Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick and Morty

two words...."ass planet"

This show is too good.

Nice to see Cronenberg Rick and Morty in

one of the backgrounds at the Council of Ricks

"What do me and OJ not have in common?"

It's not only funny but it also has pretty cool sci-fi stories.

Hell, this is some of the most imaginative sci-fi in ages, especially for television. Earthlings don't deserve this show.

I kept thinking of quotes to use here but now they're all jumbled together.

Indeed.  This show wasted exactly no time diving into the deep end of the sci-fi pool and stretching the jokes for all they are worth.  The progression of the "pizzas ordering out for people" gag is both completely demented and oddly logical at the same time.

"Show me the Morty!"

"I'd rather listen to this than Mumford & Sons"

"This guy gets it..."

"I'm not crying I'm just allergic to dipshits!"

I enjoyed this episode a lot. Really like how this show assumes that everyone watching has some concept of the multiverse theory (hell, even if you don't - Rick and Morty makes it very easy to digest.

Anyone suppose that Evil Morty is the one in the opening credits whose face falls off? Next week is the season finale and we still haven't seen Jerry give birth or the gang being chased by Cthulhu.

Does anyone else think that dufus Rick's ovenless brownies were made out of his own shit?

"So listen..the heat's on, and there's nowhere left to turn, so Morty and I are just gonna fly my spaceship into a black hole. That cool with you, dawg?"

I'm just gonna say it.  I'm loving this more than I have ever loved Community.  That could be cancelled tomorrow and I wouldn't be too broken up since I have Rick and Morty.  Although having both is always more preferable.

"Welcome to Greasy Grandma World.  Population:  A Whole Lot, Sonny!"

That sound you hear is Jim Davis rotating in his grave.

I love this show....

Abradolph Lincler

“squanching”

Bird Person

Gear Head

“I love watching bukakke, I mean, like, I don’t know if I personally would ever do it…”

....godDAMN, so much goodness

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTRan View Post

“I love watching bukakke, I mean, like, I don’t know if I personally would ever do it…”

I was so, so unprepared for that joke.  And I feel so dumb for even momentarily thinking that there could be anything but Squanchy squanching one out in that cupboard.

"...It has been a tough mating season for Birdperson..."

The bukakke joke caught me off-guard big time. And it was great.

This show definately has had one of the strongest first seasons of any show in my recent memory.

Quote:

I love this show....

Abradolph Lincler

“squanching”

Bird Person

Gear Head

....godDAMN, so much goodness

And that's why you don't invite a Floopy-doop and a Shoopy-doop to the same party

"Glip-Glop" is like the N-Word and C-Word had a baby and was raised by all the bad words for Jews."

"My Glip-Glops...."

The mini arc of Birdperson getting laid was fucking amazing.

Well, I loved that season. Beyond anyone's wildest expectations for this. Easily and hands down the funniest cartoon on TY in quite a while. I like Bob's Burgers quite a bit (and their last episode was killer), and I enjoy Archer too, but this one's kicking ass like Venture Brothers or South Park at their prime. Every episode was very good to great!

In fact, I'd go with:

11. Pilot

10. Raising Gazorpazorp

9. M-Night-Shyamaliens!

8. Something Ricked This Way Comes

7. Anatomy Park

6. Lawnmower Dog

5. Ricksy Business

4. Rick Potion #9

3. Close Encounters of a Rick Kind

2. Rixty Minutes

1. Meseeks and Destroy - I think I gotta go with this one just because it's where I realized how much ass the show was kicking.

God, I love this show.

I liked Summer's arc that next time she partyied she was just going to get wrecked - that's all you've got to know about the edge of 17.

Pretty much lost it when Rick pulled a psych on his new catch phrase and announced that he didn't give a fuck.

"Shake That Ass Bitch" is such a Stern gold-standard along with "Can a N**** Get a Table Dance?", it's wild to hear it anywhere else, but oh so perfect.

From 2006:

http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoen...802e364e5a

Two [CFL] Hamilton Tiger-Cats cheerleaders remain under suspension by the club after they appeared on Howard Stern's satellite radio program last week

"Howard mentioned the girls will be competing in a fitness competition in Toronto later this summer," according to an account on Stern's website (http://www.howardstern.com). "Because of this, Howard asked the girls if they'd demonstrate their dance moves, which they did to the song, 'Shake That Ass, Bitch.' After the dance, Howard noted the girls looked like they were strippers."

The website identified the women only as Canadian Football League cheerleaders. On Friday night, following Hamilton's pre-season win over Toronto, Ticat officials admitted both were part of Hamilton's cheerleading team.

Neither was on the sidelines Friday night. They have both been suspended pending an investigation. There is no timeline for a decision.

I was under the impression that cheerleading paid shit and that if not strippers outright a lot of the girls were dancers of the more "exotic" variety.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Shaver View Post

God, I love this show.

I haven't bought a DVD in ages...there hasn't been anything coming out in the last few years that I felt was worth owning/rewatching.

When the Rick & Morty season 1 DVD is released, I'll be buying a copy.

Jesus, that was great.

There hasn't been an animated show this good in quite some time.  Roiland and Harmon have something special right here.  That last episode was squanching amazing.

I'm struggling with ranking them at the moment. Maybe after a few weeks I'll revisit them more objectively but this show is tailor made to my sensibilities.  Just so much to fucking love.

Birdperson is pleased that we are getting Season 2.

This is one of those shows where I'm going to buy the box set - but not for myself. I'll give it to someone who has never even heard of this show, and who I think deserves something special, and then radiate in their pure joy a few days later after they've burned through the entire disc and are now excitedly hurling out lines and catchphrases.

AThis was one of the best seasons of TV I've ever seen. Love this show. "I don't give a f@ck!". That's my new catch phrase"

Wow - someone told me to check out the blog of James McDermott (art director for Rick and Morty). Some of these pics are fantastic!!!!!!

Here's your chance....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Enormous-Rick-an...1524734559

Quote:

Christmas may have come early for those in that Venn diagram overlap of fans of adult animation who also have lots of disposable income, plus a large amount of real estate and/or wall space to fill. The Rick And Morty billboard previously seen on Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood is currently on eBay. Fans of the Adult Swim show, created by Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon, can bid on this giant piece of memorabilia with the current top bid at $620. (It’s uncertain what the conversion rate to schmeckles would be.) The listing does not include the banner, but solely encompasses the seemingly life-sized versions of Morty and Rick in the spaceship.

http://www.avclub.com/article/wubba-lubb...rty-209187

AMost significant thing that taught me was the shows not coming back till summer. Too long!
Quote:

I haven't bought a DVD in ages...there hasn't been anything coming out in the last few years that I felt was worth owning/rewatching.

When the Rick & Morty season 1 DVD is released, I'll be buying a copy.

Well, better open up that wallet, because Season 1 is out today on Blu-Ray and DVD! Picking this up after work.

If anyone is worried about quality dropping, just take a look at this storyboard from Season 2.

"Hey, where's my wife?!?"

Rick and Morty is getting its own comic book:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01/23/a...oni-press/

Gotta read it.

Americans, when does your summer officially start?

It's been a rough year so far and I would pay good schmeckles to get Season 2 as soon as possible.

As someone who dislikes current television, I'm so excited for this.