Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Fox News - this is not satire
Conservative media are on top of things:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1349745914169200642

[Image: ErtCwBjW4AAZycI?format=jpg&name=900x900]
We, of course, still don't know the details of Ocasio-Cortez' close encounter, but that won't get in the way of a whiny rant from Carlson:

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/statu...3601896451

Quote:Tucker Carlson mocks Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for saying she "narrowly escaped death" from an insurrectionist riot:

"When the most harrowing thing you've done in life is pass freshman sociology at Boston U, every day is a brand new drama! Sandy’s heart is still beating fast!"

Video at the link.
MAGA pretending to like Ariel Pink's music should be entertaining for a few seconds:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1349896863072329730

Video at the link.
Conservatives: "The left just LOVES to trot out their celebrities."
Also Conservatives: "OMG ARIEL PINK!!! SCOTT BAIO!! KID ROCK!!!"
I think I know where to start pointing the fingers, James:

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/53451...pitol-riot

Quote:James Murdoch, youngest son of media mogul Rupert Murdoch, on Friday issued a public rebuke of U.S. news outlets for advancing what he called “insidious and uncontrollable forces,” adding that he hoped the deadly pro-Trump riot at the Capitol will lead to a “reckoning” for media. 

The younger Murdoch, who over the summer resigned from his position on the board of his father’s media company News Corp., said in an interview with the Financial Times that last week’s mob attack, in which five people died amid the chaos, was fueled by media groups promoting misinformation that left “a substantial portion” of the public believing “a falsehood.”

“The damage is profound," Murdoch said. “The sacking of the Capitol is proof positive that what we thought was dangerous is indeed very, very much so. Those outlets that propagate lies to their audience have unleashed insidious and uncontrollable forces that will be with us for years.” 

Murdoch, who served as the chief executive of 21st Century Fox from 2015 to 2019, added that he hopes “those people who didn’t think it was that dangerous now understand, and that they stop,” but added that he had not “seen any evidence of that yet.” 
Fox News insisted its settlement with Seth Rich’s family stay secret until after the presidential election:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/17/busin...ement.html

Quote:On Oct. 12, 2020, Fox News agreed to pay millions of dollars to the family of a murdered Democratic National Committee staff member, implicitly acknowledging what saner minds knew long ago: that the network had repeatedly hyped a false claim that the young staff member, Seth Rich, was involved in leaking D.N.C. emails during the 2016 presidential campaign. (Russian intelligence officers, in fact, had hacked and leaked the emails.)

Fox’s decision to settle with the Rich family came just before its marquee hosts, Lou Dobbs and Sean Hannity, were set to be questioned under oath in the case, a potentially embarrassing moment. And Fox paid so much that the network didn’t have to apologize for the May 2017 story on FoxNews.com.

But there was one curious provision that Fox insisted on: The settlement had to be kept secret for a month — until after the Nov. 3 election. The exhausted plaintiffs agreed.

Why did Fox care about keeping the Rich settlement secret for the final month of the Trump re-election campaign? Why was it important to the company, which calls itself a news organization, that one of the biggest lies of the Trump era remain unresolved for that period? Was Fox afraid that admitting it was wrong would incite the president’s wrath? Did network executives fear backlash from their increasingly radicalized audience, which has been gravitating to other conservative outlets?

Fox News and its lawyer, Joe Terry, declined to answer that question when I asked last week. And two people close to the case, who shared details of the settlement with me, were puzzled by that provision, too.
Keep digging in:

https://twitter.com/johnkruzel/status/13...8461034497

Quote:INBOX: Asked a source at Dominion Voting Systems if the company is satisfied with the walk-backs by media outlets who received litigation warnings:

"Dominion found the clarifications from Fox News and NewsMax bizarre and wholly unsatisfying. And OAN has done nothing."
Unfair?  A taste of its own medicine?

Eh, I'll let others decide:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/newsmax-host...-entirety/

Quote:How else to explain that that network’s 7:00 p.m. host, Greg Kelly, bizarrely tried to hit Fox News for not airing President Donald Trump’s farewell address in its entirety, when it absolutely did.

“Late this afternoon, the president gave his official farewell address. I’m not happy about this. I know you’re not happy about this,” Kelly began. “So many in the conservative media, people who he thought were his friends, have deserted him, left him. We have not. And I know you have not.”

“We are playing for you his entire farewell address,” Kelly added. “Incredibly, even Fox News would not air this. Only Newsmax, from its start to finish.”

That is, simply put, a lie.

