Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-Purpose "The Media is Insane" Thread

Yeah, there's a Fox News thread.  But right now CNN and MSNBC are tramping around the apartment belonging to the San Bernardino shoots, showing Farook's mother's driver's license live on air and unblurred, pawing through their baby daughter's toys, and generally rummaging through whatever they can fine.  This is some straight-up Nightcrawler shit.

"Best" part was when CNN had an expert (the guy on the left) on telling the reporters explicitly they should not be doing this to a crime scene and they keep doing it.

This is beyond fucked-up.

I caught some of this shit on MSNBC....this is a new low (possible?) for media....this isn't 'news' this is crass, tabloid 'reporting'.

Whomever thought that this was going to be a good idea, should be fired.

Heh... saw this elsewhere and when the New Posts refreshed with this at the top I knew what this thread was about immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuDohNihm View Post

Heh... saw this elsewhere and when the New Posts refreshed with this at the top I knew what this thread was about immediately.

From the link:

Quote:
It appeared that members of the public were inside the apartment as well. One man lingered holding a large soda.

You couldn't paint a more unsubtle scene of tactless idiocy on display.

ADo you remember that time CNN thought it was an episode of Storage Wars?
AReminds me of nothing so much as the photos of Japanese skulls that American G.I.s mailed home to their sweethearts during WWII. The non-white enemy is reduced to the status of a zoo exhibit in defeat.

It seems like such a throwback to the days of Cops and Hard Copy doesn't it?  Even Nightcrawler was at pains to point out that sector of the business was on the way out.

I'd expect the landlords themselves or some neighbour to be doing the videos and then flogging it online, with the mainstream press using the footage and then decrying it with disgust at the same time.  That's more in the realm of deniable hypocrisy we've come to expect these days.