Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JOHN WICK (2014) - AW YEA JAWNWIKK!!!! Discussion

Because Nyqvist killed Friend Dafoe.

Just time to get it done and over with.  That's essentially how the last bit of the movie feels in its text.

you'll pay agent...

I liked Ms. Perkins!!!

home taping is killing music

I liked how Perkins' plot was cut short.

BY THINE OWN HAND...

A[quote name="mcnooj82" url="/community/t/151969/john-wick-2014-aw-yea-jawnwikk-discussion/240#post_4233080"]I liked how Perkins' plot was cut short.

BY THINE OWN HAND...
[/quote]
Sure. The beat isn't bad (which is more than can be said for Palicki's performance). But it's such a perfunctory scene!

Nothing incentive either in writing or staging. It needed some sting.

I liked Ms Perkins but not the way they undercut any shrewdness her character might have had by having her stupidly ignore the hotel's rules and then get taken out like a chump.

I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentsands77 View Post

Sure. The beat isn't bad (which is more than can be said for Palicki's performance). But it's such a perfunctory scene!

Nothing incentive either in writing or staging. It needed some sting.

it's fine

it was fine

IT'S ALL FINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post

I liked Ms Perkins but not the way they undercut any shrewdness her character might have had by having her stupidly ignore the hotel's rules and then get taken out like a chump.

"hmm!  a call from the continental!  I wonder if I've been made a preferred member!"

(whistles on her way to the meeting place)

do-do-doooooo

AFINE is a bit of a comedown from that awesome club shootout

I agree it was a comedown.  The whole final quarter of the movie is.

I just said I liked that beat.  I think the first time I saw the movie, I expected them to have another fight at the end.  I liked that beat because it went against my expectation.

AThat's fair.

I just would have liked something with a bit more oompf so that the scene itself accentuated the narrative surprise.

I liked the casualness of it.

I thought McShane's flowery announcement of her fate brought some oomph.

AI like all of Wick. Not overstaying it's welcome.

Looking forward to 2!
AYeah, but that Perkins scene sets up a great fucking scene in part two. So, retroactively solved!
A[quote name="mcnooj82" url="/community/t/151969/john-wick-2014-aw-yea-jawnwikk-discussion/240#post_4233099"]I liked the casualness of it.

I thought McShane's flowery announcement of her fate brought some oomph.
[/quote]
NO!

It gave me an ellipsis when I wanted an exclamation mark!
A[quote name="Arjen Rudd" url="/community/t/151969/john-wick-2014-aw-yea-jawnwikk-discussion/240#post_4233105"]Yeah, but that Perkins scene sets up a great fucking scene in part two. So, retroactively solved![/quote]
I'll have to take your word for it (for now)!
AI slept on this one for a long time, for the silly reason that I'm a huge softy for dogs (yes, I have Does The Dog Die .com on bookmark). But I figured universal acclaim and an entire movie's worth of dog killers getting their comeuppance would get me through.

What a ride! It had me worried for a minute when it almost changed into Wanted (the personal revenge angle was way more interesting to me than the assassin's guild bits) but it all worked out.

Reeves is amazing in it. The way John reluctantly embraces who he used to be and then just says fuck it and throws all his emotional labour to the winds is great character work. I love that the movie wasn't afraid to give him a hint of assholishness from the get go (like having him be equally mad about car and dog) so that it's no surprise when he decides he's "back" and goes full on murder machine.
AOh youll love 2.