Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better Call Saul
Sounds good to me!
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
I am most intrigued to see what happens to Kim and Nacho as these are both characters that aren't around by the time we get to the original BB timeline ( I know Saul yells out Nacho's name when he's assaulted by Walt and Jesse, but I don't believe this has ever been confirmed that it was the same person).

My guess is its not going to end well for either of these people, and one way or another it'll be Saul/Jimmy's doing.
We were speculating last year that Chuck's will could cause some sort of legal complication, and it sure sounds like that might be the case going by that high level plot description. Hey, any excuse to keep Hamlin involved is good with me.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2...736951002/
I am very ready for this show to be back.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.

Man am I looking forward to this. BCS is still a show that I stop what I'm doing and sit down and watch when it airs. I have very few of those.

They’re a lot fewer and farther between nowadays, it seems. It’s almost a struggle to click play on Westworld or Preacher or any of the shows I’m ostensibly following now.

BCS harkens back to the good old days.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Same here. BCS, Westworld and The Terror are the only current shows that are appointment viewing for me.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
(07-03-2018, 06:34 AM)Evi Wrote: Same here. BCS, Westworld and The Terror are the only current shows that are appointment viewing for me.

Among shows still/currently airing (in addition to the ones you've named), I'd also recommend Game of Thrones, the first season of Legion, some of the MCU Netflix series, The Expanse, and Fargo.
[Image: latest?cb=20130405010724]
The Wrap has a new trailer.
It feels like this show last aired 2-3 years ago.
[Image: latest?cb=20130405010724]
Agreed. The last episode aired June 2017, but I could have sworn it was late 2016.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/17/better-call-...-season-4/
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            

If Vince Gilligan were to reveal in the final season of BETTER CALL SAUL that Walter White lived (beyond the BREAKING BAD finale), would any of you be willing to follow him down that rabbit hole? Let's say he has a really compelling idea to justify it and plans to deliver one extra season of the OG show.
As with most of Barry's "What If...?" scenarios, my answer is "Then that would be abysmally awful."
I wasn't advocating that Walter White should have lived, I happen to love the way the series ended, I was merely curious how y'all would process the creator of the show going there (especially if you think the idea is "abysmally awful" on paper). Would you give Gilligan the benefit of the doubt or would you boycott the post-Felina season on principle?
It would CLEARLY be awful but every single one of us would tune in with just a tad bit of excitement at the bottom of our hearts.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I am not particularly motivated to entertain that hypothetical. Gilligan would never do that, at any rate.
INT. METH LAB - NIGHT

We see Walter lying on the floor of the meth lab. The cops all close in, surrounding him.

COP #1
Looks like he's dead!

COP #2
Oh well, let's go.

All of the cops leave. Walt suddenly sits up.

WALTER WHITE
Whew, that was close!

Cue the opening title for Breaking Badder.
I was thinking more of him getting defibrillated back to life and having to face the full consequences of his actions.
How would you dramatize that, though?  It would just be Walt dying in prison while being reminded that his family hates him.  They pretty much communicated the same thing with the actual ending - perhaps not as blisteringly as some would have preferred, but there's not a Season 6 worth of story that could possibly justify undoing an ending most people were happy with.
(07-20-2018, 11:20 AM)barry woodward Wrote: I was thinking more of him getting defibrillated back to life and having to face the full consequences of his actions.

He's dead.  What fuller consequences could he possibly face?
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
CBS buys the rights to the Breaking Bad sequel. Walt survives, escapes, and opens a legal marijuana dispensary in Colorado under an assumed name while dedicating himself to finding redemption by fighting hardcore drug dealers and white supremacists at night. Jesse guest stars towards the end of the first season when he pops in to buy some weed while on the road. And it's called...

Growing Good
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart

While I'm absolutely overjoyed that we're about to finally get DINGDINGDING!Hector back in our lives again, a part of me is definintely gonna miss Mark Margolis's performance as WalkingTalking!Hector, too:

Da boss can sock meeeeeee

Where's Papi? Theeeeeeeere's Papi!

SALAMANCA MONEY! SALAMANCA BLOOD!!

FIFDEE TAOSAND...AN DA GOON...EES...YOURS...

HEE GOT YOUR GOON AND DAZ OW HEEZ PRINTZ GOAT ON EET

ees yor gon
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

Considering that the last thing we ever heard about Mark Margolis was a rumor that he was undergoing brain surgery last summer, I was just relieved to see new footage of him.
Renewed for season 5!
"I don't do tag-teams with blood relatives". Kenny Powers.
Awesome. I feel like we were owed that after last year's late renewal. Dare I hope we're back to 12 month cycles?
Here's some bullshit, this aired at 9 PM, not 10 PM. Maybe it's always been 9, but I don't think that was ever the case. Guess I'll watch the 11:16 repeat....

Glad I noticed before I flipped over and 10, would've caught the tail end.
Looks like it is going to be 9 all season, which I was also unaware of before today.
Gus knows Nacho is behind Hector's stroke. Now the question is how will he use it to his advantage.

Couldn't figure out what the deal was with Mike going on a tour of Madrigal. I guess he's trying to move up and get in good with Lydia.

And Jimmy can't be anymore cold. Realizing he's the one that put in motion the events that eventually led to Chuck's death and instead will let Howard take the blame.
>Show is named Better Call Saul.

>Hamlin has to call Kim to get through to Saul.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I always get the feeling [Boone Daniels] is one of those guys who talks for four hours about how much he respects women, and then it comes out that he sends pictures of his dick to sixth-graders.
(08-07-2018, 01:55 AM)history buff Wrote: Couldn't figure out what the deal was with Mike going on a tour of Madrigal. I guess he's trying to move up and get in good with Lydia.

I kind of saw it as Mike seeing the amount of the check he got and thinking, "If I don't actually show up and do some security consulting, this is going to look just a bit suspicious."
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's