Fox News aired the full address from 4:30 –4:50 p.m. during Your World with Neil Cavuto.
Fox News correctly predicted the Arizona election results earlier than anyone else, and the top two editorial voices involved in that projection are being booted from the company for it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle...story.html

Quote:The Fox News executive who oversaw its election night “decision desk” is retiring at the end of the month, a move due in part to what Rupert Murdoch and other top network leaders viewed as a mishandling of the network’s early and controversial Arizona projection for Joe Biden.

Bill Sammon, 62, Fox News Channel’s senior vice president and managing editor in Washington, told staffers Monday morning about his planned retirement. His role will be absorbed by existing editorial staff members. A spokesperson declined to comment on the reason for his retirement.

Sammon previously worked as a White House correspondent for the Washington Times before joining Fox in 2009.

His announcement came as Fox laid off nearly 20 staffers Tuesday, including Fox News political editor Chris Stirewalt, who worked on the decision desk with Sammon. Fox declined to comment specifically on Stirewalt, citing employee confidentiality. His departure shocked many inside the building who bemoaned the loss of a respected Washington voice at a time when the conservative-leaning network is navigating its future without President Trump in office.
OAN still hasn't switched to the inauguration. Still licking Trump's ass hole
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
(01-20-2021, 02:22 AM)Iron Maiden Wrote: Unfair?  A taste of its own medicine?

Eh, I'll let others decide:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/newsmax-host...-entirety/

Quote:How else to explain that that network’s 7:00 p.m. host, Greg Kelly, bizarrely tried to hit Fox News for not airing President Donald Trump’s farewell address in its entirety, when it absolutely did.

“Late this afternoon, the president gave his official farewell address. I’m not happy about this. I know you’re not happy about this,” Kelly began. “So many in the conservative media, people who he thought were his friends, have deserted him, left him. We have not. And I know you have not.”

“We are playing for you his entire farewell address,” Kelly added. “Incredibly, even Fox News would not air this. Only Newsmax, from its start to finish.”

That is, simply put, a lie.

Fox News aired the full address from 4:30 –4:50 p.m. during Your World with Neil Cavuto.

I miss the days when Greg Kelly was just an airheaded anchor, getting poked at by Joel McHale on The Soup.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(01-15-2021, 01:47 AM)Iron Maiden Wrote:
Quote:Tucker Carlson mocks Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for saying she "narrowly escaped death" from an insurrectionist riot:

"When the most harrowing thing you've done in life is pass freshman sociology at Boston U, every day is a brand new drama! Sandy’s heart is still beating fast!"

Coming from a guy who would shit his pants if I faked a high-five at him.
Gamertag: Tweakee
Shepard Smith breaks his silence:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/shepar...d=msedgntp

Quote:Shepard Smith had been with Fox News from 1996 to 2019 when he reached his breaking point.

The former Fox Report host, 57, announced he was quitting on-air in October 2019 and hasn't opened up about his departure until now.

His exit, the now-CNBC host revealed, was largely because he was fed up with his former broadcast colleagues "who are smart enough and educated enough to know better" and who he claims were spreading lies they knew to be false. 

"When people begin with a false premise and lead people astray, that's injurious to society and it's the antithesis of what we should be doing: Those of us who are so honored and grateful to have a platform of public influence have to use it for the public good," the broadcaster said on CNN's Amanpour Tuesday.

Smith added that he stayed with Fox News for as long as he did because he hoped he could educate viewers who might have been consuming news from other primetime hosts such as Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham among others.

"If you feel like the Fox viewers were getting mis- or disinformation, I was there to make sure that they got it straight," he said.

Smith eventually reached a breaking point in September 2019 after Carlson, 51, began making fun of him on-air and the network, Smith claims, did not intervene. 

The News host added that he's still disappointed in his former colleagues.

"I don't know how some people sleep at night," Smith said.
Oh no!  An insurrection?!?!  Sounds pretty serious!

[Image: EsQ_YBOW8AI3OfH?format=png&name=900x900]
I find it darkly amusing that Shepard's "breaking point" was being made fun of and not the unending stream of lies and racism being pumped out 24/7.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
(01-21-2021, 03:58 PM)fuzzy dunlop Wrote: Oh no!  An insurrection?!?!  Sounds pretty serious!

[Image: EsQ_YBOW8AI3OfH?format=png&name=900x900]

Yeah, I saw that on Reuters and oh man was my "sus" alarm blaring.  Basically while BLM supporters were protesting against ICE, a group of activists wearing all black apparently stormed an empty Dem Party, chucking bricks at the windows and spray painting the Anarchy symbol, and otherwise checking every single checkmark on how to scare old white people.  It feels like bait.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
"Invite violence."  

