Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMC's Into the Badlands
(02-13-2019, 01:36 AM)Fafhrd Wrote: Somehow I don't think it went on a nine month 'mid-season break' for reshoots. My money's on it not actually having a proper wrap-up.

The director (Paco Cabezas) said not only it will have a meaningful ending, he also said it's gonna be "Epic".

We'll see.
Git' in under mah belly!
Sneak peek.

More like Into the Badass Lands.
Git' in under mah belly!
Whoa. Was that the original plan for this far into the season, or did that long-ass break they took include reshoots to try and wrap things up a bit tidier once they knew they were cancelled? Because that was A LOT.
Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes.
No kidding. I wasn't expecting that one particular death either!
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
(04-09-2019, 07:14 PM)headless fett Wrote: No kidding. I wasn't expecting that one particular death either!

Wife and I are both devo'ed.

That's Aussie slang for devastated, by the way.  Nothing to do with the band.
(04-09-2019, 07:50 PM)the nz natural Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 07:14 PM)headless fett Wrote: No kidding. I wasn't expecting that one particular death either!

Wife and I are both devo'ed.

That's Aussie slang for devastated, by the way.  Nothing to do with the band.

It can be two things!

From what I've read from the show's creators that the series finale leaves a few things open but ends on a "hopeful note" whatever that means.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
Didn't think that was going to stick.

But I did think tonight was the finale and I was gonna be real real mad.
Man, that dressing down was long, LONG overdue!
(04-23-2019, 06:48 AM)the nz natural Wrote: Man, that dressing down was long, LONG overdue!

No kidding.

I'm still miffed this is ending.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
(04-24-2019, 03:22 AM)headless fett Wrote: No kidding.

I'm still miffed this is ending.

Just last week, the missus and I were talking about how Sunny is the worst character in his own show - he constantly throws all logic and reason aside to trust someone for no good reason at all and NEVER FUCKING LEARNS when they inevitably fuck him over.  Meanwhile, the one guy that's consistently proven himself to be trustworthy despite his reputation, Sunny just can't get past that reputation!  So infuriating.  So to watch Bajie just rip into him was fantastic.
But that wasn't all - the rest of this ep was fantastic!  And man, the costuming department on this show . . .
I FUCKING KNEW IT. I KNEW THEY WEREN'T GOING TO CLOSE IT OUT PROPERLY. AND NOW I'M DENIED SUPER POWERED KUNG FU SAMURAI SUNNY AND THE WIDOW VERSUS GUNSLINGERS IN SEASON 4. YOU ABSOLUTE BASTARDS.
(05-07-2019, 12:43 AM)Fafhrd Wrote: I FUCKING KNEW IT. I KNEW THEY WEREN'T GOING TO CLOSE IT OUT PROPERLY. AND NOW I'M DENIED SUPER POWERED KUNG FU SAMURAI SUNNY AND THE WIDOW VERSUS GUNSLINGERS IN SEASON 4. YOU ABSOLUTE BASTARDS.

Sonofabitch!!!  Actually, to be fair that was a fucking incredible episode.  Fight choreo was insane through almost the entire ep.  Cracking stuff, and a great end to this particular story . . . but yeah, what coulda been.
Yeah, I mean, MK getting got was a long time coming and extremely satisfying. And I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing Nick Frost kick peoples' asses, and I love the 'accupressure disabling a Dark One->brutally murder Dark One' move.

Now I just have to hope that Marvel makes a Nextwave movie or Disney+ series sometime soon and we get Emily Beecham as Elsa Bloodstone.
(05-07-2019, 12:43 AM)Fafhrd Wrote: I FUCKING KNEW IT. I KNEW THEY WEREN'T GOING TO CLOSE IT OUT PROPERLY. AND NOW I'M DENIED SUPER POWERED KUNG FU SAMURAI SUNNY AND THE WIDOW VERSUS GUNSLINGERS IN SEASON 4. YOU ABSOLUTE BASTARDS.

Yeah, even though it was a great conclusion to the Pilgrim storyline I'm disappointed that they cancelled this with that great setup at the end. 

