Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fallout 4
ATwo things that I'm looking for. The Boston children's museum full of feral kids, and douchey Quincy Super mutants.
ACheeky little Easter egg in the old game?

2015 to Boston....

[IMG ALT=""]http://www.chud.com/community/content/type/61/id/207185/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]

Kind of a lackluster debut video, if you ask me.

So the reddit leaker from last year seems to have been vindicated, in large part because of the main character now having VO.

Whatever. Tell me more about this:

Quote:

PC version includes a "Classic Mode" that will feature a bird's-eye view like the original titles

I'll be much more forgiving of Bethesda's piss poor character animations IF I CAN SEE IT ALL FROM UP ON HIGH.

I mean, at that point we would just be pointing and clicking and taking aimed shots in VATS, right? THE WAY IT SHOULD HAVE ALWAYS BEEN??

Making the protagonist only male makes no sense.  It's very much unlike Bethesda to backtrack on character creation like that.

In all likelihood that ex-dev was reporting old information (where they'd only completed the male character's VO) and especially in the current cultural climate, Bethesda would not want that kind of negative PR.  Much easier to just give male and female options.

Speculation at this point usually isn't worth much but with all the talk about the Institute, the Railroad, and androids I am wondering/hoping if in the main story (or a DLC) it turns out the protagonist is being pressured to support either the Institute or the Railroad; however; he/she is getting contradicting information implying he/she may actually be an android with RPG-friendly amnesia and/or implanted McGuffin-flavored memories critical for all sides (could be the pre-war aspects).  The protagonist must then decide if he/she is or not  - insert moral ambiguity and hard choices.  Fallout games have been known to reference popular SciFi movies/stories and this has flavors of Blade Runner and Total Recall combined.

Quote:

Originally Posted by toongoon View Post

Speculation at this point usually isn't worth much but with all the talk about the Institute, the Railroad, and androids I am wondering/hoping if in the main story (or a DLC) it turns out the protagonist is being pressured to support either the Institute or the Railroad; however; he/she is getting contradicting information implying he/she may actually be an android with RPG-friendly amnesia and/or implanted McGuffin-flavored memories critical for all sides (could be the pre-war aspects).  The protagonist must then decide if he/she is or not  - insert moral ambiguity and hard choices.  Fallout games have been known to reference popular SciFi movies/stories and this has flavors of Blade Runner and Total Recall combined.

I approve. I think the reason I prefer New Vegas over Fallout 3 has a lot to do with the Vault Dweller vs. The Courier. The Vault Dweller is you. Badass or complete fuck up. The Courier is you but (with the dlc if you think of it as a whole package) has history outside the delivery and the war for Hoover Dam. It's appealing so the idea above is more in line with that, fake memories, recovering the real ones. They would be even better if those are contradictory too. An android constantly being factory reset and drawing its own conclusions based on it's current experience then you as the player having to sift through previous recordings of yourself and trying to figure out if that version was ahead of you or behind in what you've discovered tricked or really in on the whole truth. It probably won't happen but it would make a cool game trying to shuffle the information from pre-you "you".

I'm much hyped for Boston and the surrounding New England landscape. If they let you hop on 95 down to my homeworld Rhode Island, instant game of the generation.

I also want a mandatory clam shucking minigame for all ammo pickups.

A[quote name="Kyle Reese" url="/community/t/153865/fallout-4-pre-release-previously-fallout-4-announcement-watch-along/30#post_3897529"]I'm much hyped for Boston and the surrounding New England landscape. If they let you hop on 95 down to my homeworld Rhode Island, instant game of the generation.

I also want a mandatory clam shucking minigame for all ammo pickups.
[/quote]

I'm hoping for a DLC pack visiting Plymouth, my home town. The Battle for Plymouth Rock has a nice ring to it.

Heh heh.

Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post

You joke, but if I could customize my Vault and do some Sims type shit with it ...

ohmygod

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT?!

http://kotaku.com/fallout-shelter-announ...Socialflow

Dear lord...that game looks massive in every sense of the world and gameplay.

That Collectors edition Pip Boy...

Fallout Shelter out now and free of any in app BS.

Holy shit, Bethesda pretty much raised the stakes on day 1 of E3; i cant imagine what other companies are thinking right now.

And if Fallout 4 is indeed about a survivor of the original armaggedon emerging into the wasteland...holy hell, the storyline possibilities.

I cant wrap my head about all that was shown: the building of settlements, the dog, the modification and building of items...

I didnt expect it to be this massive...

Quote:

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT?!

So, we both calling in sick November 11, Zhukov?

Because that game makes New Vegas and 3 look small.

AGOTY

GOTG

GOTF

AI will rebuild Boston into the economic powerhouse of the future.
APipboy edition is now up for pre-order.
Quote:

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT?!

Weird way to find out you're psychic.

Welp, see you guys.  I'm off to become a supervillain.

Hugely impressed with everything shown so far. I was expecting, you know, just Fallout 3 except moreso. But THIS, seems like its getting deep and gritty with actual wasteland RPG mechanics. Huge, huge stuff. I did not expect this at all.

Also, plz let Obsidian do Fallout: Boneyard. Plz.

AEurogamer:

Fallout 4 PC Mods Can Be Shared and Played on Xbox One For Free

Other sources are reporting that a PS4 announcement is likely to happen soon. This'll be very interesting, to say the least. They're gonna have to curate the living hell out of this. Ain't no way you'll be getting all the mods from Fallout Nexus.

Damn, I'm super excited for this.  And this will be the first time since Fallout 2 that I have a PC that might be capable of running a Fallout game, so I'm not sure if I should go PC or get a PS4 for this.

Is it November yet?  The Fallout Shelter app is good, but can't go more than a couple minutes without crashing.

They also revealed that Dogmeat Jr.  cannot die!!!

Which really just saves me a fuckload of reloading saves.

Combat just looks like so much goddamn fun.

That Power Armour...ONGH!

And being able to modify Power Armour to look like Fallout 1, 2 or 3 BoS makes me giddy.

The Fallout 4 presentation in E3 was seriously impressive.

ABethesda producer Jeff Gardiner:

"I've played the game 400 hours, and I'm still finding stuff I haven't seen yet."

[IMG ALT=""]http://www.chud.com/community/content/type/61/id/208093/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
AAlso, extended gameplay from the Microsoft conference (clearing out Raiders from a region):

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3nYFn-aIno[/VIDEO]

Dat Brotherhood power armor...*drool* Finally, powered armor that actually feels like powered armor.
ANew details, from GameInformer:

Quote:Fallout 4's narrative has a lot more branching paths and overlapping of "if that than this" than Fallout 3. They want the game to handle all the fail-states of missions, instead of forcing players to reload saves.

Quote:Fallout 4 has a full weather system that sends radiation storms across the world.

Quote:Combat is receiving a major stimpak, thanks to some consulting with id Software to improve the second-to-second shooting. Bethesda's goal? To have the shooting stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the other great options on the market. The studio even hired away some Bungie talent to help with this remodel. With the new built-from-scratch shooting system, [Todd] Howard says Fallout 4 plays much more like a modern shooter. You can aim down the sights, use V.A.T.S., and play in first or third person.

Quote:V.A.T.S. has received some slight overhauls. It no longer completely pauses the action, and critical shots are no longer random. If you look at the videos, you'll notice a "critical" bar on the bottom of the screen that the player fills. Once it is fully filled, you can decide when to use it. Your Luck skill determines how fast the bar increases, and there are perks that dig into how criticals work, and how you can use them. 

Quote:Bethesda is tweaking the way auto-scaling works for Fallout 4 to create more of a challenge. "We call it 'rubberbanding'; we'll have an area [where enemies scale from] levels 5 to 10, and then this area will be Level 30 and above," Howard says. "You'll run into stuff that will crush you, and you'll have to run away."

Quote:Bethesda's proprietary Radiant A.I. are also being used for your settlements to drive random encounters.  It will determine if someone should be sent to your town, if Raiders should attack the settlement or abduct your caravan, etc.

Quote:A list of your settlements will appear in your PipBoy. You can send caravans between the various bases to get your supplies where you need them to be.

That's some great info. Very happy about the level-scaling, and the fact that there won't be any land-based transportation. They really seem to be pushing the story-elements further with more branching paths (à la The Witcher), and mission fail =/= total failure, plus other aspects we're now starting to learn about.

Regarding item durability, I'm presuming it won't be as limiting as in Fallout 3, where you have to have the exact same identical item in order to repair it, short of taking it to a vendor. There needs to be a jury-rigging perk like in New Vegas, or you should at least be able to repair equipment with the random shit you find. And this does indeed seem like a likely prospect in this game (judging by the videos so far), as it appears each and every single thing will have a use.

