Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Izombie
Quote:

Originally Posted by smugbug View Post

Shit. I can't believe I'm not watching this now, but...life has gotten in the way.

Netflix!

The kids at work are all bingers. Week-by-week is too slow but waiting months for the full series is fine. I don't get it.

Don't judge me:

Please please please have Major become addicted to Wrestler Brain.

Oh yeah and of course the manufacturer's stamp on the incinerator was "Dutch", making it a... dutch oven.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
U-Freight-Eze!

Oh and McIver getting to use her real accent. Is this the second time?
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
As someone with a similar distaste for "getting out there", I felt really bad for Clive and his dating misadventure.
Welp, that sure was season 4. I'm glad the show got renewed but this all felt like they were racing to cram in everything they wanted to do. Great work from the cast, and some clever and timely bits of satire. I felt, though, that the characters all got marooned in their own plotlines, with little to no interaction. And also that some of the things the show wanted to do lacked proper on-screen justification. Broader, deeper "on a new brain" performances? Fine, but establish that the 'blue brain' process is responsible or something.

And am I the only one who felt that Liv's adventure as Renegade wasn't very well thought out? There was a lot of talk about how turning more zombies makes the food-supply situation worse, and the show never really mounted a compelling argument against that.

At least the tables have been cleared considerably now. Sorry, Levon, nobody cared about you.
If Damian Scott and Liv Moore had sex, who would survive and what would be left of them?

Yeah, felt like weaker material than usual. The writing, acting, et al were still good, but the Brother Love stuff felt like it was off in its own little world from the Chase Graves stuff, and Liv's Renegade activities never sat right with me--it seems like she became Renegade to get humans and zombies to live in peace, but then all that accomplished was to get her off the hook for... being Renegade.

Maybe working towards a series finale will right the ship and let them finish strong.
I'm still avian.
I wonder if they were going somewhere different with Brother Love and course corrected after Knepper got caught up in Me Too.
(05-30-2018, 01:08 PM)thecooleravian Wrote: If Damian Scott and Liv Moore had sex, who would survive and what would be left of them?

This is the crossover I never knew I needed. But Liv would totally go for Winchester instead.