Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Fox News - this is not satire
Sounds pretty serious! Hopefully Congress will give serious consideration to stripping Hunter Biden of his committee assignments.
Now, Tucker Carlson is defending "replacement theory" by name:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/04/...acism.html

Quote:When Nazis marched in Charlottesville in 2017, they chanted “You will not replace us!” and, somewhat more clarifying, “Jews will not replace us!” The terrorist who gunned down 51 people in Christchurch, New Zealand, used this slogan (“The Great Replacement”) in his manifesto. Last night, Tucker Carlson appeared on a prime-time Fox News show to defend this theory, not only in substance but also by name.

“Replacement theory” imagines that an elite cabal, frequently described as Jewish, is plotting to “replace” the native white population with non-white immigrants, who will pollute and destroy the white Christian culture.

Carlson likes to complain about the liberal habit of anathematizing conservative ideas as racist as a substitute for engaging with their substance. So, let’s analyze.

Carlson’s argument is cretinously stupid even by the standards of a Tucker Carlson monologue. He simply asserts that immigration expands the electorate, and therefore dilutes the political power of the existing population:

"It’s a voting-rights question. In a democracy, one person equals one vote. If you change the population, you dilute the political power of the people who live there. So every time they import a new voter, I become disenfranchised as a current voter."

Note that he is not merely arguing against illegal immigration. He is arguing against any immigration. Carlson proposes that any new U.S. citizen reduces the political power of the current population.
(04-09-2021, 10:43 AM)Iron Maiden Wrote: Now, Tucker Carlson is defending "replacement theory" by name:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/04/...acism.html

Quote:When Nazis marched in Charlottesville in 2017, they chanted “You will not replace us!” and, somewhat more clarifying, “Jews will not replace us!” The terrorist who gunned down 51 people in Christchurch, New Zealand, used this slogan (“The Great Replacement”) in his manifesto. Last night, Tucker Carlson appeared on a prime-time Fox News show to defend this theory, not only in substance but also by name.

“Replacement theory” imagines that an elite cabal, frequently described as Jewish, is plotting to “replace” the native white population with non-white immigrants, who will pollute and destroy the white Christian culture.

Carlson likes to complain about the liberal habit of anathematizing conservative ideas as racist as a substitute for engaging with their substance. So, let’s analyze.

Carlson’s argument is cretinously stupid even by the standards of a Tucker Carlson monologue. He simply asserts that immigration expands the electorate, and therefore dilutes the political power of the existing population:

"It’s a voting-rights question. In a democracy, one person equals one vote. If you change the population, you dilute the political power of the people who live there. So every time they import a new voter, I become disenfranchised as a current voter."

Note that he is not merely arguing against illegal immigration. He is arguing against any immigration. Carlson proposes that any new U.S. citizen reduces the political power of the current population.

Sounds like he is coming out strongly in favour of abortion to me. I mean maternity units are nothing but portals for importing new voters.
Just put on the Klan hood already, Carlson. At least it'll cover that stupid bowtie. And that stupid haircut.
They couldn't help themselves:

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status...2263406592

Quote:And here’s Brian Kilmeade trying to blame the death of 99 year old Prince Philip on Megan Markle.

Video at the link.
Is racism considered a mental illness. Because I honestly think that it should be.
The Daily Show has spliced together Tucker Carlson with the El Paso and Christchurch shooter manifestos.

Video at the link:

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/...8876207106

Quote:We need to talk about plagiarism at Fox News
Unsurprisingly, white nationalists are thrilled with Carlson defending "replacement theory" by name.

There are social media posts at the link from prominent shit heads:

https://www.mediamatters.org/tucker-carl...conspiracy

Quote:After the Anti-Defamation League called on Fox News to fire Carlson for his remarks, white supremacist and far-right personalities were quick to make their approval known.

White supremacist and Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes explained what Carlson actually meant in his statements, lamenting that Carlson wasn’t more direct and theorizing that he probably had to dial it back in order to avoid consequences at Fox.

Other racist and extreme far-right media personalities and social media accounts also backed Carlson, celebrating him for broadcasting “what nationalists have been talking about for decades” and defending him against criticism.
I mean at this point just fucking say it: America is for white people. Never mind that forced labor from people outside the country made America what it currently is and how corporations still used cheap labor from immigrants.

But yes, totally this is “your land.”
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
May the last of his advertisers jump ship.
Chris Wallace with some fact-checking and Gov. Abbott with some word salad:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1381236852678623232

Quote:Chris Wallace to Gov. Greg Abbott: "There were thousands of complaints of sexual abuse at migrant shelters during the Trump years. Not to say what's going on now is right, but we couldn't find one instance of you complaining & calling that out when President Trump was president."

Video at the link.
(04-11-2021, 12:40 PM)Iron Maiden Wrote: Chris Wallace with some fact-checking and Gov. Abbott with some word salad:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1381236852678623232

Quote:Chris Wallace to Gov. Greg Abbott: "There were thousands of complaints of sexual abuse at migrant shelters during the Trump years. Not to say what's going on now is right, but we couldn't find one instance of you complaining & calling that out when President Trump was president."