...God, I need to stop reading about this game. The more I hear, the more impatient/excited I get.

[IMG ALT=""]http://www.chud.com/community/content/type/61/id/208327/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]

"fail-states of missions"

is the dopest RPG terminology I heard in the last decade

Quote:

Combat is receiving a major stimpak, thanks to some consulting with id Software to improve the second-to-second shooting. Bethesda's goal? To have the shooting stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the other great options on the market. The studio even hired away some Bungie talent to help with this remodel. With the new built-from-scratch shooting system, [Todd] Howard says Fallout 4 plays much more like a modern shooter. You can aim down the sights, use V.A.T.S., and play in first or third person.

Yeah iD and Bungie, no big deal.

This degree of hype might be the most fucking hype in my whole fucking life. Jesus Christ this sounds amazing.

So, how long will it take for the first Welsh Corgi Dogmeat mod to pop up online once the game is released?

Im betting on 2-3 hours tops.

A"Radiation storms"

Ohgodohgodohgod . . .

Just tell me I can have my character undergo ghoulification or FEV mutation, please . . . pretty please? With sugar on top?

Haha...fucking Codsworth:

Also, a more in-depth look at the game's settlement/crafting system:

http://www.gamesradar.com/fallout-4s...ined-bethesda/

Wow, this is looking sweeter and sweeter with each passing day. Ingredient-flagging sounds great.

Some new info from QuakeCon:

• Dogmeat can be given commands, such as retrieving objects for the player. He can also now loot enemies.
  • The leveling system has been reorganized so that perks are now tied to your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats, instead of levels. Having a high S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stat will provide players access to advanced perks right from the start.
  • There will be about a dozen possible companions, including Dogmeat, Mr. Handy, Preston Garvey, and Piper, a newly-revealed female companion who you can meet in Diamond City. And all of them are potential romantic prospects, depending.
  • Mr. Handy can actually say your name -- be it "John," or something more ridiculous like "Mr. Asswipe." He will vocalize it all the same.
  • The inside of Mr. Handy is actually modeled, because I guess Bethesda wants to make sure you can see the details if he's ever blown up.
  • Dogmeat is based on a real dog, who is named River. QuakeCon folks got to see footage of this dog, but we'll have to settle for a Tweet:

• Piper, the new companion, wears a red leather coat and a newsboy hat.
  • You can romance your companions, regardless of whether you play as a male or female. Not clear on whether or not this includes robots like Mr. Handy, but here's hoping.
  • Looting is all real-time now, and doesn't go into a pause-menu. Instead, a little interactive menu opens up like in The Witcher 3.
  • There are perks for traveling solo, to effectively replace a companion. If you choose to do that, you don't necessarily need companions.
  • You can melee with guns, even without melee attachments like bayonets.
  • There will be a Last of Us-style menu with the d-pad, which I assume you can customize with essentials.
  • You can no longer just spam stimpaks, because they now take time to use, and have an animation.
  • There are procedural reactions to you, depending upon your karma and reputation.
  • Raiders now have access to Power Armor.
  • Grenades are now hotkeyed, and have a counter.
  • More weapon modifications like full-auto plasma rifles and night-vision rocket launchers. You can attach night-vision scopes to your rifles, too.
  • There are "legendary" versions of creatures like in New Vegas. A Legendary ghoul was spotted.
  • Various things that are confirmed to be back: Bloody Mess perk, Super Duper Mart, computer-hacking, lockpicking, Yao Guai, the Fat Man, and Behemoth mutants. The demo actually ends with the player shooting an atomic bomb at a Behemoth mutant.
  • When you send caravans between settlements in the Wasteland, you can use Brahmin cattle, who can store items for sale, and items can be sold from the Brahmin en route.
  • Book/comic-book covers will be more detailed this time around, and you can zoom in and look at them.
  • It sounds like factions can go to war with one another. IGN described a scene where the player watched ghouls attacking raiders, and noted that the player had the option to let it happen without interfering. Awesome. Additionally, they also noted that at one point, the Brotherhood of Steel appears and joins the player in a battle against raiders.

I want to command Dogmeat to kill all of the enemies for me. Yes, I'm that lazy.

And I want to call my character His Supreme Noble Imperial Excellency Vizconde Le Señor Douchenozzle McFuckface the Fourth. Am just assuming that they did, in fact, record that one.

Also, Game Informer just posted a huge article with tons of additional info from QuakeCon:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/fallou...ageIndex=1