Amazing action all throughout this episode. It's a shame this show didn't get more attention than it did.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
I hope the cast can at least use this as a stepping stone to bigger things, because Emily Beecham gives me heart murmers, and Lewis Tan is an almost impossibly handsome ass kicker.
Into the Cancelled Lands
Git' in under mah belly!
(05-08-2019, 04:16 AM)the nz natural Wrote: Lewis Tan is an almost impossibly handsome ass kicker.

Shang Chi please.
(05-08-2019, 05:47 AM)Felix Wrote: Shang Chi please.

It would be ideal, wouldn't it?

Yeah. I just now binged these and I don't know why they couldn't have ya know.....closed things out. I mean there was so much set up there for another season. I am actually shocked though that they killed MK. Even up until the last episode I really figured that someone would have remember who you are speech and he would turn on Pilgrim. I figured that was going to happen in the chamber during their big fight. I mean this kid was the second lead for the first season or so. Why did he hate Sonny so much again? Good riddance anyway.

Also this thing with guns. So I never thought that guns were banned in the Badlands because honestly would all of the Barons rally stick to that? Like there is no way there was some agreement. And I didn't think there was anyway that somehow all the guns had been destroyed because that's impossible. I figured there must be some supernatural reason for guns not working anymore or something. But then the kid finds one and it's a big deal. I wonder what their explanation was going to be?

Ohh well I will miss you badlands.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
(05-07-2019, 12:43 AM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: I am actually shocked though that they killed MK. Even up until the last episode I really figured that someone would have remember who you are speech and he would turn on Pilgrim. I figured that was going to happen in the chamber during their big fight. I mean this kid was the second lead for the first season or so. Why did he hate Sonny so much again?

M.K. was on a quest to find his mother. It turned out that Sonny killed her in his old Clippin' days. Oops. That's reason enough to hate anybody.
"Never ASSUME anything, for it makes an ASS out of U and ME." - Benny Hill
(05-21-2019, 10:15 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote:

Yeah. I just now binged these and I don't know why they couldn't have ya know.....closed things out. I mean there was so much set up there for another season. I am actually shocked though that they killed MK. Even up until the last episode I really figured that someone would have remember who you are speech and he would turn on Pilgrim. I figured that was going to happen in the chamber during their big fight. I mean this kid was the second lead for the first season or so. Why did he hate Sonny so much again? Good riddance anyway.

Also this thing with guns. So I never thought that guns were banned in the Badlands because honestly would all of the Barons rally stick to that? Like there is no way there was some agreement. And I didn't think there was anyway that somehow all the guns had been destroyed because that's impossible. I figured there must be some supernatural reason for guns not working anymore or something. But then the kid finds one and it's a big deal. I wonder what their explanation was going to be?

Ohh well I will miss you badlands.

I think there's some implication from the bits and pieces of the Old World that we've seen that there was maybe something of a peaceful Golden Age until the Dark Ones were created and wrecked the world. Guns were probably gotten rid of during that peaceful period and forgotten about.

That's the headcanon that I'm going with and there's no one to tell me different.
Never got that but I also forgot about Sonny killing MK's mom so maybe.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I watched season 1 on Netflix earlier this year and it was enough to make me give season 2 a shot. It was pretty enjoyable fluff...except for the actor that plays MK. That kid is just atrocious. Anyway, I apparently forgot all sorts of stuff in between watching the seasons. I had no idea that The Widow was actually...a good guy? She's fighting to overthrow the system...allegedly. Which brings me to one of my BIG problems with the show. At the conclave, she agrees not to harbor escaped Cogs anymore. I get that, she does it to keep her place as a Baron. After that falls through and she's betrayed, she tells Waldo that she's through compromising her values...and promptly decides to team up with Quinn...and then promptly hands over Veil and Henry to Quinn. Seriously?

Now, the really MASSIVE one. Quinn kills Ryder, Lydia goes to hunt down Quinn, Lydia ends up sleeping with Quinn. I understand the whole lust/anger/grieving thing but that is completely ridiculous. It's one thing for Quinn and Lydia to bang after breaking up, it's common enough. But she sleeps with him after he kills their son?!

The action is crazy enjoyable but I'm not sure I can stick with this terrible writing...and MK.
I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs
The show looks nice and the action is good, but it's not the place to find good acting or good storytellng.

A lot of the cast are martial artists first and actors second.
Git' in under mah belly!