Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Film Critic Catch-All
(For Your Consideration)

The 2019 Jim Ridley Film Poll

Dedicated to late Scene editor and critic Jim Ridley, our poll asks critics, cinephiles and industry insiders about the year in film

https://www.nashvillescene.com/arts-cult...-film-poll

"Every year, we at the Scene poll a diverse assemblage of film fans, critics and experts about their favorite flicks of the year, and we present our findings in the Jim Ridley Film Poll — named for the Scene’s late, great editor and brilliant film writer. Below, find the top 25 films of the year according to some of the country’s sharpest film buffs, and read their responses to our questions."

"Got concrete rhymes, been rappin' for ten years and

Even when I'm braggin', I'm bein' sincere"

"Teenage angst has paid off well/ Now I'm bored and old"

"Drunk as hell, but no throwin' up

Half way home and my pager still blowin' up"

"I'm tired of living all alone
yeah, nobody ever calls me on the phone
But when things start getting bad
I just play my music louder"

(For Your Consideration)

A re-run, but an interesting conversation piece.

Every Oscar Best Picture Winner, Ranked

Consider this project part cathartic exorcism and part sheepish capitulation to the role the Oscars have played in our lives

https://www.slantmagazine.com/film/every...t-to-best/

"It’s a rare type of cinephile who wasn’t introduced to the idea of film as more than just idle entertainment by the ritual of the Academy Awards. And it’s an even rarer type of cinephile who didn’t soon thereafter vehemently reject the Oscar as the ultimate barometer of a film’s artistic worth. Those of us who started off with The Godfather, Schindler’s List, All About Eve, or Casablanca all eventually got around to Out of Africa, Around the World in 80 Days, The Greatest Show on Earth, Cimarron, and Cavalcade. First loves being first loves, we still find ourselves regressing if for only one night a year, succumbing to the allure of instant canonization even as it comes in the form of repeated slap-in-the-face reminders of Oscar’s bracing wrongness: Gladiator, Braveheart, Chicago, Crash. In that sense, consider this project part cathartic exorcism and part sheepish capitulation to the role the Oscars have played in our lives. If we had to sit through every one of these movies, the least you can allow us is the chance to show you our scars. "

Haha

I didn't watch much TV in HS, so I missed this.

"George Clooney is an undercover cop/Soundgarden roadie in the April 1990 ABC Saturday night drama, SUNSET BEAT. From the creators of '21 Jump Street'. Lasted one season."
 #Television #SaturdayMotivation

https://twitter.com/adsausage/status/121...7663581184

[Image: EOk8QUaUwAAuubk.jpg]