Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STAR TREK: DISCOVERY (2017)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman View Post

Are you a fan of Enterprise D?

Wow. This thread got all kinds of sexy in a hurry.

Carry on!

Aa thread full of... ENTERPRISING YOUNG MEN

-michael giacchino

Freeman is mostly right. That Venture Class skin on the Galaxy is beautiful, but you have to do some mix and matching to get it to look its best. I love that version of the big D.

A[quote name="Freeman" url="/community/t/155419/star-trek-discovery-2017/90#post_4107308"]Are you a fan of Enterprise D?
[/quote]
Yeah, but only for nostalgic reasons. As an isolated design, it leaves something to be desired.

It looks like a futuristic diaphragm!

And no I'm not a big fan of the TNG era of ship designs.

You guys are fuddy duddy's!

That Guardian ship IS awesome Agent!

Vulcan captain?

A[quote name="ScottieFerguson" url="/community/t/155419/star-trek-discovery-2017/100#post_4107361"]
Vulcan captain?[/quote]
Connectix QuickCam?
[IMG ALT=""]http://www.chud.com/community/content/type/61/id/225627/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]
AUnsuprisingly, it looks like what we saw is still being worked on..

http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/07/star-tr...not-final/
A[quote name="Freeman" url="/community/t/155419/star-trek-discovery-2017/90#post_4107287"]I just hope I'll get used to it.  A fuck ugly ship that I never get used to, as superficial and stupid as it is, is something that will be tough for me to overlook.  

Speaking of which Stock the Next Generation Enterprise is SEXY.  
[/quote]

I've never gotten the love (speaking aesthetically only here) for the ENT-D.

Saucer seems funhouse-mirror sized compared to the teeny tiny nacelles, it's got a thick, stubby neck like a wrestler (or a Cardassian), and it's the color of pewter.

Also the nacelles sit below the level of the saucer section, which is just madness.
A[quote name="Freeman" url="/community/t/155419/star-trek-discovery-2017/90#post_4107308"]Are you a fan of Enterprise D?
[/quote]

How some folks find that thick necked, stubby nacelled, gunmetal colored ship attractive I'll never know. Sometimes there's just one right answer:
[Image: 400][Image: 400]

Accept no substitutes.

Related topic: I've heard the warp effect got an update in Beyond, which I'm looking forward to seeing... For my money, no Trek has nailed going to Warp as effectively as The Motion Picture.

This:
[Image: 400]
Over this:
[Image: 400]
Any day.
AI dig both the refit and the D almost equally. Of course, I grew up watching both as my Enterprises as they were the primary ships at the time I got into Trek.

I feel like the original Enterprise is going to have the nacelle's snap off.

AI've never been fond of the D either. It looks like something from that awful era in the '90s when everybody was trying to make consumer electronics look like...well, the Enterprise-D, come to think of it. It looks like its own bath toy.

That said, while the refit is sleek as all hell, my One True Enterprise is always going to be The Original:

[IMG ALT=""]http://www.chud.com/community/content/type/61/id/225668/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]

Ohhh yes. That is one sexy-ass starship.

The Nacelles look like shit.  Seriously when it goes to warp those fugly little twigs are snapping clean off.

Nostalgia has poisoned your aesthetic decisions.

AIt's okay, Freeman. One day you'll understand.
Quote:

Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post

I've never been fond of the D either. It looks like something from that awful era in the '90s when everybody was trying to make consumer electronics look like...well, the Enterprise-D, come to think of it. It looks like its own bath toy.

That said, while the refit is sleek as all hell, my One True Enterprise is always going to be The Original:

Ohhh yes. That is one sexy-ass starship.

We may not agree on much but on this we are Classic Trek brothers.

It looks like shit it makes me want to puke ewwwwww.

AOh Freeman.

The only ugly Enterprise is the first JJ ship from 2009.
A[quote name="Headless Fett" url="/community/t/155419/star-trek-discovery-2017/100#post_4108024"]We may not agree on much but on this we are Classic Trek brothers.[/quote]
Solidarity, friend.
A[quote name="Mr. Stockslivevan" url="/community/t/155419/star-trek-discovery-2017/120#post_4108026"]Oh Freeman.

The only ugly Enterprise is the first JJ ship from 2009.[/quote]
I dunno. The Enterprise C isn't exactly a looker and the B is a little over designed.
AThey're just guest ships, I was thinking the main Enterprises.

Movie-refit all the way. Never been topped before or since.

Holy God, that's one beautiful design.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

You're probably gonna laugh at me but Voyager's my favourite looking Star Trek ship.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Such sleek and elegant lines. And I kind of prefer the oblong top part to the traditional saucer look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman View Post

How old are you, anyway?

AFreeman's just being a provocateur. Come on buddy, that refit Enterprise is gooooorgeous.

I do like Voyager in concept. It does look more like a small science vessel that wasn't meant for long term voyages like Kirk and Picard's ships were. What bugged me as the show went on is that they would retcon it into the most advanced starship of its time as if to explain away why it has been handling itself too well into the show. In those early episodes they really make it a point that they're working on reserves and are desperate for resources (although having the holodeck is stupid). By the end of the show it's still in prestine order, despite the initial concept of the show.
AI'm sorry, Voyager looks like what would happen if Syd and Marty Kroft designed a suppository.

Everyone knows the best ship is the Defiant.

A[quote name="Freeman" url="/community/t/155419/star-trek-discovery-2017/100_50#post_4108079"]Everyone knows the best ship is the Defiant.  
[/quote]

Aka: Ben Sisko's Motherfuckin' Pimp Hand.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Stockslivevan View Post

I do like Voyager in concept. It does look more like a small science vessel that wasn't meant for long term voyages like Kirk and Picard's ships were. What bugged me as the show went on is that they would retcon it into the most advanced starship of its time as if to explain away why it has been handling itself too well into the show. In those early episodes they really make it a point that they're working on reserves and are desperate for resources (although having the holodeck is stupid). By the end of the show it's still in prestine order, despite the initial concept of the show.

Yeah, I'm currently almost finished with a rewatch of BSG and one of the many, MANY things I love about the show is how fucked up the Galactica looks by S4 compared to the beginning. All the blast and scorch marks visible on the hull shows you the hell the ship has been through. The whole show does the same concept about a thousand times better than Voyager ever did. With food, fuel and water all being issues that are actually addressed a few times in the show.

VOYAGER sucked. Oh how it sucked.

Then came ENTERPRISE and it tried not to suck but it ended up being terrible.

The DISCOVERY ship is the best Trek ship since the old school/movie refit Enterprise

AENTERPRISE got good in the last two seasons, but too little too late.

Wasn't it all a simulation or some nonsense?

A[quote name="Freeman" url="/community/t/155419/star-trek-discovery-2017/100_50#post_4108088"]Wasn't it all a simulation or some nonsense?
[/quote]

That's just the finale, which has earned its rep among the worst of Trek.

[video]https://youtu.be/qfa2DfuZjbg[/video]