Video at the link.

Abbott:  "There are multiple differences between what happened in the Trump administration and what is happening now."

Yeah, the main one being Trump was president when you chose to ignore all this.
Just this guy, you know?
Former George W. Bush aide Michael Gerson criticized Tucker Carlson's "replacement theory" bullshit:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/bush-aide-...d-cliches/

Quote:Columnist and former George W. Bush aide Michael Gerson slammed Fox News’ Tucker Carlson Monday for recent comments about “replacement theory” and said he’s pushing a “putrescent pile of racist myths and cliches.”

Gerson writes in the Washington Post that Carlson is a “professional troll” and that his comments are “the euphemistic expression of white supremacist replacement doctrine.”

“This is what modern, poll-tested, shrink-wrapped, mass-marketed racism looks like,” he says. “Carlson is providing his audience with sophisticated rationales for their worst, most prejudicial instincts. And the brilliance of Carlson’s business model is to reinterpret moral criticism of his bigotry as an attack by elites on his viewers.”

He even says that Carlson’s commentary is “a pure, accurate depiction of Trumpism,” and defines Trumpism as “an argument that Western society, and American society in particular, is being infected by dirty outsiders who are destroying the country’s very nature.”

And that’s why, Gerson argues, the Republican hope that it can “maintain the Trump coalition without the toxic excesses of Donald Trump’s disordered personality” is “nearly impossible.”
W. was an odd one, a Republican who wasn't racist*, but he gladly leveraged his supporters' racism to carry out his war-mongering.

*or at least as outspokenly racist as Trump

I guess his underlings are now trying to whitewash his presidency and cast him as "not as bad."

No, he's just awful in other ways.
I think Dubya's a decent fellow (caveated by being a typically privileged white guy) but was a shitty president.

I don't want anything to erase how fucking awful his two terms were. I also am good giving him credit for being a respectable ex-president, because that's not gonna happen again for the Republicans for a long while.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Bush's work in Africa was commendable (lots of liberals praised him during and after his presidency for that).  His problems with affirmative action were another story:

https://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/15/polit...ction.html

Quote:Following is a transcript of President Bush's announcement this afternoon regarding affirmative action, as recorded by The New York Times:

The Supreme Court will soon hear arguments in a case about admissions policies and student diversity in public universities. I strongly support diversity of all kinds, including racial diversity in higher education. But the method used by the University of Michigan to achieve this important goal is fundamentally flawed. At their core, the Michigan policies amount to a quota system that unfairly rewards or penalizes prospective students based solely on their race.

So tomorrow my administration will file a brief with the court arguing that the University of Michigan's admissions policies, which award students a significant number of extra points based solely on their race and establishes numerical targets for incoming minority students, are unconstitutional. 
I also remember him going to John McCain's birthday party, although he had a pretty acrimonious relationship with McCain, during Hurricane Katrina.

But he did fly over New Orleans and look out the window on the way home.
I think W is a war criminal. For that and his part in the 2008 economic depression, I consider him worse than Trump.
There are weapons in my hands, my hands are weapons.
His ignoring that August 6th PDB in 2001 was unforgivable. It should've warrated a swift impeachment and removal from office after 9/11. But alas, we're not that kind of country.
Lachlan Murdoch dismissed the demand Fox fire Tucker Carlson:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/media/mur...index.html

Quote:Fox Corporation chief executive Lachlan Murdoch dismissed the Anti-Defamation League's demand that the company fire host Tucker Carlson, telling the organization in a letter that his company saw no problem with comments Carlson made about the racist "great replacement" theory.

"Fox Corporation shares your values and abhors anti-semitism, white supremacy and racism of any kind," Murdoch wrote ADL chief executive Jonathan Greenblatt on Sunday. "In fact, I remember fondly the ADL honoring my father with your International Leadership Award, and we continue to support your mission.

"Concerning the segment of 'Tucker Carlson Tonight' on April 8th, however, we respectfully disagree," Murdoch continued in the letter, which the ADL provided CNN. "A full review of the guest interview indicates that Mr. Carlson decried and rejected replacement theory. As Mr. Carlson himself stated during the guest interview: 'White replacement theory? No, no, this is a voting rights question.'"

In a letter of its own, the ADL responded Monday to Murdoch.

"Although I appreciate the sentiment that you and your father continue to support ADL's mission, supporting Mr. Carlson's embrace of the 'great replacement theory' stands in direct contrast to that mission," Greenblatt wrote.

"As you noted in your letter, ADL honored your father over a decade ago," Greenblatt continued, "but let me be clear that we would not do so today, and it does not absolve you, him, the network, or its board from the moral failure of not taking action against Mr. Carlson."
(04-12-2021, 07:55 PM)Jones Wrote: I think W is a war criminal.  For that and his part in the 2008 economic depression, I consider him worse than Trump.

