Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smugbug Art
AStop in at Sacramento on the way there or back, I can take you to where the good wine is.
A[quote name="smugbug" url="/community/t/153553/smugbug-art/50#post_4083762"]A sci fi piece I had done for my portfolio. I recently made some tweaks....

"Ancient Civilization"

[/quote]

This is cool as heck.

Anton Yelchin (RIP), is completed.

You know what I'm thinking of doing now? Portraits. Even, tribute portraits for other folks. Of beloved pets, too.  Here is one page of studies done for a commission of a tribute portrait of a recently departed, wonderful beagle named Bluebell.

The latest from Block 15 Brewing Co. And just in time for July 4 festivities.  I'm damn proud of this one; which I had done last year. It looks fabulous on a can!

Morning sketch/warm up.

'haw...  a warm-up....

I'll be posting some sketches soonish. There is an announcement I need to make, but can't make right now. If that makes any sense. I've been told that mums the word until next FRIDAY when the OFFICIAL announcement is made.  And its a big thing for me and my art.

Another thing I'm doing right now is updating/modifying my website and I'm going to begin including my training regimen/routine in my blog. I'm an artist/athlete and feel its time I celebrate both on my website.

Anywhoos, later I'll post the sketches! Until then, have a great rest of your day!

AWell that sounds indeterminately rad. Vague congratulations!
Quote:

Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post

Well that sounds indeterminately rad. Vague congratulations!

Just vaguely announcing now, but be ready when the official announcement is made. And by "ready", I mean be ready to spend $ at the newsstand and online.

How does the monthly original art option on your Patreon work? What might one get, hypothetically speaking?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan View Post

How does the monthly original art option on your Patreon work? What might one get, hypothetically speaking?

A sketch in graphite or watercolor or a 8x10 original piece in either graphite, color pencil or watercolor.

HEY! Due to a upcoming announcement about my work, I've decided I need to go to SDCC this year. As this is very last minute, the con is in two weeks, and am in the middle of making travel arrangements, I do need a hotel room. Rather, to find someone who has room to spare for me, a wee Chinese gal.

I'll only need it for the moments when I am absolutely in need of sleep (which won't be often).

If anyone knows of anyone, please have them contact me via email.  creativesmugbug @ mac dot com

ATry Airbnb. I'm a host... But in Brooklyn.
Quote:

Originally Posted by neil spurn View Post

Try Airbnb. I'm a host... But in Brooklyn.

At this point, Airbnbs in San Diego will either be booked or cost an arm, leg and a kidney.  So, I'm looking for floor space and will pay for it!

Quote:

Also, if you do become a Patron, please let me know you're a fellow Chewer! I'll send you something extra immediately (that means, you'll need to provide me with a mailing address).

Morning studies.

Streaming Carpool Karaoke with James Corden while working on...work. Like this one. New beer label art in progress.

Early morning study. I'll take this to finish, but later, have much work to do, today!

I like the shading in that one a lot.  Very atmospheric.

AFor some reason the style is reminding me of the portrait in "Manos" The Hands Of Fate. I dig it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post

I like the shading in that one a lot.  Very atmospheric.

Pretty sure the ref photo I have had the color saturation tweaked, but I loved it. Such warm tones. Really think it adds to the mood of this scene.  And thank you!

Quote:

For some reason the style is reminding me of the portrait in "Manos" The Hands Of Fate. I dig it.

I need to check that out! Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by smugbug View Post

Pretty sure the ref photo I have had the color saturation tweaked, but I loved it. Such warm tones. Really think it adds to the mood of this scene.  And thank you!

I need to check that out! Thanks!

For the briefest, terrifying moment, I thought you meant check out the movie.

Quote:

For the briefest, terrifying moment, I thought you meant check out the movie.

Hahaha, that'd be cray cray. "I love this movie but I NEED TO CHECK IT OUT"

Quote:

Hahaha, that'd be cray cray. "I love this movie but I NEED TO CHECK IT OUT"

Well, I was just thinking the mere act of ever watching it because I hear it's pretty bad. On the other hand, apparently Quentin Tarantino has a copy of the film print, so make of that what you will.

AIf you're gonna watch it, do it with MST3K.
Quote:

Well, I was just thinking the mere act of ever watching it because I hear it's pretty bad. On the other hand, apparently Quentin Tarantino has a copy of the film print, so make of that what you will.

Why do I get the feeling that QT has a film print of A LOT of both good and really bad movies.

Quote:

If you're gonna watch it, do it with MST3K.

Noted.

Its around 1-2 AM and time to take a break from work and what do I do? Sketch up a portrait of Debbie Harry.

Morning sketch.

Quote:

Its around 1-2 AM and time to take a break from work and what do I do? Sketch up a portrait of Debbie Harry.

Fantastic work on the hair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post

Fantastic work on the hair.

Thank you!

Quote:

Thank you!

How long do these take you? It sounds like you're able to create one of these in record time from how you're describing them?

Impressive at any speed.

Quote:

How long do these take you? It sounds like you're able to create one of these in record time from how you're describing them?

Impressive at any speed.

Studies are anywhere from 1-3 hours. Debbie Harry was under three.  As long as I'm having fun and not getting all worked up with self-doubts and hatred at my lack of talent and skill, I can merrily paint in a decent speed.

ETA: Sketches are generally an hour or less.

Quote:

self-doubts and hatred at my lack of talent and skill

Yeah, let's just nip that whole 'self doubt' thing right in the bud.  You've got the goods.