Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avril Lavigne Has Had Just About Enough of Your Nickelback Hating

https://www.yahoo.com/music/world-bigges...00188.html

Quote:

Lavigne’s argument is pretty accurate, though. There’s no metric to measure who truly adores Nickelback, but the group’s Facebook page has over 18 million likes. In 2011, Billboard reported that Nickelback really had sold over 50 million worldwide. But Lavigne’s “17 #1 hit singles” claim is questionable; Nickelback only has one No. 1 hit in the U.S. and that’s 2001’s “How You Remind Me.”

I mean, this is Nickelback post in 2016, so who cares?  I'm sort of getting a laugh out of this, though, and I am surprised Avril Lavigne didn't defend her husband's band on Twitter before.

AI like Nickelback.

Any time you see rain, Bradito; that's God crying over your terrible musical choices.

AFunny. It never rains where I live.

God turned his gaze from California a long time ago.

NIckleback is....okay?  I know quite a bit of their songs because they were everywhere in the mid-00s, but I've always had trouble imagining anyone who genuinely likes this band. Like, what kind of person would actually say that NIckleback is their favorite band.

Crappy pop star defends shitty "rock" band. All that horrible sex with Chad must have damaged her brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

I like Nickelback.

Is this post from 2002?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codename View Post

God turned his gaze from California a long time ago.

Does it have the highest number of Nickelback fans living in one place, by any chance?

A[quote name="User_32" url="/community/t/155472/avril-lavigne-has-had-just-about-enough-of-your-nickelback-hating#post_4065419"]
Is this post from 2002?

[/quote]

I have the "Spider-Man " soundtrack. It's carried me through so many hours of L.A. traffic.

So that's why your dating life sucks. You're unworthy of love.

AProbably.

Since I'm not 16 any more I don't really give a shit what music you like or don't like.  But the Nickleback hate is pretty equatable to Justin Bieber hate.  It's gotten so overblown where I think Nickleback/Bieber haters spend more time thinking about that band/artist than their fans do.

And I just cannot bring myself to care in the slightest.

Well you should, Codey. If a Nickelback fan moved in next door to you, your property value would instantly decrease. Nobody wants to live next door to a guy playing "Photograph" on repeat.

As long as he keeps his dogs in his own fucking yard he'll already be better than my current neighbours.

Or that cunt from down the street that insists on revving his Harley into the fucking red at 9 in the morning on a Sunday when I'm trying to sleep in.

* This post is sponsored by the Tired Shit thread.  

I saw Nickelback live before they were big (no, I wasn't there for them) so as something of an authority on whether they suck or not, I assure you that they do, but not as much as every other band that played that night. Their songs are shit, but they at the very least could perform with some semblance of competency and professionalism.

My friend's dad is the singer/guitarist in a cover band that plays Photograph in their setlist. The dad has always been a jerk to me whenever I run into him, too.

Nickelback is music for jerkdads.

AI immediately wanted to ask you what a Def Leppard cover band has to do with anything, but I assume Nickelback also has a track called Photograph. I guess that lends credence to the common criticism of the band.

I'd like to use this opportunity to mildly derail this thread and inject some Matthew Good into this forum, one of the most consistently awesome Canadian musicians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post

I immediately wanted to ask you what a Def Leppard cover band has to do with anything, but I assume Nickelback also has a track called Photograph. I guess that lends credence to the common criticism of the band.

Yeah, it's the Nickelback one. The dad's band does covers from a bunch of random artists. They're also too lazy to play the proper solos and lead lines on Zeppelin tunes. Chad Kroeger would approve, I'm sure.

Now let's all enjoy some fine tunage.

AWhat's Robbie the Robot doing photobombing them?
Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAncient View Post

I'd like to use this opportunity to mildly derail this thread and inject some Matthew Good into this forum.

A very noble cause. I consider myself lucky that my cable provider had MuchMusic throughout the 90's.

If anyone here talks shit about Big Wreck or Ian Thornley, I'll straight up cut you.

Hmmm, let me think...I'll throw down for Broken Social Scene, Kathleen Edwards, Sarah Harmer, Rush, Our Lady Peace, Chantal Kreviazuk, and The Tea Party* (*name not their fault, formed, in the early 90s).

ASkinny Puppy, fools.

Avril Lavigne wrote a letter to Zuckerberg now about Nickelback:

Sorry.  I don't know why I find this interesting.

AI still like Nickelback.

Holy shit! I never knew the Tea Party (my favourite band) and Big Wreck (also great) were ever mentioned in a CHUD thread before.

Maybe they'll be playing at Trump's inauguration? That would be too perfect for words.

AWho? The Tea Party? Unfortunately their name, which they've had since the early 90s, also happens to be the name of a telvetaively recent politically movement.

That same political movement tried to by heir domain name for a hefty sum but they refused.
Quote:

Originally Posted by catartik View Post

Holy shit! I never knew the Tea Party (my favourite band) and Big Wreck (also great) were ever mentioned in a CHUD thread before.

I picked up recent Tea Party live blu-ray, it's outstanding. They've still got it.

Avril, call me. We can hang out and watch the This Is How You Remind Me video on repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Shaver View Post

If anyone here talks shit about Big Wreck or Ian Thornley, I'll straight up cut you.

Holy hell, someone else here who's heard of the Greatest Band No One's Ever Heard.  Big Wreck is the real fucking deal.  Here's why:

AGhosts was such a great album. I love "I Digress" especially the great outro solo.