Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvel's CLOAK & DAGGER on Freeform
Another series set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, this time aiming for the "young adult" crowd. No writers or cast are yet attached.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/marvel-c...201747907/
AIt's as if we made that happen with our minds, talking about these two characters earlier this week in the Supes/Batfleck thread.
ADagger's costume make Vampirella look like a prude.
A[quote name="Reasor" url="/community/t/155378/marvels-cloak-and-dagger-on-freeform#post_4044602"]It's as if we made that happen with our minds, talking about these two characters earlier this week in the Supes/Batfleck thread.[/quote]

Now we need to make a Brother Voodoo show happen.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reasor View Post

It's as if we made that happen with our minds, talking about these two characters earlier this week in the Supes/Batfleck thread.

Proof that Feige reads CHUD!

Looks awful.

AReminds me of Smallville, and I was a generation too old for that show when it was new. And that's okay. I'm not the only audience this genre has.

Sneak Peek

No one's watching at all? That's a shame, because this is easily one of the very best shows Marvel TV has done to date.
The pacing is deliberate, but not slow. The characters and supporting cast are all fully realised and feel like actual people.
The retooling of the mythology and location change to New Orleans just plain works. And the two leads have undeniable chemistry together. In the back end of the season now (6 out of 10 eps total) and for my money it's right, right up there.
Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes.
I’m an episode behind but enjoying so far. The leads are good enough, the plot is interesting as are the thematically, although they can get a bit heavy handed at times.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
(07-06-2018, 11:50 PM)superlaser Wrote: I’m an episode behind but enjoying so far. The leads are good enough, the plot is interesting as are the thematically, although they can get a bit heavy handed at times.

It is at times, yeah, but not too often thankfully.  When it's not, I find it's quite maturely handled - pretty much the exact opposite of the typical teen drama everyone was expecting.
Love how subtle the effects are, too - that shot of Tyrone teleporting back to the bench with all the water looked great!
Well that was pretty great for a timeloop episode.
Little thing - I love that there's absolutely no sound FX at all for Cloaks teleport. Makes it rather surreal.
Renewed for Season 2.
(07-20-2018, 09:28 PM)Felix Wrote: Renewed for Season 2.

Glad to hear it.  Show has been great, and word is they are going much more fantastical with the villains next year.

Con trailer for this season's last two episodes looks NUTS!

Man, that was dark. And mature.

Like, in the proper sense.
So I haven't been watching this, but I take it from that trailer that the villain's big plan does, in fact, involve digging a giant hole somewhere?
(07-28-2018, 03:15 PM)Fafhrd Wrote: So I haven't been watching this, but I take it from that trailer that the villain's big plan does, in fact, involve digging a giant hole somewhere?

Kinda, but not how you'd expect.  Their whole origin is tied into a Roxxon oil rig explosion 8 years ago that resulted in tragedy for both of their families.  Eight years later where the story picks up, we discover that they were digging for oil, but found something else.  Since they covered it all up (because Roxxon) and carried on with their city contract to instill ducting and vents all through the city, what they found is about to become a big problem.

I'm not shitting you when I say this is one of the best written, impressive comic book shows I've seen in years, and being a huge fan of the comics I came into this with very low expectations.  Never been happier to be wrong - folks are missing out.
Finished off the season tonight and holy hell what a great show this turned out to be. Excellent stuff!
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
(08-04-2018, 03:18 AM)headless fett Wrote: Finished off the season tonight and holy hell what a great show this turned out to be. Excellent stuff!

Yep, that ended as strongly as it ran throughout the season.  Love how the two leads have effectively swapped places from the season premiere.  Can't wait for season 2, the introduction of Mayhem and more fantastical elements - bring it on!