Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saddest horror movie deaths?
AIn every horror movie there's a character who you synpathise with and don't want to die but eventually does. The characters that instantly pop up in my head are (spoilers to those who haven't seen these movies) Sergeant Howie in The Wicker Man, Franklin in Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Ed in Shaun Of The Dead, Ben in Night Of The Living Dead, Christie in Drag Me To Hell, and Ripley in Alien 3. So what are the deaths you cried at? Let me know!
ASpoon in Dog Soldiers.

Slighly aleviated by his final line.

In fact, most of the cast of Dog Soldiers. Except Ser Davos. He was a cunt.

"When my Kong dies, there will not be a dry eye in the house!"

See also: Pumkinhead, Godzilla (1954), the little flower girl and the monster in Frankenstein (1931), Father Karras, Bruce the Shark, the undead kid in Pet Sematary (even with narrative evil, the death of a child - especially at the hands of a dad - is sad), Audrey Rose.

AFranklin's death in "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" is sad? The guy's a complete asshole.
AAs corny as Armageddon is, the scene where Bruce Willis briefly imagines his daughter in her wedding dress before dying gets me every time.

But that's not a horror movie, I know. It's a little harder to pick one in this genre, isn't it? Maybe Fred Gwynne's death in Pet Sematary. Herman Munster didn't deserve to go out like that.

Godzilla in Godzilla vs. Destroyah. And what happens immediately after is "chills down the spine" inducing.

ABen in Night of the Living Dead!

Leatherface dying would have been more sad than Franklin..
AAll those cute English gals in "The Descent."

The first, and only, that comes to mind is Father Karras.

AThe cat in "Pet Sematary." Poor Church. :'(

Kelly Brook's character in Piranha 3D. And I'm dead serious. Besides looking like Kelly Brook she was also a nice person. She should have been the one to survive.

AThe inside-out baboon in "The Fly."

Also, Brudle-Fly.

;_;
AOmigod, how could I forget about Inside Out Dog in The Fly II? I swear, I must have blotted that out of memory to deal with the trauma.
AReal talk...Danielle Harris' death in Rob Zombie's Halloween II was pretty damn effective to me. And Brad Dourif's acting during that scene through the end of the movie is far better work than that shitty flick deserved..
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

The inside-out baboon in "The Fly."

Also, Brudle-Fly.

;_;

Brundlefly!  The fly who dreamed he was a man.  *sob*

No horror movie death can compare to this one. It's triggered an ocean of tears from movie fans over the last 80 years.

Poor guy just wasn't meant for this world. A true misfit.

Ben

King Kong

The Fly

And the Orangutan in Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disciple_72 View Post

Poor guy just wasn't meant for this world. A true misfit.

Oh, God... Poor Evil Ed.  Sad

Quote:

Originally Posted by cccc View Post

Ben

King Kong

The Fly

And the Orangutan in Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

The Orangutan!!! Sad  What an amazing movie.

Randy in Scream 2.

Not really horror, but:  Sally in BLOW OUT

Runner-up:  Ofelia in PAN'S LABYRINTH

Marge Jaws 2 She gets eaten after helping Sean get back on a boat.

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaz View Post

Marge Jaws 2 She gets eaten after helping Sean get back on a boat.

Holy shit.  This reminds me I didn't even think of Quint.  It's my favorite movie even.  Sonofa...

A[quote name="wd40" url="/community/t/150595/saddest-horror-movie-deaths#post_3704712"]
Holy shit.  This reminds me I didn't even think of Quint.  It's my favorite movie even.  Sonofa...
[/quote]
Quint's is so badass that it never struck me as sad. He's STABBING IT IN THE FACE as it's eating him!

Jaws is so wonderful and perfect..

True.  It's maybe more of a bummer than sad.

What happens to Quint feels like destiny. Only thing in Jaws that comes close to "sad" is when the cage breaks and you think Hooper is a goner.

Another:

That death, and Sutherland's primal reaction to it, perfectly sets up the nagging sense of melancholy that pervades the whole film.

AI think when Brody blows up the shark, Quint should come flying out and splash in the water next to Brody. Then he should say another dirty Limerick and we fade to black.
AI'm pretty sure that's how Mario Van Peebles survives in Jaws: The Revenge..
AIt is!

Kintner's death is the worst. And you get his mom slapping Brody in grief later.
AAnd to think people say that's the worst one.
AJacob Singer in Jacobs Ladder
Ophelia in Pan Labyrinth
Ben

Anthony Hopkins and Fats in Magic.  Sad

Adilla7,

Didn't see Jacob's Ladder, but thanks for spoiling it (not sarcasm) you just saved me 5 £!
ABradito,

Franklin isn't an asshole, he's just misunderstood.
A[quote name="yt" url="/community/t/150595/saddest-horror-movie-deaths#post_3704353"]
Oh, God... Poor Evil Ed.  Sad

The Orangutan!!! Sad  What an amazing movie.
[/quote]

It was a gorilla in ROTPOTA. The orangutan survived.