Didn't someone do that recently?  Like, a recent president or something?  Trumphisname?

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1352459523735355392

[Image: EsTmudHXIAAwSYf?format=png&name=360x360]
Did somebody tell that guy that gigantic bald foreheads make you look smart, or something?
Stephen Miller's face could incite violence..

How's Steven Miller's job hunt going?

Shittily, I hope.
He should be fucked unless they make a Pinky and the Brain movie. With rats instead of mice..

Guess who's defending QAnon.  Go ahead, give it a guess.  You get 100 tries and the first 99 don't count:

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/statu...9437665280

Video at the link.
John de Lancie??
[Image: th?id=OIP.s_ZfzHJDwtSfwSC1QgUqtQHaFq&pid...=201&h=154]
Murdoch saying the word "woke" is weirder than I thought it would be:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/rupert-mur...in-speech/

Quote:Rupert Murdoch, head of News Corp. and Fox Corporation, said that media organizations are facing widespread “censorship” that seeks to “stop individuals and societies from realizing their potential.”

Murdoch made the statement in his pre-taped acceptance of a lifetime achievement award from the Australia Day Foundation, the New York Times reports. Murdoch, whose News Corp. Australia properties reach more than 17 million Australians monthly, and whose Fox News Twitter account has 20 million followers, also referred in the video to “rigidly enforced conformity, aided and abetted by so-called social media” as being a “straitjacket on sensibility.”

“For those of us in media,” Murdoch says in the video, “there’s a real challenge to confront: a wave of censorship that seeks to silence conversation, to stifle debate, to ultimately stop individuals and societies from realizing their potential. This rigidly enforced conformity, aided and abetted by so-called social media, is a straitjacket on sensibility. Too many people have fought too hard in too many places for freedom of speech to be suppressed by this awful woke orthodoxy.”
If you have any Fox News watching friends or relatives, here's something to share with them.

It won't likely shift them away but at the very least you can have some fun making them squirm and invent justifications.

"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
The thing is, there's nothing inherently wrong with having a bias. A bias simply means that you view things differently based on personal experiences. And in a perfect world, not only is that okay, but it should encouraged. A certain level of conflict is good for discourse.

The problem is is how capitalism has warped that discourse by basically making the news just another thing to be sold. And while both sides do do this, The conservatives have taken this idea and run with it to the point that they've literally invented alternate realities for their constituents.

(01-26-2021, 07:46 AM)Iron Maiden Wrote: Murdoch saying the word "woke" is weirder than I thought it would be:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/rupert-mur...in-speech/

Quote:Rupert Murdoch, head of News Corp. and Fox Corporation, said that media organizations are facing widespread “censorship” that seeks to “stop individuals and societies from realizing their potential.”

Murdoch made the statement in his pre-taped acceptance of a lifetime achievement award from the Australia Day Foundation, the New York Times reports. Murdoch, whose News Corp. Australia properties reach more than 17 million Australians monthly, and whose Fox News Twitter account has 20 million followers, also referred in the video to “rigidly enforced conformity, aided and abetted by so-called social media” as being a “straitjacket on sensibility.”

“For those of us in media,” Murdoch says in the video, “there’s a real challenge to confront: a wave of censorship that seeks to silence conversation, to stifle debate, to ultimately stop individuals and societies from realizing their potential. This rigidly enforced conformity, aided and abetted by so-called social media, is a straitjacket on sensibility. Too many people have fought too hard in too many places for freedom of speech to be suppressed by this awful woke orthodoxy.”

Translation: How can I continue to exploit white anxieties for my own financial gain if people largely see this as a bad thing.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
I'm still convinced that more than half of Fox's viewership is hatewatching liberals who rush to Twitter -- outraged -- and screaming about the latest racist thing that one of those racists said.

Yes, yes, I know. They're still racist. Thanks for the heads-up!
Hemmer is quite upset that Fauci is answering reporters' questions about Trump:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-bill-he...out-trump/

Quote:Fox News’ Bill Hemmer complained to Dr. Anthony Fauci about all of the conversations he’s had lately that reflected negatively on former president Donald Trump.

Fauci appeared on America’s Newsroom on Tuesday — during which his recent anti-Trump comments were broached, specifically those he made in an interview with the New York Times. In that Times conversation and in others, Fauci remarked upon how feels free from the pressures of the Trump administration, and bashed their lack of adherence to science, as well as their dishonesty about the coronavirus.

During his Newsroom appearance Tuesday, Fauci and Fox’s Dana Perino expressed their mutual regret that so much of the doctor’s Times interview revolved around Trump. Hemmer followed up his co-host by bringing up Fauci’s interviews and stating that it “seems like there is an aggressiveness toward the Trump administration.”

“Why do you even feel the obligation to answer these questions?” Hemmer asked. “And by the way, when you were at the White House, no one prevented you from talking, did they?”
Firing back after getting fired:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fired-fox-ne...-election/

Quote:Former Fox News politics editor Chris Stirewalt is speaking out after his firing last week — defending the much-scrutinized decision to call Arizona early for President Joe Biden, and lamenting the media environment that produced a backlash to that call.

In an op-ed for the L.A. Times, Stirewalt stood behind the Decision Desk’s move to declare Biden a winner in Arizona before any other major outlet — a call that was vindicated by the final results.

“I was proud of our being first to project that Joe Biden would win Arizona, and very happy to defend that call in the face of a public backlash egged on by former President Trump,” Stirewalt wrote. “Being right and beating the competition is no act of heroism; it’s just meeting the job description of the work I love.”

Stirewalt went on to criticize the state of the media, noting that viewers are being given the news they want, not the news they need.

“Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies,” Stirewalt wrote. “As outlets have increasingly prioritized habituation over information, consumers have unsurprisingly become ever more sensitive to any interruption of their daily diet.”

The recently fired editor further argued, “While there is still a lucrative market for a balanced offering of news and opinion at high-end outlets, much of the mainstream is increasingly bent toward flattery and fluff.”

"The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying,” Stirewalt wrote — without calling anyone out by name.
Not a parody:

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/statu...4592732169

[Image: Es3IvdyXMA8JNMx?format=jpg&name=900x900]
Tucker Carlson is more of a parody than Ron Burgundy. He looks like the type of guy who would be amazed at people who peel their bananas. "Wait...those do that?"

Guys, I’m sure if we hear the explanation that will totally make sense.

So tell us Carlson, how does Billionaires losing money fit into race critical theory?
Pretty good Op-ed from the guy that got fired from Fox News for being the first to call Arizona for Biden.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/20...ng-arizona

I think he's on point on the dilemmas of "breaking news," caving into simply feeding people's appetites rather than actual deliver substance.

Quote:Whatever the platform, the competitive advantage belongs to those who can best habituate consumers, which in the stunted, data-obsessed thinking of our time, means avoiding at almost any cost impinging on the reality so painstakingly built around them. As outlets have increasingly prioritized habituation over information, consumers have unsurprisingly become ever more sensitive to any interruption of their daily diet.

The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation.
Being shameless brings in the cash on the conservative side of things, but it's still amazing to me how drenched in self-victimization someone would need to be to interpret John Brennan's words about domestic terrorism as a personal affront to every single conservative.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/tucker...d=msedgntp

Quote:Tucker Carlson believes that many of his colleagues at Fox News would "resign in protest" if anyone on the network said that the threat of domestic terrorism was worse than threats coming from foreign terrorists overseas.

Since President Biden gave his inauguration speech warning about the "rise of political extremism, white supremacy, domestic terrorism," Carlson has been beating the drum that the left views all aggrieved Republicans who voted for Trump as terrorists. He continued that train of thought Friday night by saying that it's not Fox News that's extreme, but rather the other networks like CNN and MSNBC that are radical for suggesting that some Americans might be the problem.

"'American citizens are more dangerous than foreign terrorists.' You often hear people say 'Fox is so extreme, the Fox News channel is so extreme' — no show on this channel would ever put that on the air, ever," Carlson said Friday night. "And if anyone did, people would resign in protest because that is completely untrue and completely reckless."

Carlson shared a clip of former CIA director John Brennan speaking about domestic terrorism on MSNBC. Brennan was explaining that when hunting al-Qaeda, it was often looking for individuals numbering in the "single digits" and that many people who might be willing to commit violence in America are far more prevalent and are already equipped with the weapons to do so. Here's how Carlson interpreted Brennan's comment:

"John Brennan, the former CIA director, has isolated the real problem. The real problem is you. According to Brennan, anyone who disagrees with, say, Susan Rice is worse than Osama bin Laden and more dangerous," Carlson said. "These people, meaning you, have the weapons, these terrorists — and by terrorists Brennan means tens of millions of Americans who have a firearm at home and didn't vote for Joe Biden — they're the threat, and we need to hunt them as we hunted al-Qaeda. You just saw the clip! That's what he said!"