Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noah Hawley's LEGION on FX
For the record, I think Farouk is still behind it all. I sympathize with David in that part of his mind feels like he's been forced into his actions against his will, but I recognize that he will turn out to be the villain in the end.

I also have a huge problem with Syd the Rapist going all nuclear on David the Rapist.

I hate that most of the ancillary characters got marginalized as this season went on. I miss Ptonomy. I miss Cary/Kerry and I really, really missed Melanie. She may have had the worst of it all this season.

I still watched the entire season and was engaged, much more than a few other shows I tried to watch this season, and I am looking forward to season 3.
I can't stand to see myself go through the motions, that bring me back into these same old sad emotions.
So I finally finished it and I have to say the David is the real villain storyline is a cool move and has incredible potential if it wasn't handled so damn poorly.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
(06-19-2018, 11:24 AM)tcjsavannah Wrote: For the record, I think Farouk is still behind it all.

I think Farouk is behind it all in the sense that David's insanity is a direct result of 30+ years of psychic abuse by Farouk. (This is what the Hamm narrated lessons are illustrating). But David's actions are all his own. Especially in the finale.
It doesn't matter David is the villain now it just feels unearned somehow.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina