Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Johnny Depp Accused Of Domestic Violence
#71

I hope Depp's innocent and this incident + ALICE sequel tanking give him some sort of moment of clarity. And he remembers that he used to be one of the most charismatic human beings ever to walk past a camera. I also hope Ethan Hawke and Keanu Reeves gang up to kidnap him, take him to some desolate location and force-teach him how to age gracefully.

Reply
#72
Quote:

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post

I hope Heard is psycho and manipulative, because when the dust settles on all of this, I'm going to move out to L.A. and try to land a date with her. She sounds like an adventure and I'm tough, I can take it.


That's what they all say

Reply
#73

Look!  She's manipulating him already!

Reply
#74

Depp's fall as a movie-star is the same as Burt Reynolds, Stallone and Eddie Murphy before him. Spent years phoning it in with one shitty film after another (...after another) and earning untold millions in the process before audiences had enough and moved on. Alice 2 bombing had nothing to do with this (I've seen think-pieces trying to claim it as the case). It was always going to fail just like Pirates 4 under-performed stateside and the likes of Dark ShadowsThe Lone Ranger, Transcendence and Mortdecai all flopped hard. Personally Pirates 2 is when I checked out on his "colorful weirdo" routine.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Reasor View Post

If Heard or TMZ had video, they'd release it. There's no way to say that you have video, but you're sitting on it, that doesn't make you sound like you're shaking somebody down.


My initial reaction to the allegations was to stay out of it because I had no idea either way. Something I saw several friends sadly take the opposite approach immediately labeling him guilty and thus a piece of shit (That in itself continues to be one of the evils of Facebook/Twitter/Social Media as a whole). Though part of me recalled how (his phoning it in onscreen notwithstanding) Depp has one of the better reputations among film crews and generally how he treats fans off-camera.



But yeah the fact is you don't go around saying you have a smoking gun and keep it hidden the whole time. If you have it, drop it. Otherwise you're full of shit and anything you claim becomes moot. Smells like bullshit to me personally.

Reply
#75

I was talking about this the other day with a friend over dinner... a friend who's pretty 'scared' of the online mob.



Until any irrefutable evidence/facts comes out of this, the chatter over this story (and any other HOT STORY these days) has very little to do with the actual people involved and more to do with us, the people chattering about it in our spare time/at work/supposed to be at work/procrastinating.



If something like this had come along when Depp was between Pirates 1 and 2, he would be getting a LOT more benefit of the doubt (putting aside that the social media side of this is so completely different from what it was back then).  Because the man had just become a mega-star and we were all in love with him for entertaining us so thoroughly.



Now is the 'best' time for a negative story like this to stick, because as Jamie's post above suggests... "What has Depp done for me lately?  Mortdecai? Transcendence?  Lone Ranger?  Well fuck him then, he's guilty."  And as usual, I include myself in such company.




I don't get the train of thought behind keeping the 'smoking gun' under wraps as some kind of "coming soon" treat.  Shouldn't it be pretty obvious how suspicious that comes across if someone wants to have their claim of abuse taken seriously?  Did Heard see what happened with Cosby over the past couple of years and decide that she ride that wave of the culture finally starting to take victims' claims seriously?



SO WEIRD.

Reply
#76
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post
 

If something like this had come along when Depp was between Pirates 1 and 2, he would be getting a LOT more benefit of the doubt (putting aside that the social media side of this is so completely different from what it was back then).  Because the man had just become a mega-star and we were all in love with him for entertaining us so thoroughly.



Now is the 'best' time for a negative story like this to stick, because as Jamie's post above suggests... "What has Depp done for me lately?  Mortdecai? Transcendence?  Lone Ranger?  Well fuck him then, he's guilty."  And as usual, I include myself in such company.



That is primarily what is fueling the "HE DID IT!" narrative. Because his films have been shitty for years now. Because that totally determines guilt or innocence. Which speaks to how Goddamn petty and childish social media is.



So if anyone from the MCU burns down a hospital full of special-needs children, they're in the clear. Because Civil War was EMERMYGAWD AMAZEBAAAALLS!

Reply
#77
Quote:

Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
 


That is primarily what is fueling the "HE DID IT!" narrative. Because his films have been shitty for years now. Because that totally determines guilt or innocence. Which speaks to how Goddamn petty and childish social media is.



Really, this has never not been the case in some way when it comes to matters of crime, celebrity, and the audience.  Social media just makes exponentially faster and more prone to impulsive maneuvers on all sides.

Reply
#78
A[quote name="FilmNerdJamie" url="/community/t/155529/johnny-depp-accused-of-domestic-violence/60#post_4075284"]
That is primarily what is fueling the "HE DID IT!" narrative. Because his films have been shitty for years now. Because that totally determines guilt or innocence. Which speaks to how Goddamn petty and childish social media is.

