Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Misogyny and the discrimination and abuse of women in the US and around the world
You mean birth control pills?
(05-15-2019, 08:34 PM)bradito Wrote: You mean birth control pills?

Yes, but a mote effective and cheaper method; or a pill or injector that quick
y forced the disposal of the egg naturally in case of rape.
Also, a male version would be amazing.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
Nobody can ever admit when I zinged 'em.
(05-15-2019, 09:52 PM)bradito Wrote: Nobody can ever admit when I zinged 'em.

It was a good zinger, my friend.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

I'm very pro-choice, not pro-abortion.  I just think it should be an option, and personally, am very, very glad my deceased brother's ex-fiancee is not raising my niece or nephew right now, and is completely out of my life.
Here's the thing: Republican women also get abortions. Republican women also have miscarriages. Republican women are also the victims of rape and incest. I know that Republican men labor under the delusion that their wives and girlfriends and mistresses and sisters and daughters are all pure beings of light and only liberal women and POCs will suffer under this legislation. But it ain't going to be the case. And they're going to learn the hard way when they find out that someone they actually care about commits suicide, leaves their newborn in a dumpster, or is hospitalized (and subsequently jailed) for a back alley abortion that went wrong.
(05-16-2019, 01:21 AM)bradito Wrote: Here's the thing: Republican women also get abortions. Republican women also have miscarriages. Republican women are also the victims of rape and incest. I know that Republican men labor under the delusion that their wives and girlfriends and mistresses and sisters and daughters are all pure beings of light and only liberal women and POCs will suffer under this legislation. But it ain't going to be the case. And they're going to learn the hard way when they find out that someone they actually care about commits suicide, leaves their newborn in a dumpster, or is hospitalized (and subsequently jailed) for a back alley abortion that went wrong.

haha. No they don't.  This is cynicism at its finest.  Play to the idiots and morons who'll froth over the mouths just by hearing the word "Jesus," but ship out your daughters and mistresses to another state to get that abortion.
"Why did she do it?"
"Why are you the fucking Police?"

No, I'm right, dammit!
(05-16-2019, 09:16 AM)ska oreo Wrote: haha. No they don't.  This is cynicism at its finest.  Play to the idiots and morons who'll froth over the mouths just by hearing the word "Jesus," but ship out your daughters and mistresses to another state to get that abortion.

Definitely.

It was also reported yesterday that Americans had the lowest number of children in 2018 in 32 years. This is as much about preserving the white majority by any means necessary as it is about God's precious babies. It's racist, sexist, anti-poor bullshit.

You would think Baby Boomers would be kind of shaken by the fact their generation inspired millions to say "let's stop making people," but self-awareness left them long ago, if it was ever there.
(05-16-2019, 10:57 AM)Mangy Wrote: You would think Baby Boomers would be kind of shaken by the fact their generation inspired millions to say "let's stop making people," but self-awareness left them long ago, if it was ever there.

This needs to be said more.  The state of the world definitely influenced me to not procreate.
Just hopping in here to say if you know anyone who thinks rape victims should be forced to deliver the baby, you'd be justified in removing them from your life immediately.

It'd be great if more boomers said things like "I'm pro-life, but don't vote anymore because my daughter would cut off access to my grandkids."

Is it callous to use something like that as leverage? Absolutely. If anyone has a better idea for how to proceed non-violently, I'm all ears.
(05-16-2019, 10:57 AM)Mangy Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 09:16 AM)ska oreo Wrote: haha. No they don't.  This is cynicism at its finest.  Play to the idiots and morons who'll froth over the mouths just by hearing the word "Jesus," but ship out your daughters and mistresses to another state to get that abortion.

Definitely.

It was also reported yesterday that Americans had the lowest number of children in 2018 in 32 years. This is as much about preserving the white majority by any means necessary as it is about God's precious babies. It's racist, sexist, anti-poor bullshit

If that's the plan then it's a terrible one because it's certainly not going to work.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
(05-17-2019, 07:24 AM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: If that's the plan then it's a terrible one because it's certainly not going to work.
Offhand, I can't really recall a recent time when any of these goons asked "is this idea smart?"
Missouri too.  No exemptions for rape or incest:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/missouri-poise...d=63050431

Quote:Missouri became the latest state to push anti-abortion legislation forward, with a series of sweeping abortion restrictions, including an 8-week ban, passed Friday. 

