Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
INDIANA JONES and you're actually fucking serious pre-release discussion
(01-18-2021, 07:09 PM)bradito Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 06:53 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: What happens if you need 24 specific actions? Do they sell upgrades, or do you have to buy a second protagonist?
I mean, then you end up with Return of the King.
Does each protagonist require their own ending/epilogue sequence?
Usually when you have two protagonists, they're together for most of the story, so they don't each get a separate ending. Rare examples are "Superman III" and BvS, where the protagonists are opposing each other for most of the film but ultimately end up working together extremely late in the story. Then they get separate sendoffs. Or die.

But everyone hates those movies, so it's best to stick to the formula.
Does this mean that Columbo is the antagonist in his own movies? He almost never shows up less than 20 minutes in.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
I'd go along with that!
I'd like your take on the Richard Donner joint TIMELINE, brad. The movie has some major dual protagonist weirdness going on with Paul Walker and Gerard Butler. They want the appearance of a Luke/Han dynamic, but the plot mechanics don't support it. The antagonist: Medieval stuff?
Oh man, it's been so long since I've seen that ruination of a Crichton work. I'd imagine that they have a hero and sidekick dynamic, like Luke and Han (although Han also has a sidekick).

Doesn't one of them stay behind so they won't have to see "Timeline" ever be released?
From what I recall, Paul Walker gets weirdly sidelined in the climax, then Butler morphs into the default hero, and it just sort of ends.

The trailer is a hoot. Better than the full movie.

https://youtu.be/bol117Vce_A
A recent remark by Mangold has gotten some attention. Read into it what you will.
By "take place," I hope it's not much more than a scene or two.

Indy spending a great deal of time in a major, urban city of the 1960s is not particularly what I'm looking for. Put him in environments where the time period is easier to ignore.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
Yeah. After coming off an installment filmed exclusively in the U.S., this one needs to lean hard on the globe-trotting, or be set mainly in international locales. I could see Indy spending a single scene in a New York museum, but I'd be looking askance at it as a primary location.

The Darabont version of Indy 4 did briefly send Indy to New York during its Hitchcockian man-on-the-run section, where Indy had to collect an item from Grand Central Station. Something along those lines would be cool.
I could perhaps see Indy looking for something in abandoned subway tunnels.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.