Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
The Democratic Party Going Forward
"I can't guarantee that other people won't be stupid and short-sighted, so you'd better give them what they want!"
If defeating Trump is your top priority, yeah.
(01-20-2020, 09:51 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: "I can't guarantee that other people won't be stupid and short-sighted, so you'd better give them what they want!"

Bernie Bros. basically holding guns to everyone’s heads. Give us what we want or we’ll vote 3rd party or not at all and watch everything Bern when Trump gets a 2nd term.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
That’s how leverage works. You don’t have to like it.
It's a position that people take when deep, deep, deep, deep, deep down, they don't believe any of this actually affects them.

So they can feel good about "voting with their conscience" when everyone else suffers.

(01-18-2020, 10:01 PM)farsight Wrote: There's no evidence of a causal link, or any evidence that video games attract a higher percentage of violent criminals than 100 other hobbies.

don't think anyone here said that.
"Why did she do it?"
"Why are you the fucking Police?"

Or they believe every other candidate will fail to bend the curve away from climate Armageddon, and it ultimately doesn’t matter who gets elected. Their reasons are irrelevant. The takeaway here is that everyone needs to get on the Bernie bus or shut the fuck up about how beating Trump is their top priority.
Interesting. Sounds incredibly similar to the way we lose the election.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
By voting for the guy with the largest base?
If he’s the got the biggest base, he’ll get the nomination.

But I don’t know why you’d think the centrists who voted for Obama then Trump would be any less likely to take their ball and go home, if they don’t get their way.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
(01-20-2020, 11:10 PM)Amos Wrote: Or they believe that every other candidate will fail the bend the curve away from climate Armageddon, and it wouldn’t ultimately matter who gets elected. Their reasons are irrelevant.

And I think that's complete bullshit. I'm not stupid to think that a Democratic president is going fix all of these problems in a term. But it's something.  And it's something that I can work with. And it's something that this country fucking needs. Because people are suffering now. Not in some potential future or apocalypse but now. Bernie Bros or dude bros who bitch and whine about both sides do so because--what's another 4 years of trump for them?

Not like it's their kids getting jailed
not like it's their schools getting fucked with
it's not like they're being faced with violence because of their race, gender, or sexual preference.

It's a choice you make when you believe that you have no skin in the game--Fuck everyone else.
"Why did she do it?"
"Why are you the fucking Police?"

Again, you don’t have to like it. It is what it is.
I love it when Amos plays the Very Definitely Not An Apologist game.
You need these people to win. Do you want to win?
(01-20-2020, 11:18 PM)Amos Wrote: By voting for the guy with the largest base?

How do you know he has the largest base?
"All your base are belong to us."

-Bernie bro, probably
Individual donors
(01-20-2020, 09:46 PM)Amos Wrote: Yeah, but I’m just some guy in Oregon. It doesn’t really matter who I vote for. I can’t speak for other Bernie supporters. Is it possible they won’t be so flexible? Absolutely. That’s why it’s imperative Bernie is the nominee.

You're not just some guy in Oregon, you're a douche bag in Oregon.  Why don't you actually think about what you're posting on here before you post it.  I have to vote for Bernie so that his supporters don't get butt-hurt and give the election to Trump?Fuck that.  And that's from a guy whose number two choice is Bernie.
I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs
(01-20-2020, 09:46 PM)Amos Wrote: Yeah, but I’m just some guy in Oregon. It doesn’t really matter who I vote for. I can’t speak for other Bernie supporters. Is it possible they won’t be so flexible? Absolutely. That’s why it’s imperative Bernie is the nominee.

I am reluctant to vote for someone whose followers are assholes.
Gamertag: Tweakee
If the most important thing to you is defeating Donald Trump, it is absolutely crucial Bernie becomes the nominee.

That's all I'm saying.
"Nice election you got here. Be a shame if something happened to it, know what I'm sayin'?"
(01-21-2020, 12:09 AM)commodorejohn Wrote: "Nice election you got here. Be a shame if something happened to it, know what I'm sayin'?"

I want to be your friend!
I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs
Them's the breaks. I'm tied in closer to the Bernie hive than the rest of you, and I'm giving a heads-up.

If you want to beat Trump, it only happens with Bernie.
So you are confirming that Bernie Bros will be the reason that Trump is re-elected? Cool. And since you're plugged into the hive, please let them know that they can eat the peanuts out of my shit. Please and thank you.
If some other candidate can magically inspire a few million non-voters to pull the lever, all this is moot.

But we both know that's not going to happen.
(01-20-2020, 09:31 PM)schwartz Wrote: Wow, dank meme.

Dank and wildly inaccurate, since Warren wasn't a Republican in 1980, and DEFINITELY wasn't a Republican in 1995.
(01-21-2020, 12:19 AM)Amos Wrote: If some other candidate can magically inspire a few million non-voters to pull the lever, all this is moot.

But we both know that's not going to happen.

Are you talking to me or a different specific poster that disagrees with you.  Because there are so many of us.  Because you're wrong.
What am I wrong about?

That you need Bernie's base to win the rust belt? Because you do.
Bernie didn't win the rust belt and he's not leading in the rust belt. What you and the rest of your childish friends don't understand is that all of us obnoxious Democrats need to come together and vote for WHOMEVER the nominee is. You're Bernie or bust nonsense is tiring. Grow the fuck up please.
So you’re saying you DON’T need Bernie’s base to win?

It seems pretty foolish to leave something like that to chance.
To be fair he did say he’d vote for the Dem nominee Bernie or not.

It’s all the other Bros. out there that are dazzled by the promises Bernie can’t possibly keep. Or the ones with this “I need to be inspired” bullshit.

Biden’s not the best candidate but he absolutely could win enough in the rust belt to re-flip Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan. And I have a sneaky feeling Klobuchar could too.
Huh...I could have sworn that I wrote "Democrats need to come together and vote for WHOMEVER the nominee is." If you look up, you will in fact see that I did write that. When I wrote that, I was including Bernie supporters. Is that not clear? Do you have some problems with comprehending simple statements? Or is it that you and your fellow Bernie Bros. are a bunch of entitled little whiners that are happy to put candidate before country?
I’m conveying a political reality to you. It’s quite likely that a sizeable chunk of Bernie’s base will not translate into votes for another candidate. You can scold them all you want but it wouldn’t change anything.
That cuts both ways. A sizable chunk of moderate Democrats won't vote for Bernie. No amount of your blackmail will change that.
Data has shown Biden and Warren folks are resoundingly “Blue No Matter Who”, much more than Bernie’s crowd.

So I disagree. The knife DOES NOT cut both ways. Not equally, anyway.
This is exactly the kind of bullshit that's going to cost Bernie the nomination. As his supporters get more insufferable they're going to drive more people away from supporting him, he's going to start bleeding momentum after the first couple of primaries, and the nom is going to go to someone else.