Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another film identification request

Here's hoping that someone is a Euro-crime junkie and can lead me to the name of this film that I saw years ago but missed the ending.

I am pretty sure it is French circa 1970's, maybe 1980s.

What sticks in my mind is that it had this absurd scene where a woman driver is run off a road and what follows is this ridiculous first person view of her avoiding rocks and trees as she uncontrollably flies down this hill and just when it seems as if the terrain is flattening out she smashes into a tree.  This is when the television station messed up and went off the air for about an hour and when it returned they were playing something else.  My ability in French is not great but from what I could garner it was one group of people trying to infiltrate another group that was associated with organized crime.

Nothing special about the movie per se but it just annoys me that I never found out if the woman survived this run down in a hill in some sort of Renault.

Any hints or directions would be appreciated.

APulp Fiction.

Okay first of all Pulp Fiction was made in 1994 and is an American film.  The film I am trying to identify is a Euro-crime French film from the 1970's maybe early 80s.

Plus when was there ever a car scene in Pulp Fiction?

Thanks for the try though.

AAnnie Hall.

Way to roll out the welcome mat for the new guy, fellas.

Do you have a year?  I can't find anything on a French Pulp Fiction.  Do you have the actual name of the film in French or a link?

Actually this is my error.  I read the CHUD description but clearly it is a bit more Kim Kardashian than I thought.

Not a problem.

AThis isn't IMDb, guy.

Kim isn't french.

Very true and my apologies.  I was searching for a different type of site and clearly by the responses this is not it.

No problem.

AReservoir Dogs?

No reason to pursue this.  It won't be Resevoir Dogs or any number of other great but not of the genre films.  The very fact these are the suggestions indicate that I have asked the question in the wrong venue.

Like I said this is my bad.  I wound up here on a search thinking it was a bit more of a broad based film site when clearly it is far more current popular.

Serious question: did it have vampires in it?

AFrom Dusk Til Dawn?

...quick google later: I was thinking about INNOCENT BLOOD with Anne Parillaud. But it's from the 90s, not French, doesn't have a group of criminals infiltrating anything. I am awesome.

Have you tried plowing through this: IMDB French Crime list?

ATop Secret?

All I got. Sorry.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post

Here's hoping that someone is a Euro-crime junkie and can lead me to the name of this film that I saw years ago but missed the ending.

I am pretty sure it is French circa 1970's, maybe 1980s.

What sticks in my mind is that it had this absurd scene where a woman driver is run off a road and what follows is this ridiculous first person view of her avoiding rocks and trees as she uncontrollably flies down this hill and just when it seems as if the terrain is flattening out she smashes into a tree.  This is when the television station messed up and went off the air for about an hour and when it returned they were playing something else.  My ability in French is not great but from what I could garner it was one group of people trying to infiltrate another group that was associated with organized crime.

Nothing special about the movie per se but it just annoys me that I never found out if the woman survived this run down in a hill in some sort of Renault.

Any hints or directions would be appreciated.

I asked around on Twitter hoping some Eurocrime folks would recognize it but no luck so far. Good luck!

At least he realized right off the bat that Bradito is the Kim Kardisian of the boards.

Also we have a thread for this stuff right here.