The bill passed the state's Senate and went back to the state's House of Representatives for final sign off. 

ABC affiliate KMIZ reports that the House passed the bill Friday afternoon with a vote of 110-44 and it has been sent to Gov. Mike Parson, a Republican, who has the option to sign it into law. 

The movement in Missouri comes two days after the governor of Alabama passed a near-total ban on abortions in the state. Neither the Alabama law nor the proposed Missouri bill have exemptions for instances of rape or incest, meaning that if the laws go into effect, abortions will not be allowed in those cases as well as any other pregnancies.

The only exception in the Alabama law is in cases where the mother’s health is at risk. The Missouri bill has a similar exemption, allowing abortions only in cases of medical emergencies. 
Boy, they're really eager to proclaim themselves the Shithole States, eh?

And to toss another state on the pile:

https://www.theroot.com/north-carolina-w...1834859021

Quote:a North Carolina bill that would have made it illegal to continue having sex with someone who told them to stop failed to even make it out of committee for a vote in that state’s Senate.

North Carolina is “the only state where a person cannot revoke consent for a sexual act once it is underway,” the Associated Press reports.

In North Carolina, it is legal to have nonconsensual sex with an incapacitated person if that person willingly got drunk or high. It is also legal to drug someone’s drink.

Yikes.
Gamertag: Tweakee
I never expected the pro-rape movement to make such gains. I really didnt.
with links to their hypocrisy...

Quote:Abortion is Immoral, Except When It Comes to My Mistresses
by Devorah Blachor

TIM: Life begins at conception. Pregnancy is a gift from God, which is why I’m cosponsoring this anti-abortion legislation after asking my lover to have an abortion. I’m 65 and she’s 32, but you probably figured that out already.

SCOTT: When you’re a pro-life, pro-family values Republican doctor running for Congress, you understand the value of human life. I had an affair with a patient and then pressured her to have an abortion. I also fired a gun outside my wife’s bedroom. Who better than me to forcibly take the choice away from American women? I had to send my girlfriend out of state to get her abortion. Liberals are hedonistic monsters and it just makes me so angry!

[cont.]
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
(05-15-2019, 08:10 PM)ryoken Wrote: It kinda amazes me that no drug company has decided to invest in developing a contraceptive that is fully non abortive and easy to market.

(05-15-2019, 09:45 PM)ryoken Wrote: a pill or injector that quick
y forced the disposal of the egg naturally in case of rape.

I don't think you can do both of those things. Such a treatment would be by definition abortive, I think.
In that regard though the Morning After Pill seems to fit the description (aka Plan B). Don't they have that everywhere?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levonorgestrel
Also, wouldnt it be more cost effective and less invasive just to have all men get vasectomies at a certain age?
Its easily reversible, is just a walk in procedure and you cant get a woman pregnant after it.
But we dont hear vasectomy being pushed instead of forcing laws on women and their bodies.

speaking with a high degree of irony....jeebus?!

Quote:Florida State Rep. Says God Has Told Him To Introduce Abortion Bill Which Allows No Exceptions

Florida state Rep. Mike Hill said the abortion bill he introduced to the state legislature this year was sent to him by God.

Hill made the statements on Thursday while vsiting a Women for Responsible Legislation group in Pensacola, and speaking about the bill which is similar to a law that passed in Alabama earlier this month, the Pensacola News Journal reported.

"As plain as day, God spoke to me. He said that wasn't my bill, talking about the heartbeat detection bill that I filed. He said that wasn't my bill," Hill said. "I knew immediately what He was talking about."

Hill's proposed law, which died before getting a committee hearing, would have restricted abortions after a fetal heartbeat is detected and included exceptions for rape, incest, medical emergency, human trafficking and domestic violence. Hill said he only placed those exceptions into the bill to increase the chances of it passing.

"[God] said, 'you remove those exceptions and you file it again.' And I said 'yes Lord, I will'," Hill told the group about the bill. "It's coming back. It's coming back. We are going to file that bill without any exceptions, just like what we saw passed in Alabama."

You say you talk to 'god'....fine.

You say 'god' talks to you?

Fuck off you delusional nutcase.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson