Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion
They got Blunt?

Marvel always continues to amaze me with who they can land. Robert Redford was in a Marvel film for Pete's sake. 

Theyve got guys like Ant Man. Strange. Guardians. Etc.. to work not only as backup characters but staring in their own film.  Zero need to reinvent the wheel when the can continue to farm the C level characters and cast the hell out of them.
(Yesterday, 03:19 PM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: I'm very much against recasting this version of the MCU. You can easily get another decade out of the second-gen characters. Let them ride it out, get another decade out of the X-Men and Fantastic Four, then hard reboot around 2035.

I'm with you Bart, I'm not really sure why everyone is concerned about recasting Cap, Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man.

A 21 year old Tom Holland is available to make a decade or more movies with Spider-Man villains alone.

Fantastic Four and X-Men stories to make.

Supernatural stories involving Blade and Ghost Rider.

Oh, and when Disney ends it's relationship with Netflix there is hope that they start making Daredevil and Punisher movies as well.

There's so much content to left to mine.
Godspeed lilttle doodle.
(Yesterday, 05:03 PM)catartik Wrote: A 21 year old Tom Holland is available to make a decade or more movies with Spider-Man villains alone.

Fantastic Four and X-Men stories to make.

Supernatural stories involving Blade and Ghost Rider.

Oh, and when Disney ends it's relationship with Netflix there is hope that they start making Daredevil and Punisher movies as well.

So on the plus side we get to re-do 1999-2009.
(Yesterday, 05:01 PM)nickp Wrote: They got Blunt?

Blunt was the original choice for the Black Widow.  She had to pull out when some other studio (can't recall which) exercised their contract and forced her to do Gulliver's Travels.  ScarJo ended up filling the role instead, and the rest, as they say, is history.

I'd say there is still a halfway decent chance Blunt shows up somewhere in the Marvel Mix eventually.
For Fantstic Four, an article i read fan casting her and her husband as Sue and Reed seems so perfect. Hell, have him direct it.

They even fan casted Cena as The Thing and Efron as Johnny.  

All solid picks. Cena has shown his comedic chops and him and Efron would have a great rapport.
(Yesterday, 06:06 PM)nickp Wrote: For Fantstic Four, an article i read fan casting her and her husband as Sue and Reed seems so perfect. Hell, have him direct it.

They even fan casted Cena as The Thing and Efron as Johnny.  

All solid picks. Cena has shown his comedic chops and him and Efron would have a great rapport.

I never cared much about the FF, but I'm down for all of that.

Also, my mistake in that I mixed up Blunt and Brie Larson as Captain Marvel.
never ever krasinski

right, shaun?
A few years back Efron was rumoured for a Marvel role of some sort.

He’s the kind of actor that Marvel would risk taking a chance on for the right part. He’s so frigging handsome though it’s almost distracting.

And John Cena is kind of one of those odd enough it would work choices much like Dave Bautista.
Godspeed lilttle doodle.
I would really appreciate Marvel holding on to Holland long enough for us to see an adult, post college Peter Parker if at all possible.

And can we get a Kraven the Hunter film please? Just bring in Javier Bardem and make it a real-time hunt in NYC sanctioned by JJ Jameson.
(Yesterday, 10:16 AM)jmacq1 Wrote:
(Yesterday, 09:49 AM)Codename Wrote: Guys, guys, guys, hear me out...

Steve dies heroically in some battle or other. And then we move to a spirit realm similar to what we saw in Black Panther...only it's 1940's Brooklyn as we saw in The First Avenger.

And then...we see her. Peggy in her red dress, smiling serenely. Before the camera pans back to show Steve...only it's skinny pre-serum Rogers.

"You owe me a dance, soldier..."

"That I do ma'am...that I do."

They embrace and start to dance and not an eye in the house is dry.

I feel bad for Peggy's husband/the father of her children. Apparently he gets to be a single dad in the afterlife.

Implying the afterlife isn't a polyamorous fuckfest 24/7.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
The living forever in the soul stone thing gives me a little bit of the creeps. I get that the idea is it's a narrative version of paradise, and don't think about it too much, but it sounds isolated and purgatorial, the sort of ambiguous fate someone gets in a Neil Gaiman comic or a Spike Jonze film.

