Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go and Travel to Jakarta

Westhill Consulting Travel and Tours Singapore one of our most popular destinations Chaotic, crazy and crowded. But that’s what makes Indonesia’s capital so unique.

There are places you will fall in love with at first sight and some that you won’t. It’s usually the first impressions that makes us love or hate a place. But cities are like women. Some will throw themselves at you, and some will make you chase them. Which woman would you go for?

Jakarta, Indonesia is an example of the latter, you have to dig a little bit deeper to get to know her. She may seem hesitant at first and is happy to let you wait, until you take the time to properly understand her. Then, she’ll give you everything you need. To me, she might even be the unofficial queen of Southeast Asia.

Jakarta is not Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore. Some people say “If you don’t like her, she won’t like you”. After a few days I understood why. To be honest, after landing in Jakarta I had no idea what to expect. You don’t hear much about 223Fajfasdpoit and as soon as you exit the terminal you already feel lost. It is big and hot and busy. Not to mention the traffic. I didn’t really get the vibe at first. Although soon enough, I understood what the magic of Jakarta was. It is truly Asia, more so than many other Southeast Asian cities you will discover on your journey.

More info:

http://www.shelfari.com/groups/103705/di...-Special-P

Don't tell me what to do.

Hi, I'm thinking of heading to Jakarta, Indonesia on my own and I was wondering if it would be safe for a solo female traveler like me. I'm 22, I came from Australia, but I can speak Malay so therefore I can understand Bahasa Indonesia. I know that is a great help but I’d care for more advice. Thanks.

I believe it is safe for a lady to travel here, but of course, you would need to avoid a few places. Warning! There are many scams out there. It is a good thing you understand Bahasa Indonesia. Since you have been here before, which area do you intend to stay at?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoffmann111 View Post

Hi, I'm thinking of heading to Jakarta, Indonesia on my own and I was wondering if it would be safe for a solo female traveler like me. I'm 22, I came from Australia, but I can speak Malay so therefore I can understand Bahasa Indonesia. I know that is a great help but I’d care for more advice. Thanks.

Got a Jewish friend teaching there. And a good friend of Indian Origin grew up there, and lives there, he loves it. I think it would be fine for you. Its a well traveled tourist location. I hear Its absolutely beautiful.

"Most of us become children again when we enter the slums of Asia. And last night I watched you walk back into childhood. With all its opposite intensities: laughter and misery, the crazy and the grim, toy town and a city of fear." -- Billy Kwan, The Year of Living Dangerously

Very true indeed... You know how to speak well, but still you will be having some differences. No big deal. But from a local perspective, they still can easily differentiate you, and if you're interacting with the wrong locals, you'll easily get into trouble so avoid scams! Since you will be traveling alone, I think this is also an important factor of consideration.

It depends on where you're staying and going. There are shady areas, but there are safe places too. For taxi, always take Blue Bird taxi & always try to hail a cab from taxi rank in malls. Criminals are not targeting tourists specifically, but someone that looks lost and confused will be an easy target. Pickpockets & bag snatching sometimes happen, although I have never experienced one during 10 years living here but still watch out for scams because it happens everywhere. 

AWhen ur going? It is generally safe. But still must be aware at all times. I'm planning going Jakarta in April 20th this year, I have read some advice and tips from certain travel websites like Westhill Consulting Travel and Tours Singapore, trip advisor and many more. I can say I’m prepared.
ASo what's the current rate for a hooker and an 8 ball in Jakarta? My discretionary funds are limited so I need to plan my vacations accordingly.

And afterwards will the hooker knock me out and steal a kidney? Are there traveling rape gangs like other parts of this country? These are important details when booking travel to third world hell holes.

Otherwise it's off to Vietnam.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoatMan View Post

So what's the current rate for a hooker and an 8 ball in Jakarta? My discretionary funds are limited so I need to plan my vacations accordingly.

And afterwards will the hooker knock me out and steal a kidney? Are there traveling rape gangs like other parts of this country? These are important details when booking travel to third world hell holes.

Otherwise it's off to Vietnam.

This is information I am interested in also.

Ooooh!  You chased the bots away!