Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visiting L.A. in a couple of weeks
ABrad's a good guy. He's just as cool in real life as he is on here. You never know what's gonna happen when you meet someone 'for real', so I'm happy to assure everyone that Bradito is the goods. If you get the chance to hang with the legend, do it.

Turingmachine: you were missed. We were both looking forward to meeting you tonight. Hope everything is ok!
AI wore my Godzilla T-shirt, and you missed it, Turing!

Pics or it didn't happen...

AWait... Was this evening all a dream?

ASo... how was Spearmint Rhinoceros?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

Wait... Was this evening all a dream?

AMan, I hope Turing's not still stuck in traffic on his way to DTLA.
ATonight, I get to meet another thread legend, McNooj, in the flesh!

I hope he isn't disappointed that I don't look like Hot Rod IRL.

Will turingmachine show up this time?

AHe better!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

Tonight, I get to meet another thread legend, McNooj, in the flesh!

I hope he isn't disappointed that I don't look like Hot Rod IRL.

Aww, man... this should be in the Dating Thread.

A[quote name="Judas Booth" url="/community/t/153535/visiting-l-a-in-a-couple-of-weeks#post_4025208"]Will turingmachine show up this time?
[/quote]

No can do. Tonight is my wife and I's anniversary.
ACongrats! How many years of bad grammar are you celebrating?
AI LOL'd, but OUCH!
AEight.

Photographic evidence of this fabled Nooj / Brad meeting or it didn't take place.

I have enough trouble believing Nooj is a real person as it is.

If I recall correctly, Nooj is on the left...

Both of the people in that photograph look far too three dimensional. I always think of Nooj as a member of Toontown.

There will BE no photos!

Brad and me is...  just for me.

AOh, man. My Uber driver who took me to the bar was completely ignoring his GPS. I thought I was being kidnapped.
AWould've been even creepier if I started ignoring your navigation back home!
AAny good LA eats?

Taking the whole damn fam this coming week between Xmas and New Years, and hoping for some good local food recommendations. We did the whole tourist thing last time, but this time we are just going to be hanging around the newish indoor water park in Anaheim, with a couple trips to dip our toes in the ocean as well. So we are willing to drive across LA if it’s someplace worth it.

Hoping for maybe a good bbq place, an Italian and/or pizza place, and possibly some other different type of food place that you guys can recommend. Appreciate the help, especially since about 10 years ago my oldest asked if we could eat at TGIFs when we were in Times Square NYC. It did not happen, but I always need a good plan just to make sure it never comes close to happening again.
AThe McRib is back.
A[quote name="Bradito" url="/community/t/153535/visiting-l-a-in-a-couple-of-weeks/50#post_4433155"]The McRib is back.[/quote]

Not helpful Sad
AIs there anybody out there...?

┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻| _
┻┳| •.•)
┳┻|⊂ノ
┻┳|

Oh, by the way, which one’s Pink?

I haven't been, but for barbecue The Hungry Pig in Silverlake is supposed to be pretty good.

Also recommend Cole's in Downtown LA for french dip sandwiches. Maybe Clifton's, it's a bit of an experience for the kids (go for lunch. Dinner is when the bar crowd starts to show up, so less kid friendly).

Also if you're gonna drive up to the La Brea area Top Round is a real good fast food roast beef sandwich place.

Also also: Cassell's Hamburgers in Koreatown. David Chang considers it the best patty melt ever.

I am not aware of any classic BBQ spots in LA though there must be some.  The ones I am aware of are pretty generic, like the one at Fox Hills mall or Baby Blues in Venice.

But LA is full of alternatives whether you want them or not.  Korean BBQ is a different thing altogether.  As is Mongolian.

and theres pretty much any kind of food you might want, most of which has a spicy option.

I used to take people visiting me to Canter's Deli on Fairfax, to witness my pastrami reuben fandom.  Also a big fan of Versailles cuban food, lemon-garlic-onions chicken with black beans, rice and plantains.

If you feel like going downtown, there's a great unique place called baco mercat.

Local fixture - Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles

AThere's a great BBQ place in South Pasadena called Gus's. Lucille's in Long Beach is also excellent.