A version of Black Panther's afterlife, where there's a bunch of people around, sounds cooler. Or does that purple sky imply Infinity Gem fuckery?
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
The Soul Gem would be orange. I've come around to the idea that it's not in Wakanda; the Avengers head there after their first scrape with Thanos' minions, but maybe they bring something with them that Thanos wants. Maybe Doctor Strange or the Vision still have one of their Gems at that point.
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
I think they are protecting Vision in Wakanda.  

The Avenger films have always done the "good guys vs countless identical bad guys" with there being a single location one of them is trying to get to.  Avengers 1, the good guys trying to get the sky portal. Avengers 2, the bad guys trying to get to that device that would make the city fall.  Avengers 3 will have the good guys protecting Vision from being got by the bad guys.

At least that's my guess
Vision as MacGuffin is pretty good. Doctor Strange also has his to protect, and it appears he is captured and tortured at one point, probably because of the Time Gem.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
One of the trailers shows vision in Wakanda but he's not fighting, talking about them being out of time.  Mix thst with him being absent from the "running into battle" glimpse, I think it's safe to say they brought him to Wakanda for protection.  

The first trailer there's also a glimpse of him being helped out of the back of the quinnjet when Captain meets with Panther
I'm not familiar with this website, and I would believe its efficacy more if he said New Mutants and not Dark Phoenix: http://comicgenre.com/index.php/2018/04/...haracters/

But if he meant New Mutants then I can believe no other Fox X-Men movie (meaning all the rumored X-Force, Kitty Pryde, Gambit, Multiple Man stuff) will go into production because there's just no time. I also have a feeling Dark Phoenix and New Mutants got pushed back to next year so Fox can fill their slate without having to make any more X-Men movies.

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."

(2 hours ago)bartleby_scriven Wrote: I'm not familiar with this website, and I would believe its efficacy more if he said New Mutants and not Dark Phoenix: http://comicgenre.com/index.php/2018/04/...haracters/

But if he meant New Mutants then I can believe no other Fox X-Men movie (meaning all the rumored X-Force, Kitty Pryde, Gambit, Multiple Man stuff) will go into production because there's just no time. I also have a feeling Dark Phoenix and New Mutants got pushed back to next year so Fox can fill their slate without having to make any more X-Men movies.

Feels about right. Time to put a can on this scattershot take, anyway.

I wonder if Thanos's invasion will be worked in as a potential cause for Phase 4 heroes - some sort of widespread gene mutation leading to the X-men, New Mutants, etc.

I'm ultimately of the opinion, having watched all of these recently, that they should simply retire the Cap/Thor/Iron Man and move on with new heroes and situations. There is ultimately only so much you can do with these archetypes before they become repetitious, and all three are veering towards a climax in personal and narrative arcs... let them go out gracefully, and bring in some new blood.

Maybe keep RDJ as AI/voice, tho. He's just too beautiful-sounding to completely discard.
(2 hours ago)kuenjato Wrote:
(2 hours ago)bartleby_scriven Wrote: I'm not familiar with this website, and I would believe its efficacy more if he said New Mutants and not Dark Phoenix: http://comicgenre.com/index.php/2018/04/...haracters/

Feels about right. Time to put a can on this scattershot take, anyway.

I wonder if Thanos's invasion will be worked in as a potential cause for Phase 4 heroes - some sort of widespread gene mutation leading to the X-men, New Mutants, etc.

A few years ago, before the reshuffling of Phase 3 when Infinity War was two parts without being coy and an Inhumans movie was scheduled to come out in 2019, I strongly believed Terrigen Mists would be spread all over the world and be a big part of Phase 4, as that happened in Jonathan Hickman's Infinity series from 2013 (and what led to the introduction of Kamala Khan and others). 

Then Inhumans started popping up on Agents of SHIELD and the movie got cancelled and turned into a TV show. So I just don't know. Although if the rumor about the Eternals is true, they may tie in somehow as in the comics they've been hinted at before to be indirectly responsible for man eventually evolving into mutants.

This is good, and makes me wish Doctor Strange did fall so flat for me: http://www.slashfilm.com/doctor-strange-revisited/