Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC Cinematic Universe Discussion
(10-09-2018, 02:42 PM)Neil Spurn Wrote: Ooof.  What a waste of James Gunn.

Kind of silly thinking, considering Suicide Squad tried to ape Gunn's style in the first place. If anything, he'll provide the ideal version of what WB/audiences wanted to begin with.
(10-09-2018, 02:53 PM)shaunh Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 02:42 PM)Neil Spurn Wrote: Ooof.  What a waste of James Gunn.

Kind of silly thinking, considering Suicide Squad tried to ape Gunn's style in the first place. If anything, he'll provide the ideal version of what WB/audiences wanted to begin with.

Is that what it was trying to do?  I mean, yeah, I get that.  

But then it failed miserably.  And I don't why Gunn would sign on for a sequel in which the original was a pale, lacking imitation of his work.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

Probably the only thing to get me interested in Suicide Squad 2.
(10-09-2018, 02:36 PM)Dent6084 Wrote: James Gunn is in talks to write and potentially direct Suicide Squad 2.

https://www.thewrap.com/welcome/2700762/...2-for-dc~/

God damn it now I have to see this.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Obvious choice. Hopefully it's rated R this time.
THR reporting it will not be a sequel, he will have a brand new take on it perhaps with a new cast.
100% on board now.
I'm guessing Harley gets the boot since she's in Birds of Prey not and Gunn gets free reign to do his own version.

I'm very interested to see how the anti-Marvel far right trolls who got Gunn ousted for being a SJW feel about him jumping into their 'beloved' DCEU.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
Noooo I need closure with latino fire guy! Boycott right boys????
It's not like Suicide Squad left people wanting more. It made mega-bucks off its concept and marketing campaign. The fact that they still haven't moved forward on a sequel two years on is telling as Hell.

If Gunn wants to play within the DCEU (or whatever the fuck it is nowadays), let him do so with his own set of toys just as he did with Guardians of the Galaxy instead of taking over someone else's damaged goods.

The real ending to Big...
(10-09-2018, 03:10 PM)serpico jones Wrote: THR reporting it will not be a sequel, he will have a brand new take on it perhaps with a new cast.

(10-09-2018, 03:19 PM)superlaser Wrote: I'm very interested to see how the anti-Marvel far right trolls who got Gunn ousted for being a SJW feel about him jumping into their 'beloved' DCEU.

This is actually quite the poetic justice when you think about it.
(10-09-2018, 03:10 PM)serpico jones Wrote: THR reporting it will not be a sequel, he will have a brand new take on it perhaps with a new cast.

Ohh good.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Gunn has the chops to take this in a great dark comedy direction or go for a 'Superior Foes of Spider-Man' vibe with a gang of lovable-ish low rent psychos.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
Wonder who Gunn could get to play Lobo...
(10-09-2018, 03:10 PM)serpico jones Wrote: THR reporting it will not be a sequel, he will have a brand new take on it perhaps with a new cast.

(10-09-2018, 03:12 PM)bradito Wrote: 100% on board now.
I support everything about this.

Go back to the drawing board with the Ostrander run from the '80s.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
Given that one thing Gunn repeatedly did on his Twitter was talk about how much of a creep Jared Leto is, guessing we're not going to see a certain "Damaged" Clown Prince of Crime return here.
In an interesting turn of events, Gavin O'Connor had apparently already been long gone from the project due to his ideas being too similar to Birds of Prey: https://heroichollywood.com/suicide-squa...n-oconnor/

So I guess Gunn would be conceiving Suicide Squad 2 from scratch.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
I do hope they find a way to keep Will Smith on board. He was the other bright spot next to Robbie.

If nothing else, this is going to have a fantastic soundtrack.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
don't think I even knew O'Connor was on the sequel initially
Of course this being WB, they can only afford the rights to REO Speedwagon's extensive catalog for Gunn.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.