I dunno, 2020's body count and January 6 puts Trump solidly at the bottom for myself.
lol:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1381306085898870792

[Image: EytijsaXAAEbYS2?format=jpg&name=900x900]
What, is the sharp, incisive wit of Greg Gutfeld not enough for them?
Sounds like I'm a great candidate!
Mike Huckabee's in the running, so get in there fast!
(04-12-2021, 08:35 PM)mondguy Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 07:55 PM)Jones Wrote: I think W is a war criminal.  For that and his part in the 2008 economic depression, I consider him worse than Trump.

I dunno, 2020's body count and January 6 puts Trump solidly at the bottom for myself.

This is a solid argument, but considering estimates of Iraqi casualties can run in the hundreds of thousands, I don't think Dubya's quite of out the running yet.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
"Bodies" by Drowning Pool is the unofficial song of the GOP.
Keep at it, Smartmatic:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/smartmatic-sa...37891.html

Quote:The election technology company Smartmatic pushed back Monday against Fox News’ argument that it had covered the aftermath of the 2020 presidential election responsibly, stating that Fox anchors had played along as guests pushed election-related conspiracy theories.

“The First Amendment does not provide the Fox defendants a get-out-of-jail-free card,” Smartmatic’s lawyer, J. Erik Connolly, wrote in a brief filed in New York state Supreme Court. “The Fox defendants do not get a do-over with their reporting now that they have been sued.”

The brief came in response to motions filed by Fox Corporation and three current and former Fox hosts — Maria Bartiromo, Jeanine Pirro and Lou Dobbs — to dismiss a Smartmatic lawsuit accusing them of defamation.
The "just comply" stuff is coming:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-hegseth...-be-alive/

Quote:Turning back to the protests, Ainsley Earhardt rolled footage of a protester who carried a pig’s head wearing a police hat on a stake. Hegseth ripped the “absolute demonization of law enforcement” at that moment while tying it to attorney Ben Crump saying the Wright shooting was not an accident as the police have claimed.

“That is throwing gasoline on a fire!” Hegseth said. “This woman has been 26 years on the force. She was training a trainee in the process of whether this happened. Apparently [she] has an exemplary record, the head of the police union, a member of the community, made a really tough call, the wrong call, and tragically someone was killed in that moment.”

Hegseth continued by complaining that “very few people are willing to have the conversation we should have, which is Daunte Wright should be alive, but if he had complied, he would be alive.”

“He decided to fight the cop. When you decide to fight the cop, you escalate the situation,” he said. “She didn’t make the right call. He shouldn’t be dead. I’m not excusing that. But when you fight back, you create the possibility for a tragic situation.”
(04-15-2021, 11:37 AM)Iron Maiden Wrote: The "just comply" stuff is coming:

Quote:Hegseth continued by complaining that “very few people are willing to have the conversation we should have, which is Daunte Wright should be alive, but if he had complied, he would be alive.”

“He decided to fight the cop. When you decide to fight the cop, you escalate the situation,” he said. “She didn’t make the right call. He shouldn’t be dead. I’m not excusing that. But when you fight back, you create the possibility for a tragic situation.”

lol not coincidentally, I've been seeing this video circulating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6wp56LNzIE

in which two cops wrestle a white guy, who eventually beats them with their own baton and then steals their cruiser and drives away. No shots fired.
(04-15-2021, 11:37 AM)Iron Maiden Wrote: The "just comply" stuff is coming:

Quote:Turning back to the protests, Ainsley Earhardt rolled footage of a protester who carried a pig’s head wearing a police hat on a stake. Hegseth ripped the “absolute demonization of law enforcement” at that moment while tying it to attorney Ben Crump saying the Wright shooting was not an accident as the police have claimed.

“That is throwing gasoline on a fire!” Hegseth said. “This woman has been 26 years on the force. She was training a trainee in the process of whether this happened. Apparently [she] has an exemplary record, the head of the police union, a member of the community, made a really tough call, the wrong call, and tragically someone was killed in that moment.”

Hegseth continued by complaining that “very few people are willing to have the conversation we should have, which is Daunte Wright should be alive, but if he had complied, he would be alive.”

Remember kids: Police, people who are trained to handle people and keep the peace are allowed to freak out, get scared, and fear for their lives, but citizens must comply.

Can you say "We live in a police state?"
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
This isn't quite the tune I remember these people singin' after Ruby Ridge. I wonder why...?
You jumped all the way back to the 90s, when January 6th was like three months ago...
What can I say, I was feeling nostalgic.
Speaking of the '90s, remember that movie "Starship Troopers," where they lived in a society that was bifurcated, and people were classified as either Citizens or Civilians, the latter of whom were denied certain rights, like the ability to vote, or have access to a higher education, or even procreate with less red tape?

The only major difference between the movie's depiction of an unequal society and our current crumbling civilization is that in the movie a Civilian could actually become a Citizen.

Would you like to know more...?