Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
His Dead Girlfriend Keeps Messaging Him on Facebook

http://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments..._facebook/

I'm sure there's some explanation (assuming it's true), but regardless, this gave me fucking chills.

There's a Nicolas Cage movie in this story somewhere.

I don't believe that's a ghost. I believe that's someone being a complete asshole and I hope karma comes back and punches their teeth out. What a terrible thing to do to someone in mourning.

No, it can't be some guy pranking him. It's probably a ghost or a demon.

Having read through a bunch of that reddit it feels like the victim is in on it. Don't forget we live in a world where catfish is a real thing people actually do. There was a guy who lied about his own son being in a balloon. This almost seems like viral marketing for another found footage ghost thing.

ADid anybody get to the part where somebody in the comments section posted a picture of the victim through his window sitting at his computer? So, I guess the person who's doing it to him is physically stalking him outside of his house? That's fucking creepy....fake or not..
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraid uh noman View Post

Did anybody get to the part where somebody in the comments section posted a picture of the victim through his window sitting at his computer? So, I guess the person who's doing it to him is physically stalking him outside of his house? That's fucking creepy....fake or not..

It's creepy and it's part of the reason I think it's fake. If you read the guy's comments he seems to be setting up a fight club situation where he is doing it and not remembering due to the trauma of her death but then posts a picture as a final twist that oh no he is being stalked! People on reddit have looked the girl up based on what they have and they can't find any record. They can't find her facebook page that is sending out the ghostly messages. And the guy seems to have dramatically dropped off as if dead. Then there is the other poster who seems to be either him or his friend helping the narrative.

AOh, no I read a great deal of it. I've no doubt it's just some guys concocting a scary scenario. But they came up with a pretty surprisingly entertaining scary scenario..

You guys really think someone would do that?  Just go on the internet and tell lies?  That's never happened before...

The story had me and my heart actually went out to the guy but yeah, reading more of it now (especially that photo taken of him from a distance) kinda gave it away that he's probably just fucking around to get a reaction.

If you're going to perpetrate a hoax, keep it simple.

AIt's in r/nosleep - isn't that stuff openly fictional?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Codename View Post

You guys really think someone would do that?  Just go on the internet and tell lies?  That's never happened before...

Well obviously and of course there is no ghost. I was just commenting on if if it was an outright hoax or was someone actually fucking with him under her name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul C View Post

It's in r/nosleep - isn't that stuff openly fictional?

As the OP in this thread...yeah. That's something I just found out this AM.

Apparently, the nosleep section accepts fiction and asks readers to treat it as fact.

I pretty assumed it was just someone fucking with him (albeit very effectively), but I'm now landing on it being complete fiction. Well done complete fiction, though. It's all over the web.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post

It's in r/nosleep - isn't that stuff openly fictional?

Yes!  I've seen this posted on various forums and I can't believe people don't know this is fictional.

But I will admit it's pretty damn awesome.  Really, really well done.  Kudos all around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post

Apparently, the nosleep section accepts fiction and asks readers to treat it as fact.

The internet is so weird.

There's some great stuff out there online for horror stories told with new media. Marble Hornets and the like. One of my favorite Chud articles ever was about some of the best of it. It was supposed to be ongoing, but well, it wasn't.

I'd like to see a thread dedicated to finding that stuff. Maybe if I get some time.

Speaking of witch I'm shocked that nobody has made Slenderman the horror movie.  Seems like such a high concept to do.  Even before the attempted murder by those idiots.

It's coming! Called, boringly, Entity.

ASlenderman strikes me as a prime example of just trying too hard to make something scary by simply declaring it to be scary. It's like a thing assembled out of pieces of every campfire story you've ever heard, but nobody put any thought into making all the pieces actually gel into something scary (let alone something primally terrifying like really good scary-stories.) Basically anything on the old ghostgoons site is a hundred times creepier.
Quote:

Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post

Slenderman strikes me as a prime example of just trying too hard to make something scary by simply declaring it to be scary. It's like a thing assembled out of pieces of every campfire story you've ever heard, but nobody put any thought into making all the pieces actually gel into something scary (let alone something primally terrifying like really good scary-stories.) Basically anything on the old ghostgoons site is a hundred times creepier.

Right?  I don't get it myself but kids are really drawn to it.

In the correct context, Slender man was terrifying in a primal way. He was just stranger danger with a bit of unknowable supernatural malevolence.  Marble Hornets, if you didn't know what it was, was really freaky, and he's literally just a guy in a suit there. Once it became a popular character and there was a video game, of course he got less scary and the generic nature of it all was revealed, but that's more an oversaturation thing. Same thing happened to Freddy.

ASorry, no. I was lurking around when the thing started, and it was just as underwhelming then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccc View Post

Speaking of witch I'm shocked that nobody has made Slenderman the horror movie.  Seems like such a high concept to do.  Even before the attempted murder by those idiots.

The last season of Supernatural had an episode based on Slenderman. One of the Ghostfacers photo shopped a faceless man into a picture and posted it online.

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
A[quote name="commodorejohn" url="/community/t/151133/his-dead-girlfriend-keeps-messaging-him-on-facebook#post_3743072"]Sorry, no. I was lurking around when the thing started, and it was just as underwhelming then.[/quote]

Nope, you're incorrect.
Quote:

Originally Posted by User_32 View Post

The internet is so weird.

Amen. Every time you think you've gotten a handle on how weird it is some new wrinkle of weird pops up.

AIt's just the internet version of telling ghost stories round the campfire.

To his credit its a good scary campfire story.

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.

Someone is going to hell for that.

Fuck . . . now I'm checking over my shoulder for sharks and facebook posts from the dead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turingmachine75 View Post

Fuck . . . now I'm checking over my shoulder for sharks and facebook posts from the dead.

And just wait for the facebook posts from sharks to start!

"Candygram."