Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AWOL Chewers
A[quote name="Nick Nunziata" url="/community/t/151415/awol-chewers/90#post_3768751"]A lot of this is my fault, so sorry.

My list is hundreds long. Makes me sad. Was thinking about all the Chewers I've met and hung with over the years and it was unanimously great, including with guys who apparently hate me now. Weird.

The Jake thing sucks because he misinterpreted a Tweet, not the Evil Dead tree rape joke incident. I saw the Bass Pro shop was doing this big gun sale right around the time the Newtown shootings happened and I was grossed out and said it was probably their "back to school" sale. Something that sickened me as a father of two. He thought I was cracking a joke and would not listen to reason.
[/quote]

Fun bit of trivia: Jake is my go to dogsitter. I'm seeing him this weekend and I'll tell him ya'll say "Hi."
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho View Post

FrankCobretti just got super busy if I remember right, pretty sure he's still a Chewer in his heart. Ripoll migrated to Facebook, and his podcast The Director's Club. You can get all the Patrick Ripoll you like in those two places but yeah, I'd like it if both those guys were around here more too.

Ripoll used to be our most enthusiastic reader and I miss his energy terribly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devildoubt View Post

Fun bit of trivia: Jake is my go to dogsitter. I'm seeing him this weekend and I'll tell him ya'll say "Hi."

Please do. I've FB messaged him a few times to no avail but that was truly a serious misunderstanding. My opinion on gun control is as left as left gets and that whole thing terrified me as my daughter enters the grade school years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Nunziata View Post

Ripoll used to be our most enthusiastic reader and I miss his energy terribly.

I miss Justin Clark the most.  He was intelligent and entertaining as hell.

AStew was a good guy.

He still is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post

I miss Justin Clark the most.  He was intelligent and entertaining as hell.

I'll miss you most of all xXCrowXx!

A[quote name="Nick Nunziata" url="/community/t/151415/awol-chewers/90#post_3769229"]He still is.
[/quote]

Is he on Facebook or did he change his CHUD name?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelouboyle View Post

Stew was a good guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Nunziata View Post

He still is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoubt View Post

Tell him that half of America has seemingly arrived in Wales and he is welcome to join them. I can put him up, the POTUS is staying in my guest room.

In fact you can all come. We'll play Cards Against Humanity and Hansonopoly*

*I swear to God I actually own Hansonopoly.

Bumping:

Anyone been able to get in touch with Art Decade or TzuDohNim?

AUnfortunately, no. I PM'd Tzu as well a while back and haven't gotten a reply.

Not that I thought that I would after you and Michael didn't either....just felt like sending one anyway..

Not sure why Art's left the site but he's fine. Still posting on FB. Hopefully, like him, Tzu's just decided to give the forum a break.

I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
A[quote name="Evi" url="/community/t/151415/awol-chewers/90#post_3774503"]Not sure why Art's left the site but he's fine. Still posting on FB. Hopefully, like him, Tzu's just decided to give the forum a break.
[/quote]
Yeah, I remember you saying that a while back and I should have acknowledged it in my last post.

I wish he was still posting but really, just glad to know he's ok first and foremost..

Still alive and kicking, folks.  Thanks for thinking of me.  Meatspace coupled with Robin Williams death just brought me to my knees and I checked out for a few weeks here, there and everywhere.  Climbing back on the horse via the good drugs and making another run at jousting my demons away.

AI just found the leaked celebrity nudes. The [quote name="TzuDohNihm" url="/community/t/151415/awol-chewers/100#post_3774551"]Still alive and kicking, folks.  Thanks for thinking of me.  Meatspace coupled with Robin Williams death just brought me to my knees and I checked out for a few weeks here, there and everywhere.  Climbing back on the horse via the good drugs and making another run at jousting my demons away.
[/quote]

Vivid imagery.

I miss some of the old B-Thread regulars. Lima Oscar Lima, Mr. Falcon, and the guy who started the thread, Chris Wood. He just seemed to up and disappear. One day he's posting regularly, then the next, he wasn't. Hope they're all ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rene (Mr.Eko) View Post

Lima Oscar Lima

Yeah, about him:

1. He was banned.

2. Without getting into too much detail, even if he wasn't banned his posts on here are probably the last time you'll ever hear from him. And not because he's dead (well, as far as I know he isn't dead).

A[quote name="Michael Shaver" url="/community/t/151415/awol-chewers/120#post_3774749"]
Yeah, about him:

1. He was banned.

2. Without getting into too much detail, even if he wasn't banned his posts on here are probably the last time you'll ever hear from him. And not because he's dead (well, as far as I know he isn't dead).
[/quote]

Dude was a weird one.
ABeen so long I don't even remember his banning. Although now that you mention it, I do remember there being a lot of noise made when he left. He was always a a fine contributor to the thread, but we generally have no conflict in there. The closest has been when MegaManRising was a member of the forums and would go in there and start stuff with people who's opinions he didn't agree with, and I remember his banning.

Back on topic, Kain424, Dragon Ma, James May, and CaptainZahn were also stand up guys. Glad I'm Facebook friends with them. Their posting here is sorely missed.
AAurora Vampiris hasn't been around for a while. Didn't he/she coin the term "pulling a Bradito?"

Yeah, I miss Aurora. I think she did a lot of posting when she was in the US but went quiet after moving back to the UK. Maybe she doesn't have the same amount of web access or perhaps her studies in the UK have curtailed posting here.  Come back Aurora!

Wait didn't she mention India?  I thought she said India or something.

I thought Aurora was from the UAE and a dude...

AI was never sure what Aurora's gender was, to be honest...and I tried my damnedest to figure it out but I never could. There'd be a post one day where I'd be like "ok, yep...guy" and then the next day my impression would be "ok, nope...girl". I'm sure there's a post somewhere where Aurora says something that makes it crystal clear but I never saw it. Sweet and funny person though, whose posts I miss.

I didn't ever mention Aurora in this thread before though because I got the impression that he/she just decided to leave one day and not that anything was wrong. With Art and Tzu it was different....things were said that made me need to know that they were ok and I'm very thankful that they are..

What if...Aurora was Princess Hartford...

A[quote name="Codename" url="/community/t/151415/awol-chewers/120#post_3774834"]What if...Aurora was Princess Hartford...

[/quote]
Look man, I don't know about where YOU are....but it's night time here...so I'd appreciate it if you would NOT say things that are gonna make me run through the house turning all the lights on. Because now I'm certain I'm about to look up at a window and see that last frame of "Angela" from Sleepaway Camp staring back at me..

Aurora was quite happy for people not to think of them as either male or female, I think. They were cool. Like so many people around here, they just got fed up with the place and moved on.

I guess you either have to possess Schwartz-like willpower or be cursed with Freeman-like insanity to stay around here after a few thousand posts. Either that or there's a serial killer picking off Chewers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post
Either that or there's a serial killer picking off Chewers.

Well, if anyone's a major suspect.....

AMovies don't make psychos Saxon. Movies make psychos more creative.

Billy and Stu. A much more fitting double act for you and Shaun to emulate.

We're not connected at the hip.  Also yes, Aurora was a confirmed she.  According to her, anyway.

Yeah, Aurora identified as a woman. And yeah, she's cool.