Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dungeons & Dragons: 5th Edition (or "Sorry we fucked up with 4th" Edition)
You know you want to!
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
If you don't make a character, I'll have to make an NPC version of Bart for the guild...
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
I'm on the West coast, which tends to make scheduling tricky. But I'm also presently underemployed, so my availability is wide open!
Sneak peak (I'm James Franco):

"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
My exotic internationalness means I can't commit to a regular thing like this but I'll tune in on Discord and spectate whenever my schedule does line up with a session. I'll spectate like the wind.
Hello, old D&D thread. Schwartz and myself just recorded a podcast about this, mostly regarding old school D&D. 

It was fun.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
oh cool, can't wait to hear this.

Of note: if anyone wants to play AD&D, give this a go:
https://necroticgnome.com/collections/ol...essentials

We gave this a try for a one off adventure and had a blast. We're going to move forward with 5th edition (we're moving up from 3.5) but we may have one off sessions with our AD&D characters.
I grew up on 1st Edition AD&D, and in fact played it until 2014.

Once I started with 5E, no looking back, baby.

ETA: JB: one of the beauties of 5E is that it's eminently adaptable. It would be very, very easy to introduce some house rules to give a 5E campaign a more old school feel.

(E.g., institute racial class limitations, de-nerf the healing rules, limit the races available for player characters. All of this could be done while essentially leaving the core rules engine intact, leaving bounded accuracy in place.)
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Terrific listen. Bright and pleasant. Gygax was an actuary by trade, iirc. The random nature of life was reflected in those early editions of the game.

Been gaming on Roll20 for several months, it's been great during covid. Glad to hear that some folks here have grouped up to game. Hope everyone is finding games of their own.

That means a lot coming from you. Thank you.

This episode started a chain reaction that is leading to me giving D&D another shot, in a limited, zoom-based way.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN