Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC Cinematic Universe Discussion
Salt water DOES NOT affect hair like that.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
With SALT water! He needs to condition!
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

it had to be done

let's move on then

[Image: DiPYuONUYAA-B-o.jpg]
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Do one that's the Jaws poster, but swap out the shark with Aquaman.
ok!

Beautiful.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
Amazing, Nooj.

Oh and why is the tag line to Aquaman “Home is Calling”?

Is the call coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE, WAN?????

I recall from justice league that Aquaman wasn't really hanging around home much. Something to do with his origin? I would assume that "home is calling" means that he'll have to go back to stop some threat.

Is this movie supposed to be an origin story that takes place before Justice League?
(Yesterday, 04:23 PM)Nooj Wrote: I recall from justice league that Aquaman wasn't really hanging around home much. Something to do with his origin?  I would assume that "home is calling" means that he'll have to go back to stop some threat.

Is this movie supposed to be an origin story that takes place before Justice League?

They're book-ending it.  Tom Holland will play a young Aquaman in the flashback scenes.
[Image: latest?cb=20130405010724]
can't wait

so excited
Are you actually though?
where am I?
I feel like your excitement for an Aquaman movie is insincere.
I was responding to overlord's idea

not the actual movie
I suspected as much! I refuse to believe anyone in the world is truly "excited" for this.
YOU WILL BELIEVE A MAN CAN SWIM

Yeah, doesn't quite have the same ring to it...
Gamertag: Tweakee
(Today, 02:34 AM)freeman Wrote: I suspected as much!  I refuse to believe anyone in the world is truly "excited" for this.

I am. 

And yes, Aquaman's origins is that he was left by his mother, Queen Atlanna (Kidman) on the doorstep of a his human father. So he was raised as human and spent most of his life away from Atlantis. His abandonment and mommy issues will probably inform a large part of his arc here. So the tagline 'Home is calling' implies he'll be forced to get neck deep in Atlantean politics and make peace with his heritage. 

Also, here's a SDCC poster complete with goofy helmets galore!

[Image: csgckn3y8ja11.jpg]
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
Like, ACTUALLY excited?
Yes.

James Wan is a fantastic director. I like Aquaman as a character and I like Momoa as a performer. I am really looking forward to this.
How could you not be excited?
YOU WILL BELIEVE A MAN CAN WEAR A HAT UNDERWATER

We're getting closer...

In all seriousness, I'm more interested in this than another Batman or Superman film. Or a (shudder) Joker film.

My favorite superhero films of the last five years are Logan, Guardians, and Thor:Ragnarok. Two of those I had zero interest in before the trailers hit.

Plus, I have a soft spot for Dolph Lundgren, and Momoa seems amiable enough. Not sure if he can anchor a film, though, and the supporting cast isn't likely to help him out the way Pine did for Gadot in Wonder Woman.

Still, if it's half-decent, it'll probably be the second-best film of this shared universe, so woo!
Gamertag: Tweakee
It also has crab people in it.

All movies are improved by the presence of crab people.

That's just science.
Looks like in Shazam!, Billy's friend with the crutch is a mega Superman fan: http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/07/18/shaza...-sandberg/

[Image: DiVj7n3UEAAeJa-?format=jpg&name=small]

This actually has me pretty excited. The idea of Billy being a kid in a world where there's been a Superman for (if it's in real time) six years and is inspired by him is very, very cool. Would also go a long way toward caring and repairing Superman as a character, laying the ground work for a Superman sequel.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
Kidman and Dolph look good. Not sure about the goof in the silver helmet though.
This all depends on the trailer, specifically how the underwater stuff looks.

Can't believe they didn't give Dafoe a skullet. If there was ever a time to be a slave to the comics...
(Today, 07:00 AM)Codename Wrote: It also has crab people in it.

All movies are improved by the presence of crab people.

That's just science.

This movie will be like SO BAD. Even if it's incredible and perfect.

SO

BAD
At the very least, I think it'll be better than Venom!
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

(11 hours ago)Munson Wrote: This all depends on the trailer, specifically how the underwater stuff looks.

Can't believe they didn't give Dafoe a skullet. If there was ever a time to be a slave to the comics...
Imagine Dafoe in this getup!

[Image: t29ZzTN.png]
Shaun gets it.

Glorious Dolph Lundgren confirmed we're getting an Aquaman trailer as
Breaks my damn heart.

I can only hope he shows up after a fight scene and screams "THERE WAS A WATERFIGHT"
So now WB is being criticized for using stock photos of Sharks on the Aquaman poster.

Like...of all the things you are going to ridicule them for...you pick that?
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
Is that Willem Dafoe in the poster!

The movie may be good, it may be bad (I suspect the former), but the casting coordinator gets an honorary Academy Award.