Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Post-Release Thread

No.

Whether you'd probably see it or not...THAT'S a spoiler.

ASPOILER!

I have to wait two weeks to probably see this?!

END SPOILER!

BASTARD.

AThis is a post-release thread, Merriweather! I can spoil away if I want!
A[quote name="drunkdrgonzo" url="/community/t/150557/the-amazing-spider-man-2-post-release-thread#post_3701318"]This argument always seems to pop up when a film gets a world wide release before it debuts in the states. [/quote]

[VIDEO]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VzRQ4QrZnXQ[/VIDEO]
AI read some of Merriweather's spoilers but not all. Now I want to read the rest. Gah, what do I do?!
AI read the last three words followed by the second word of each sentence.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike's Pants View Post

I read the last three words followed by the second word of each sentence.

Don't spoil it biiiitttccchhh.

I'll be watching this thread.

AI'll probably spoil myself.
AWhy not just block CCCC? I did years ago.

On the other topic:

Most space.

Such spoiler.

Moar.

Moar.

Way to wreck the one thing consistently praised in these disasters.
AHow are Spider-Man's eyes? Are they wide enough? Can they dramatically reflect things well enough?
AThe Fuck!?

Apparently the Spiderman stinger is a scene from Days of Future Past?

Saw this today.

There are effective moments in it.

But it's a complete fucking mess.

Will elucidate when I have more time.

A[quote name="Mike's Pants" url="/community/t/150557/the-amazing-spider-man-2-post-release-thread#post_3701473"]The Fuck!?

Apparently the Spiderman stinger is a scene from Days of Future Past?[/quote]
I guess Fox and Sony are both desperate to keep the rights from the reverting to Marvel?

BLANK SPACE

Probably, that makes sense.

It's almost as if Sony and Fox have the same plan as the villains in the movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post

-Paul Giamatti appears in the opening, where Spidey catches him driving that truck of chemicals, and in the final scenes. The film ends on the Spidey/Rhino fight in the trailers.

I called it.

AI was waiting for your victory lap.
AI read all the spoilers.

I'll probably still see this.

Complaining about spoilers in a post release thread is ridiculous, you're acting like a mental, CCCC. That said, the opening post is kind of garbage, like the guy just couldn't wait to be THREAD STARTER-MAN so he just cobbled together a load of plot points from a chum and wikipedia or something, a real *effort* job. I mean, Christ, you say you're seeing it later, at least wait till after then and open with a proper write up.

Meh, you guys deserve each other, you're just bags of piss with a keyboard, the pair of you.

And yeah, Tsu calls it: while I appreciate it's an iconic comic moment, by going there they've nixed the best thing these films had going for them. Anyway, reckon I'll wait for it to come on the TV. Wake me up when Sony decide to do a Superior Foes flick instead - Boomerang is the best-worst.

Found time.

The Good

The love-story is mostly fixed. They find conflict, story and real chemistry. Emma Stone is a godsend, bringing the best performance in the movie, especially as she's given more to do and actual function and import in the story. Her dramatic exit is brilliantly played, and that moment, insular of everything else, is the crown jewel of the movie.

That's the thing; there are plenty of small moments and bits that really work (Spidey meeting a kid, certain bits of action), it's just in the cohesion, in the crafting of a proper narrative with proper character development that things begin to fall apart.

The Bad

Maxwell Dillon is over-played pre-electro, he's such an over-the-top bumbler that he would seem more at home in an episode of chuckle-vision than a full on superhero epic. When his monstrous change occurs there's a brilliant scene in Times Square which is character-driven and emotionally affecting but it's the best his character receives, afterwards he becomes a one dimensional evil guy obsessed with power, and all sympathy is lost. He is defeated in the end by Spider-Man straight up murdering him, which in an ugly twist Spider-Man seems to have no moral problems with, and the movie just treats with a shrug and a feeling of "well, he's gone". If he was supposed to be a sympathetic Frankenstein's Monster-esque character then they fucked it up.

Fans of The Green Goblin will also be upset; the insane figure of evil that was Norman Osborn in the suit never appears, in fact Osborn Sr. dies without much fanfare. It's Harry that becomes the Goblin, not only does the cackling figure not fit into Harry's arc emotionally, they make him the killer of Gwen solely to capitalize on that famous imagery. unlike that story-line in the comics, Harry doesn't have much reason to want to murder Gwen, he just does because he has to.

Also, there's so many references to Spider-man lore in order to help build a wider universe, but they're all just kind of thrown in without context.

The entire middle section of the film drags. on. forever...............

It has some serious pacing issues; the whole parent's story line is finally solved, but just as a way of filling in a plot-hole from the first movie, it neither informs the character nor informs events as they continue, it is solved and then forgotten about.

It's a shame. because the Gwen stuff (both romance and death) is pretty good. I just wish there was a better movie to go along with it.

Also, that X-Men bit at the end just confused the shit out of everyone.

Sounds like Fox/Sony don't understand that the mid-credits teaser trend isn't just a place to advertise any damn movie you want.

And it sounds like AS-M2 is as much a mess as I expect it to be.

Gwen dying just makes the ending of Amazing WAAAAAAY waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy worse.

Does her neck crack like a chicken bone?  Does she get just fucking violently broken?  It seems like pretty harsh material for what appears to be a very visually "light" movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman View Post

Gwen dying just makes the ending of Amazing WAAAAAAY waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy worse.

Yeah. It also means we're probably back to morose Parker in Amazing 3. Yay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.T. View Post

Sounds like Fox/Sony don't understand that the mid-credits teaser trend isn't just a place to advertise any damn movie you want.

http://www.avclub.com/article/amazing-sp...lly-203543

Variety has the back story. O'Neal summarizes.

I'll just watch SPIDER-MAN 2 instead of this thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post

Does her neck crack like a chicken bone?  Does she get just fucking violently broken?  It seems like pretty harsh material for what appears to be a very visually "light" movie.

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIISSSSSSE

It's pretty violent.

Again, insular of everything else, it's devastating and well done.

it doesn't actually work with the movie though.

I feel bad for Stacy's family, Parker has pretty much fucked them forever.

ASo long story short, it's exactly the undercooked, overstuffed burrito it looked like it was shaping up to be?

Yes

ADoes he catch Uncle Ben's killer or does he just stop giving a fuck?

(Space for spoiler-freedom......................................................)

No, he seems to barely give a shit about Uncle Ben, he is mentioned once by Aunt May. The first movie had Peter refuse to take responsibility for that death, instead it just fueled his revenge crusade, by the start of this one Parker has long since stopped caring at all.

These fucking guys.  Terrible writers but INCREDIBLE con men.

There's another weird thing about this picture.

I guess in response to the "grim, dark" tone of the first movie this time the tone is much lighter.

But the story is darker.

So you have the light-hearted tone for a sequel that is much darker.

And a dark tone for the comparatively lighter first movie.

It's all over the place, it's weird. It seems they are letting what's popular dictate the tone as opposed to what works for the story. When the first movie came about the most popular super-hero films were Nolan's bat pictures, so ASM had a dark tone.

But, now The Avengers series is quite popular so ASM2 has a tone more in line with that.

Exactly!  A movie where Gwen dies horribly is probably going to feel a bit weird where Peter is dancing around being all sassy.

AWhy do I have to wait another two weeks to be baffled by this movie?!

I have just one question for you Jokezilla, just one.

Please...

Tell me...

Is the magic blood thing for real?