Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox News - this is not satire

A bit more on Tantaros' book:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/lets-talk...-new-book/

The writer is considering a review, which excites me for some reason.

Greta van Susteren complaining about NASA salaries because newly-detailed photos of Pluto weren't magically ready seconds after New Horizons took them:

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/1/11832080/nas...luto-delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

Greta van Susteren complaining about NASA salaries because newly-detailed photos of Pluto weren't magically ready seconds after New Horizons took them:

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/1/11832080/nas...luto-delay

For

Fucks

Sake....

I liked Phil Plait's response...

:

Phil Plait Verified account @BadAstronomer

@greta Why do you publicly assume some nefarious plot instead of asking someone who might know first?

Then she tried to cover her ass...tried...

Quote:

Greta Van Susteren Verified account @greta

Greta Van Susteren Retweeted Phil Plait

not nefarious (they had to do some work to get) -- but I suspect it is slow...maybe budget cuts

ETA-- I just read that Van Susteren and her husband are scientologists....

Shouldn't that mean that she has some knowledge of outer space?   : )

A Hannity segment so good, it had to air twice!

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-acci...w-tonight/

There must be some pretty damning evidence if the Murdochs are in a hurry to get rid of Roger Ailes.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/roge...ae97c2d937

Here's hoping Gretchen makes all the money off that scumbag.

Supposedly Murdoch's kids hate Ailes and have wanted him gone for years.  They're just seizing the opportune moment.

AAiles has double-puppetchin.
AI take Megyn Kelly's silence as a good indicator that Ailes is probably going to lose his job. However, as someone said on Twitter, Ailes may be out, but his life's work is playing out at the Republican convention right now.

about that Megan Kelly 'silence'....

Sources: Megyn Kelly Told Murdoch Investigators That Roger Ailes Sexually Harassed Her

Of course the fucker gets a gigantic payout.  Here's to Carlson and his other victims taking that payout away from him piece by piece.

As I've said, there aren't any winners here, at least none that I can cheer on. The sexual harassment is one thing, but people like Carlson and Kelly still have hideous opinions apart from it and willfully push false narratives to further their own hideous agenda.

Roger Ailes is a scumbag. Megyn Kelly is a piece of shit. Those two opinions are not in conflict with one another.

I hate that this is the second Breitbard story I'm posting (because why the fuck am I ever on that vile site) but this one certainly seems newsworthy, and shocking:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...alk-ailes/

As I'm reading it now, it's hard to ignore the lack of proofreading and editing, or the blatant hatred for Megyn Kelly, but this still feels like it's going to be a huge story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAncient View Post

I hate that this is the second Breitbard story I'm posting (because why the fuck am I ever on that vile site) but this one certainly seems newsworthy, and shocking:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...alk-ailes/

As I'm reading it now, it's hard to ignore the lack of proofreading and editing, or the blatant hatred for Megyn Kelly, but this still feels like it's going to be a huge story.

I can't see how we can lose (we = "rest of humanity outside the Fox bubble"). If they all walk, Fox will replace them. If there's one thing we learned about Murdoch while he was still one of ours, he doesn't respond well to threats. I imagine at least most of them will fold, though. Even that's a win as they humiliate themselves in begging to keep their jobs or whatever. Obvious proviso as to how much if any of this is true, of course.

No way any of that is true.  Ailes would have to be capable of inspiring loyalty in other mammals, for starters, plus you can't convince me there is enough principle to go around the Fox offices to support a blood drive, much less a walkout of any shape or form.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post

No way any of that is true.  Ailes would have to be capable of inspiring loyalty in other mammals, for starters, plus you can't convince me there is enough principle to go around the Fox offices to support a blood drive, much less a walkout of any shape or form.

No kidding . . . "I bet this is the moment where Fox News reporters take a principled stand!" F'real?

It would be the height of hilarity if this "O Captain, My Captain" outpouring of support and faith actually did save Ailes job.  And then he turned around and fired all the participants for betraying the network ethos that workers banding together to extort concessions from their corporate overlords is the height of commie degeneracy.

Kind of like the button on that Chappelle skit, where upon learning that he has been black all his life, the blind white supremacist divorces his wife for being "a n***er-lover".

I think the article is hardcore spin, but I also imagine some of the good old boys genuinely feel that way. If Aisles does indeed take the money and run, I think some of those guys will hold Megyn Kelley personally responsible for ruining the good reputation of Fucks News.

it's official....Gone.

Fox News boss Roger Ailes resigns amid sexual harassment charges

Now let's see about that wave of resignations in solidarity they promised.

Because if there's one thing you can depend on with Fox News is their word.

AWish I could say that this was one for the good guys, but everyone involved sold their souls to one degree or another. Ailes embarrassing departure feels more like hot-buttered schadenfreude tempered with the cold reality of where we are today.
A[quote name="Shan" url="/community/t/149438/fox-news-this-is-not-satire/50#post_4104407"]Now let's see about that wave of resignations in solidarity they promised.

Because if there's one thing you can depend on with Fox News is their word.
[/quote]

I suspect Doocy might go, but the bigger question is will O'Reilly retire as rumored. Also, make no mistake, Ailes is not leaving the game. He's simply been relieved of his biggest cheat code.

I wouldn't be the lease bit surprised if CNN hired Ailes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ailes became Trump's campaign manager.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post

I suspect Doocy might go, but the bigger question is will O'Reilly retire as rumored. Also, make no mistake, Ailes is not leaving the game. He's simply been relieved of his biggest cheat code.

Oh, I know. It's probably only deck-chair rearranging at most. If only this were the Titanic ... (the actual boat, not the film).

AMy cynicism aside, the fact that the real life equivalent of Lex Luthor had to give up anything at all, and without the intervention of a real Superman, is heartening.

People like Carlson and Kelly will never publicly admit that this is a microcosm of a media, political, and business culture that has been degraded by misanthropic, debauched elitists, but the truth finally made one of these bastards accountable. We should never forget that this can be done, even if the people who made it happen conveniently forget that it did.

It'll be interesting to see if Fox News changes over the next few years.  Ailes was so hands-on (no pun intended) regarding the programming.

In general, we've seen some seismic changes in American conservatism this year.  Ailes is out of the Fox picture, Trumpism is running wild, Republican voters rejected many of the facets of Reaganomics, authoritarianism came back in a big way, isolationism is popular again, etc.  I honestly don't know what type of Republican Party we'll be seeing in 2020.

AI truly believe that we might be seeing the seeds of a Far Right splinter party. The electorate won't be any whiter in 2020, so the establishment candidates will probably attempt to pivot back to the center in rhetoric if not necessarily belief.

Once the horrible black man is out of office, establishment Republicans won't have to worry as much about appealing to the worst anxieties of their deplorable electorate.

If Trump loses big, the Republican establishment shouldn't have much trouble getting its shit together.  After Goldwater got creamed, it's not like the Republican Party ceased to exist; it was back with a vengeance four years later.  Plus, beating Clinton in 2020 with a normal candidate could be an easier task.

If Trump wins and his policies suck (which they will, I think) and he fumbles every controversy (another likelihood), the party might not come back for a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post

I truly believe that we might be seeing the seeds of a Far Right splinter party. The electorate won't be any whiter in 2020, so the establishment candidates will probably attempt to pivot back to the center in rhetoric if not necessarily belief.

Once the horrible black man is out of office, establishment Republicans won't have to worry as much about appealing to the worst anxieties of their deplorable electorate.

But if the horrible Black man is replaced by a Wimmon who won't know her place...my God it'll be the end of Amurica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post

The Younger Murdocks are cut from a different cloth than their old man, and have been trying to oust Ailes for years. Now that Ailes is gone, Hannity, O'Reilly et all may well be out soon as well.

So if that show of solidarity even happened, it was out of self interest.

AOn Sean Hannity's meltdown after Jon Stewart's throat rip: It was the expected reaction, but I think what's really going on with Hannity is that he's facing the realization that it's probably over.

When you see these people completely lose their shit like that, it reminds me of Going Clear and Jason Beghe's commentary on that unhinged Tom Cruise video. You're seeing the stress of living in a cult-like atmosphere that requires that you commit, full stop, to wildly unbelievable bullshit.

Roger Ailes created the modern Republican party, which has led to Donald Trump and that is akin to the "Xenu" documents being leaked however many years ago. Hannity, O'Reilly, all of these guys, now have to deal with this. It may not happen tomorrow, but Fox News as we know it today, will be a different thing in the future, and the old guard will be put out to pasture.

Even if that happens, it won't feel like justice.  Hannity made his millions, and he made them being a toxic influence on the public discourse.

VERY damning piece from ​The New York Times​ today:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/24/busine...risal.html

The whole thing is quotable, so I'll just give the link.  I'm not saying that there isn't sexual harassment at other networks, but it's clearly a cultural thing at Fox.