Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Late Thread with David Letterman
(11-04-2019, 08:34 AM)Mangy Wrote:
(10-05-2019, 09:34 AM)fatherdude Wrote: Letterman is the first guest on the new season of Conan's podcast.  Monday.
This was great. The Bob Hope stories made me laugh hard.

One of the best Late Night episodes, ever...Dave rewatches a Bobe Hope episode from three years earlier

Also with a staggeringly young Bill Maher there.

Going through all the Siskel and Ebert appearances was pure joy.
Bittersweet. Never be another couple like those two.

Current

Regis' first time on Late Night in 1983.

And thirty years later:

I'm in for two of these interviews.

Interesting...I hadn't heard about the specific sketch (or the reaction to it, rather) that caused Dave Chappelle to leave his show.

If you'd asked me to predict whether I was going to dig the Kardashian ep much, much more than the RDJ ep before I saw them I'd probably have said "Not on your nelly." And I'd have been very, very wrong.

By the way, here's an hour of Dave a couple of days ago on the best and longest running pop culture podcast I know of:

https://maximumfun.org/episodes/bullseye...letterman/
There's an ongoing Twitter thread with links to the many, many times Letterman would fall for a band.

It's worth a look-see:

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/stat...5583537154

It's a real shame that the Orwells turned out to be such shitheads.  Their Letterman performance was pretty legendary for a minute there, especially with Letterman asking them to play "Who Needs You" again and Paul Shaffer singing some of the lyrics and worming on the floor.
When the greatest pilot of all time met the greatest talk show host of all time.

Donz never fails. RIP General Yeager.

Some sad news, Jungle Jack Hanna, wildlife conservation expert and advocate has been diagnosed with dementia.  He was always a great guest and even named the first white rhino born in North America after Dave.  I remember watching this clip live thirty-four years ago.

Jack's first and last visits.  Tough time watching this.