USB drive that gets you access to online previews or something.

Quote:

Another itty-bitty peak.

Despite disliking the original show, I'm really looking forward to this!

A[quote name="MrSaxon" url="/community/t/149320/better-call-saul/60#post_3768709"]Despite disliking the original show, I'm really looking forward to this!
[/quote]
You really don't like Breaking Bad?

Absolutely not being snarky or dismissive or attempting to start a dog pile. Smart people's opinions are of value to me no matter if they run contrary to my own or are disliking something that is almost universally loved. Really, I'm just genuinely curious to know what made you not like it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraid uh noman View Post

You really don't like Breaking Bad?

Absolutely not being snarky or dismissive or attempting to start a dog pile. Smart people's opinions are of value to me no matter if they run contrary to my own or are disliking something that is almost universally loved. Really, I'm just genuinely curious to know what made you not like it..

Sorry, that was probably the wrong word. There are some things I dislike about it but it's situated around the same place as The Walking Dead in my mind.

AI didn't care for The Walking Dead, myself. I've been diving head first into a bunch of TV lately and I started it but just couldn't stay interested. I think I'm all zombied out. My interest in that particular horror sub-genre ends around 1985 with Day of the Dead. Romero's first three are pretty much all I need.

And The Crazies remake for some reason (which isn't even really zombies). I liked that movie probably more than I should..
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post

Sorry, that was probably the wrong word. There are some things I dislike about it but it's situated around the same place as The Walking Dead in my mind.

Sorry, to each their own, but had to be done.

I'm currently catching up on Fargo.  Loving Odenkirk in it, so on that basis alone I'm looking forward to this.

I hope they slow down a bit.  At this rate we're as few as six hundred and eight-seven thousand promos away from having the whole premiere spoiled!

In other news, Robert Forster confirms he will appear in the show.  Don't know to what extent.

Better Call Saul, ya'll:

The Oden that kirks will be doing a Reddit AMA today from 9-10 AM PST (an hour or so from now).  Have your burning questions ready.

The promos are going all Fargo on us.  Get excited.

ASo glad this will non-linear. And I'm suprised this will be 80% drama, only 20% comedy. I'm sure Odenkirk can handle it, but not what I was expecting.

Two new promos.  The first is another mood piece.

The second is an actual minute long clip from the premiere.

Saul meets Mike!

Engage NETWORK reference.

Quote:

More exciting news is we have a director's list for the first five episodes - they'll all Breaking Bad vets:

101 - Vince Gilligan

102 - Michelle MacLaren

103 - Terry McDonough

104 - Colin Bucksey

105 - Adam Bernstein

Bucksey and Bernstein won Emmys for "Fargo".

Showtime!

Well fuck.  That looks awesome.

Quote:

...or are they just going to say fuck it and we'll all just agree that they're ten years younger?

More like five, I'd say, as this show takes place in 2002 and BB is supposed to have taken place pretty much entirely in '07, if I understood correctly.

So Jimmy seems to be trying to get the partners to buy out his brother? Is he double-crossing him, or trying to create a nest egg for the two of them? And either way, will his early forays into criminality be motivated by trying to pursue "alternative" means of getting the partners to cooperate with his scheme?

AMy impression is that Jimmy's dying brother is his moral center.

Really good article from Variety that interviews Gilligan, Gould, Odenkirk, and some of the AMC muckety-mucks.

Quote:

Since the announcement of the prequel, AMC has been doling out teasers to fans on social media, who’ve been feverishly gobbling them up. A small clip with Mike, for example, got 24,000 likes on Facebook. Collier, though, is careful to manage expectations: “I remember vividly our launch night for ‘Breaking Bad’ season one,” he says. “It needed to build its own momentum, and we’ll be treating ‘Better Call Saul’ with the same respect.”

Screeners must have gone out because reviews are popping up online.  Some wag at Esquire (who also ruined the opening teaser, which was exactly what I thought it was, and it sounds awesome) said it was better than Breaking Bad. To which I replied: horseshit!  Now, I can see BCS being better than BB at the same point in the series, i.e. the first two episodes, but the last season of BB is the gold standard of TV in my opinion.

Also I'm calling it now: unless BCS is just cancelled abruptly, we'll see them deal with the aftermath of Breaking Bad in the final season. Or if the ratings get real bad.

I'm expecting a slow build on this, especially since the writers knew they had a two season guarantee and could (somewhat) map out a 23 episode story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoubt View Post

Screeners must have gone out because reviews are popping up online.  Some wag at Esquire (who also ruined the opening teaser, which was exactly what I thought it was, and it sounds awesome) said it was better than Breaking Bad. To which I replied: horseshit!

Haha, they've released three episodes! That writer is a clickbaiting dildo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangy View Post

Haha, they've release three episodes! That writer is a clickbaiting dildo.

He got my click. Sad

AGreat interview with Gilligan and Saul's creator Peter Gould:

http://m.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/...ingle-page

The titles of the first five episodes along with a one sentence synopsis of each have been released.  These synopses are incredibly vague, but the choice to read them should be yours.

Episode 1.01 - Uno
Jimmy tries an unconventional method for pursuing potential clients.

Episode 1.02 - Mijo
Jimmy’s troubles escalate, leaving him in dire straits; carelessness puts Chuck at risk.

Episode 1.03 - Nacho
Jimmy is eager to prove that his dangerous client is innocent.

Episode 1.04 - Hero
Jimmy must face consequences when his relationships become strained.

Episode 1.05 - Jello
Alarming news disrupts Jimmy’s efforts at drumming up new business.

Quote:

The titles of the first five episodes along with a one sentence synopsis of each have been released.  These synopses are incredibly vague, but the choice to read them should be yours.

Somewhere, Matthew Weiner applauds at those vague descriptions.

"Events transpire.  43m Closed Captioned"