Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Semi-Official Ultra HD 4K Thread
Die Hard 2 is an unapologetic re-skin of Die Hard 1. With a Vengeance is where it's at!
the first 2/3 of WITH A VENGEANCE is fantastic, but hoo boy does that ending stink. It's honestly such a wet fart of a final act that it really kills the movie for me.

Also: DH2 has William Atherton in it. That's worth a star all by itself. It also earns points for being the last time that McClane actually felt like the same character from the first movie.
Ma-ma si-ta... https://t.co/aPFblwh4WJ
there's a 3D version?
Man, Walmart is fucking worthless. There was not one single Infinity War 4K there. I looked high and low. Fucking bastards. The only reason they do that shit is because they're the only place in town that sells movies anymore now that Hastings is gone. If Hastings was still around you can bet they'd have bothered. What a load of shit..

UPDATE: Ok, so....I can't get a 4K off Amazon either. What gives?
not being able to get it on amazon may still be a case of bad vibes between Amazon and Disney

all you can order there are imports of the UK release
Yeah I saw that. But it wasn't at the store either. It actually IS out? Best Buys or Targets or what..
Yeah it's out. I preordered off Best Buy and they delivered it Monday. If you do order it from Best Buy be sure to have them price match Wal-mart's site. It's 25 bucks there. I wouldn't rely on wal-mart for most 4K discs in store. They aren't going to be able to sell many so they aren't going to carry them.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Well....it's just that Walmart is five miles from home and Best Buy and Target are 65 miles from home so...it's almost inevitable that I'll be looking there first. Fucking Podunk towns..
Just got it at Target so it's out.
(08-14-2018, 07:17 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Well....it's just that Walmart is five miles from home and Best Buy and Target are 65 miles from home so...it's almost inevitable that I'll be looking there first. Fucking Podunk towns..

They have websites. Best Buy I tend to prefer and yet I don't have one in my town either.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
The one time I ordered anything from Best Buy online it was terrible. I guess that's made me kind of gunshy about dipping back into that well. Amazon usually has everything so I never have needed to order from them. This is something I had no idea would be hard to get on it's street date. I figured it'd just be there..
Didn't you say you didn't have a 4K player yet? Are you just future proofing?

Anyway Best Buy is pretty good. The stuff is shipped quickly it usually gets to me before street date. Also they price match. Plus they offer points so eventually you can get a gift certificate. They also can cure most diseases.

(08-14-2018, 10:32 AM)jonathan parker Wrote:
(08-13-2018, 11:57 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: The one that is the same or possibly better due to the ability to manipulate the HDR is the Panasonic UB820. Now that is going to run you 500. There is also the Panasonic UB9000 but that is going to cost 1000 and the picture quality is the same.

The UB-820 isn't going to be out for a couple of weeks and the UB-9000 isn't going to be out until Oct or something.

That's why I mentioned the 900 it's out right now and is 150 off because of the 820 upcoming release. Technically the 820 has the same features as the 900.

The 9000 is overkill unless you want to audio straight to a poweramp.

I just remembered, the reason you don't want the 900 is because it won't ever have Dolby Vision. The 820 is going to get it as an update in October. That's going to matter once you get a nice 4K tv.
I am future proofing. But I wanted to watch the blu-ray last night. No real HUGE biggie. But when I show up to a place with money in hand and they fail to deliver ON THE RELEASE DATE...that irks me..