Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny Depp Accused Of Domestic Violence
A
Quote:Bingo and I were at Johnny’s house for most of that Saturday until just before the alleged assault. We assumed initially that his dour mood was because of his mother’s death the day before. But he opened up in the most vulnerable of ways that it was not only his mother, but that Amber was now going to leave him, threatening to lie about him publicly in any and every possible duplicitous way if he didn’t agree to her terms. Blackmail is what I would imagine other people might put it, including the manner in which he is now being vilified.

http://www.thewrap.com/johnny-depp-is-be...st-column/

I always tend to default to the woman's side with these things, but I think this one is pretty clearly somewhere in the middle.

So, she hit herself?

Okay.

Ah, good point.  I forgot about the black eye.

Are we really going to lend any credence to the word of Doug fucking Stanhope on this story?

I see that Paradis claims he was never abusive in their fourteen years together, and is defending his character. Of course, this doesn't prove that the accusations aren't true but, along with the above article (I don't know who Doug Stanhope is, so I'm taking it at face value) it certainly makes me question them.

Apparently Heard has video of him abusing her according to TMZ.  The existence of that would put this to rest right away.

Haven't seen a Johnny Depp movie since Pirates 2 (unless you count his Jump Street cameo, or an attempt at the first 10 minutes of Rango). I'm fine continuing that streak, either way this goes.

So, Doug Stanhope says Johnny says she is lying. it is also possible Johnny is lying abbout her lying. It is also possible that Doug Stanhope is a suckup attention-whore. Many things are possible. Who the hell knows. Only the Three-Eyed Raven knows.

I mean...  It's unlikely she pulled a Gone Girl and she's next level amazingly crazy.  It seems pretty obvious she got hit by a phone no matter what, which is the issue.  But the rest reminds me of that Fresh Prince Rashamon episode where both parties make the other look like absolute monsters, while the truth is right smack dab in the middle.  I could see Heard falling hard for the idea of this man, and then doing what shitty young women can often do and manipulating and fucking him around.  I could also see Johnny, a man who's 52 and dating a young girl who's so much younger than him and so hot that she's textbook trophy girl material, not taking her very seriously or treating her with a lack of respect he wouldn't show his other relationships.  Presumably, Mel Gibson was the same thing unless there's stories of abuse from his younger life I don't know about.  If I was dating Amber Heard you're got damn fucking right I'd be paranoid.  I'd be super paranoid that she would realize any second that I'm not funny enough, or good looking enough or interesting enough to be with Amber fucking Heard.

But instead of throwing a phone at her I'd put a ring on her and knock her up and treat her right.

AI don't like Johnny Depp.

I can tolerate him in some of his earlier movies, but I find him increasingly lazy as an actor and just totally insufferable as a person.

Now, I work in a field that deals with domestic abusers, and studies show that abusers are abusers are abusers.

I don't know what Depp's relationship history is like. I don't know if there have every been court room settlements and gag orders behind the scenes regarding his abusiveness before. I've never read anything of the sort prior to this. So I have a truly hard time believing that, considering what I just said, a 50 year old man all of a sudden becomes abusive towards a spouse. It's just totally bizarre. All of his ex partners would have gone through the exact same cycle of violence. Abusers don't just abuse one partner, then not abuse the next two or three partners, then abuse the next one. It just doesn't happen like that.

Maybe Depp is the exception to the rule, but I remain skeptical of the allegation.

You can't believe that somebody could piss you off enough or wound you enough for you to throw a phone at them?

I feel like doing that to you guys in almost every thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catartik View Post

Now, I work in a field that deals with domestic abusers, and studies show that abusers are abusers are abusers.

I don't know what Depp's relationship history is like. I don't know if there have every been court room settlements and gag orders behind the scenes regarding his abusiveness before. I've never read anything of the sort prior to this. So I have a truly hard time believing that, considering what I just said, a 50 year old man all of a sudden becomes abusive towards a spouse. It's just totally bizarre. All of his ex partners would have gone through the exact same cycle of violence. Abusers don't just abuse one partner, then not abuse the next two or three partners, then abuse the next one. It just doesn't happen like that.

Maybe Depp is the exception to the rule, but I remain skeptical of the allegation.

That's what I'm thinking. I was gonna mention Sean Penn's marriage with Madonna but a quick search shows that he was never actually charged with anything, and the whole thing was probably the yellow press getting fed up with him beating the shit out of their paparazzis. Though Depp seems to be going through some kind of a life-crisis, appearing drunk in interviews and galas, etc. So he might be a different man now than he was with Paradis or Ryder.

The death of his mother apparently hit him quite hard (no pun intended) and probably accounts for some of that crisis. The two were supposedly best friends as well as mother-son.

A[quote name="Freeman" url="/community/t/155529/johnny-depp-accused-of-domestic-violence#post_4074182"]Apparently Heard has video of him abusing her according to TMZ.  The existence of that would put this to rest right away.  
[/quote]

If Heard or TMZ had video, they'd release it. There's no way to say that you have video, but you're sitting on it, that doesn't make you sound like you're shaking somebody down.
AIF they do have something, they'll release it bit by bit milking it for all its worth like Mel Gibson's phone calls to his Russian girlfriend.
AI'm beginning to turn here. Paradis speaking on his behalf and then Stanhope and Heard not releasing the alleged video? There are problems here. I'm not saying he didn't get pissed and throw a phone at her, but outside of that...

