Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My cousin thinks humans lived with dinosaurs.
A'Big Bang' was originally used as a slight by . . . Hoyle? If I remember correctly.

So, Russell Crowe was right then?

AWhen hasn't Russell Crowe been right?

While Pope Francis is a big improvement over his predecessor, I'm not going to give me too much credit for admitting evolution is real. Its been a fact for awhile now.

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.

The sad thing is, that will probably make most conservative nutbags go 'that liberal commie pope don't know nothing'

I have an... acquaintence who believes in this stuff. He often shares updates from The Christian News Network's Facebook page. The comments meltdown on this partticular story's FB post is worth a look.

A[quote name="Chaz" url="/community/t/151857/my-cousin-thinks-humans-lived-with-dinosaurs#post_3795422"]While Pope Francis is a big improvement over his predecessor, I'm not going to give me too much credit for admitting evolution is real. Its been a fact for awhile now.
[/quote]

Hadn't John Paul II already stated that evolution was compatable with Catholicism?
AHe might have, but I thought Pope Benedict later tried to roll that back somewhat.

Since the Pope is all the way out there in European Italy, school districts in the south get to keep on denying evolution, right?

The South not being particularly Catholic, I'd imagine they will.

AI live in south Texas, and after this story came out my Facebook was nothing but people mad at the pope. Some even called him a false prophet, and said he should be kicked out of the Catholic church.

Wait...I'm confused. Did people live with dinosaurs or did they never exist?

The line between parody and complete idiocy is so fucking thin here....

I'd be tempted to say this is some sort of 'performance art' by an aspiring actor...but in a post-Sarah Palin world, I'm not so sure.

She is proof that the truly ignorant people think they're smarter than everybody else. She has other videos by the way; she really believes this.

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
AWhat is she saying there? There were no dinosaurs? Someone dreamed up a dinosaur and everyone is... oh I cant even be bothered.

What amuses me about that is that she obviously read what a fossil was and then rather than reading the rest of the article/book she immediately took the internet to share her insane spackle analogy.
AJust noticed the Youtube channel is called Christians Against Dinosaurs.

It seems that she believes that first paleontologists made up dinosaurs, then made fossils from limestone to prove they existed so they could make millions of dollars.

AShe has big cans.

But her brain, much like the dinosaurs she doesn't believe existed, is the size of a peanut.

AWell that's just sad. I mean, if you're going to disagree with general scientific consensus, at least go the cool route and believe in cavemen and dinosaurs coexisting. Then at least an Alley Oop scenario is a possibility. Not having dinosaurs at all is just lame.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike's Pants View Post

Just noticed the Youtube channel is called Christians Against Dinosaurs.

Now that's a Jurassic Park spinoff I'd pay to see!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike's Pants View Post

Just noticed the Youtube channel is called Christians Against Dinosaurs.

Well if we are taking bets I would bet on dinosaurs although.......are all the big Christians there like Moses and Jesus? Because they do actually have powers. I mean a T-Rex is a motherfucker but if it gets hit by lightning or consumed by a flood it's going down.

Ehh I just looked through the youtube channel it has to be fake. This video is kind of great.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/creat...sts-there/

OK, it's not about dinosaurs...but it is equally nutty...

(I didn't feel it needed it's own thread)

Nebraska Woman Sues All 'Homosexuals' In Federal Court, Because Jesus (Literally)

AWritten on notebook paper.
A[quote name="VTRan" url="/community/t/151857/my-cousin-thinks-humans-lived-with-dinosaurs/50#post_3883380"]OK, it's not about dinosaurs...but it is equally nutty...
(I didn't feel it needed it's own thread)[/quote]
Apparently it didn't even need the thread it was already posted in.
ANow, now. I really went back and forth over where to post the story yesterday, myself.
Quote:

Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post

Apparently it didn't even need the thread it was already posted in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reasor View Post

Now, now. I really went back and forth over where to post the story yesterday, myself.

Comedy/religion/politics....the lines between them are so blurred as to be invisible.

Greg Gianforte, a possible Republican challenger to Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, has some interesting things to say about retirement:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/09...36568.html

Quote:

"There's nothing in the Bible that talks about retirement. And yet it's been an accepted concept in our culture today," he said. "Nowhere does it say, 'Well, he was a good and faithful servant, so he went to the beach.' It doesn't say that anywhere."

"The example I think of is Noah," he continued. "How old was Noah when he built the ark? 600. He wasn't like, cashing Social Security checks, he wasn't hanging out, he was working. So, I think we have an obligation to work. The role we have in work may change over time, but the concept of retirement is not biblical."

Noah did get drunk off his ass and expose himself, so there's that.

AYes, definitely run on the "work every day until you die because Noah" platform and see how far that gets you with elderly voters.

Yeah, but didn't God rest on the 7th day after creating the earth?

THAT LAZY FUCKING BUM!!!

Spoken like a politician working a desk job. Try spending 20, 30, 40 years in a factory job standing on concrete floors for eight hours at a time. These people have no clue how physical labor jobs can take a toll on a body.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

""How old was Noah when he built the ark? 600."

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

ANoah had help from rock monsters, though.