Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone help me out with the end of THE TAKING OF DEBORAH LOGAN?

I feel like I missed something.

So Desjardines needed to sacrifice five girls to "become immortal". He got to four before Deborah killed him. 30 years later she starts to get Alzheimers and gets weakened enough that he possesses her to complete the ritual.

In the caverns, as Deborah is halfway through swallowing Cara, Sarah stops her by firing the gun, and Cara runs away.

Then, at the very end of the movie, you see what's obviously supposed to be "evil Cara".

So does this mean:
* Cara is possessed by Desjardines and still needs to kill one more kid for him to be immortal?
* Somehow he completed his spell? It really seems that they want you to think this, but how could it be true if Cara didn't die?

Just wondering if I missed some important detail. The story/mythology was fun in this movie, which had a lot of other great stuff going for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceL View Post

I feel like I missed something.

So Desjardines needed to sacrifice five girls to "become immortal". He got to four before Deborah killed him. 30 years later she starts to get Alzheimers and gets weakened enough that he possesses her to complete the ritual.

In the caverns, as Deborah is halfway through swallowing Cara, Sarah stops her by firing the gun, and Cara runs away.

Then, at the very end of the movie, you see what's obviously supposed to be "evil Cara".

So does this mean:
* Cara is possessed by Desjardines and still needs to kill one more kid for him to be immortal?
* Somehow he completed his spell? It really seems that they want you to think this, but how could it be true if Cara didn't die?

Just wondering if I missed some important detail. The story/mythology was fun in this movie, which had a lot of other great stuff going for it.

I'm pretty sure that Desjardines possesses the little girl.

Earlier in the film, it's said that "spiritual parasites often attach to the weaker mind. The elderly, the young and the infirm (little girl is both).

I could be wrong, but it's my best guess. I saw the movie months ago so my memory isn't as clear.