If there is video, and Heard wants this incident dealt with in the court of public opinion instead of the appropriate court it should be dealt with in, it does no favours to victims of domestic violence that are not famous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelios View Post

So, she hit herself?

Okay.

Have a dear friend who I've been close with since we were 9 or 10, over 30 years. He lives in Florida now (no accounting for taste). Married a very warm, appealing, and attractive woman some time ago, who shortly thereafter opted to stop taking her meds - she is a diagnosed bi polar and manic depressive. None of which is a joke, but her meds always helped.

After she ceased her medication, things went south quickly. During the subsequent divorce/custody trial, when it seemed like he would get custody of their baby daughter, she ultimately slammed her own fingers in a kitchen drawer, breaking them, and then slammed her head into the coffee table. Then said that my friend abused her, leading to his arrest.

Certainly not suggesting Heard's damage was self inflicted, but it does happen.

An actress friend of mine from Austin grew up with Amber Heard (high school, then acting partners later).  Based on the stories she told me, Heard sounds like a certifiable nutjob.  Heard also had a horrible reputation in the Austin acting community before fame.  Pretty well known manipulator, opportunist, very good at putting a "spell" over guys.  Pretty much a tamer version of Gone Girl.

Not saying it didn't happen, but...

AAMBLIN!!!!

RAMBLER!!!

ANice to see you. Hope you're back for more than a single post.
ANever leave us again Ambler.

A[quote name="Ambler" url="/community/t/155529/johnny-depp-accused-of-domestic-violence/50#post_4074425"]An actress friend of mine from Austin grew up with Amber Heard (high school, then acting partners later).  Based on the stories she told me, Heard sounds like a certifiable nutjob.  Heard also had a horrible reputation in the Austin acting community before fame.  Pretty well known manipulator, opportunist, very good at putting a "spell" over guys.  Pretty much a tamer version of Gone Girl.

Not saying it didn't happen, but...
[/quote]

Nice to have you back, but I'd take that with about a million pounds of salt. I mean, it's not the interweb's job to adjudicate this case, but at the same time I feel like that kind of rumor has almost no relevance to the matter at hand and just serves to give people who want to victim blame an excuse to do so. (Not accusing you of that.)
AHeard posing in a now deleted photo post abuse all smiles and chillin' and shit...

I mean there's no rule against enjoying life without friends after your husband abuses you... But I dunno man. This is odd.
Aoh man it's gonna get weirder

Meanwhile, in Germany...

Quote:
Originally Posted by catartik View Post

If there is video, and Heard wants this incident dealt with in the court of public opinion instead of the appropriate court it should be dealt with in, it does no favours to victims of domestic violence that are not famous.

This.  Many victims of domestic violence already struggle to come forward with their stories, and some never do because they're afraid of being doubted and vilified.  If Amber Heard's allegations are false, there will be yet another high-profile case that discourages some abuse victims from subjecting themselves to the heightened scrutiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey View Post

Nice to have you back, but I'd take that with about a million pounds of salt. I mean, it's not the interweb's job to adjudicate this case, but at the same time I feel like that kind of rumor has almost no relevance to the matter at hand and just serves to give people who want to victim blame an excuse to do so. (Not accusing you of that.)

I think it's fair game considering 1. the cops investigated and found no evidence of abuse (starfuckers or not, the justice system still has some weight).  2. Heard keeps advertising a tape that's basically vaporware at this point.  3. Her pretty well known reputation as a horrible, manipulative individual.

It's no less valid than villifying Depp because he possibly, maybe, might have abused somebody.

A[quote name="mcnooj82" url="/community/t/155529/johnny-depp-accused-of-domestic-violence/60#post_4074484"]oh man it's gonna get weirder[/quote]Yeah.

So I'm just gonna check out. If something definite comes out and settles the matter, fine, but it's not my job to arbitrate this dispute and put Heard or Depp on trial. Treating an ugly relationship dispute between celebs as irresistible entertainment may be as American as apple pie, but it isn't good for my soul.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agentsands77 View Post

Yeah.

So I'm just gonna check out. If something definite comes out and settles the matter, fine, but it's not my job to arbitrate this dispute and put Heard or Depp on trial. Treating an ugly relationship dispute between celebs as irresistible entertainment may be as American as apple pie, but it isn't good for my soul.

Pussy.

A[Image: 200w.gif]
AThere's definitely a feeling of driving past a car wreck on the highway to stories like this.

Difference is, I can bring myself to look away from the car wreck and let the injured drivers and passengers have some dignity. Everyone involved in this story is paid more to sing, dance, play make believe, or model clothes than we pay pediatricians. They'll all be fine.
AI hope Heard is psycho and manipulative, because when the dust settles on all of this, I'm going to move out to L.A. and try to land a date with her. She sounds like an adventure and I'm tough, I can take it.