So if anyone from the MCU burns down a hospital full of special-needs children, they're in the clear. Because Civil War was EMERMYGAWD AMAZEBAAAALLS! 
[/quote]

Wait till Leonardo DiCaprio goes nuts and blows up a yacht full of supermodels.
Reply
#79
AYou know I think Lone Ranger might be my John Carter. I have a real soft spot for Westerns.
Reply
#80
Ahttps://ca.yahoo.com/news/amber-heards-monthly-expenses-revealed-230000005.html

Oh geez. Heard just released some financial info to prove she's independent. Average monthly income of 10K, average monthly expense of about 40K...

2k on clothes per month. 2K on groceries. 2K on eating out... That is 6K and we haven't even talked about the entertainment budget which is 10k. Her entertainment budget alone is equal to her monthly income.

It's like she wants her cake and to eat it too. On one side she doesn't want to be painted as a useless twat so she claims she's an independent woman worthy of respect. But also wants to be paid for doing fuck all because why not? Lol. I don't spend 2k on clothes in a year.
Reply
#81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman View Post

You know I think Lone Ranger might be my John Carter. I have a real soft spot for Westerns.


Right there with ya.  I've watched the third act of THE LONE RANGER quite a few times.  If the first two thirds of the movie had been more streamlined, it would have been a classic.

Reply
#82
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post
 


Now is the 'best' time for a negative story like this to stick, because as Jamie's post above suggests... "What has Depp done for me lately?  Mortdecai? Transcendence?  Lone Ranger?  Well fuck him then, he's guilty."  And as usual, I include myself in such company.




Quote:

Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
 


That is primarily what is fueling the "HE DID IT!" narrative. Because his films have been shitty for years now. Because that totally determines guilt or innocence.




Well, those films do establish a clear pattern of abuse.

Reply
#83
ATranscendence actually had a sort of good script that was floating around. They changed or modified juuuuuust enough to fuck that all up though. There was a love triangle sort of plot that was actually GOOD for the story that made it work they totally axed.
Reply
#84

So I guess the video finally got out. Hard to believe a man once so beloved and respected could be capable of something like this




Reply
#85
Quote:

Originally Posted by User_32 View Post
 





Not to make too light of a situation that's very sad however it ends up shaking out, but is this picture a publicity shot for a Birdcage remake? Because if it isn't, it should be. That's adorable.

Reply
#86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman View Post

You know I think Lone Ranger might be my John Carter. I have a real soft spot for Westerns.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post
 


Right there with ya.  I've watched the third act of THE LONE RANGER quite a few times.  If the first two thirds of the movie had been more streamlined, it would have been a classic.


Love that third act.  When I bring up LONE RANGER, I'm only referring to how it's perceived by the public.



I actually find it a fascinating misfire.  I've been trying to get a friend to watch it, since he loves westerns.  I wanna know what he will think of it.

Reply
#87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman View Post

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/amber-heards-m...00005.html

Oh geez. Heard just released some financial info to prove she's independent. Average monthly income of 10K, average monthly expense of about 40K...

2k on clothes per month. 2K on groceries. 2K on eating out... That is 6K and we haven't even talked about the entertainment budget which is 10k. Her entertainment budget alone is equal to her monthly income.


Releasing this information was supposed to help her case?

Reply
#88

It's all to keep up the illusion of success that gets you cast in that NEXT BIG BLOCKBUSTER!!!!



Don't you know how Hollywood works???

Reply
#89

Curiouser and curiouser...



Quote:
 The 2 officers who interviewed Amber Heard the night she was allegedly attacked by Johnny Depp have spoken with LAPD brass, and our sources say they are adamant ... Amber had no visible injuries.

The officers spoke with superiors Tuesday afternoon and said they had no idea Johnny Depp was involved at all -- the 911 call came in under the name Heard, and they did not associate her with Depp.

The 2 cops say the information they had when they knocked at her door was only that there was a domestic dispute. Amber opened the door just a crack but would not let them in. They questioned her through the door and she said it was a simple verbal argument with her husband. She never mentioned Depp by name.

The officers told her they needed to make sure she wasn't declining help under duress, so they insisted on coming in and speaking with her. Amber obliged, and the officers say they looked at her closely enough to determine there were no marks, swelling or bruising on her face or other exposed parts of her body.

Our LAPD sources say precisely what several doctors told us ... if Johnny threw an iPhone at her pitcher style, and then followed up with hair-pulling and hitting, there would have been swelling at the very least, and most probably some immediate bruising or redness. The officers saw nothing.

The cops insist if they had seen any sign of injury they would have taken a report and tracked down the husband.


http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/01/amber-hear...hnny-depp/

Reply
#90

On the next season of AMERICAN CRIME STORY...

Reply
#91
ASo we have cops testimony, Doug Stanhope and his gf and evidently more friends, ex wife testimony of no history of violence, a deleted photo of a smiling untroubled/bruised Heard, a video that doesn't exist yet, an absolutely delusional concept of money and how to spend it which looks awfully gold diggery...

I've got a cop friend who I once talked to about a break and enter. The thing is cops can smell bullshit pretty easily. They see a thousand of EVERYTHING. Domestic abuse calls probably being the most common. So they know the patterns and what to look for. So if the cops got a whif of something not quite right that speaks volumes.
Reply
#92

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...dding.html



Quote:

 

When you Google the term “actors charged with domestic abuse”—as I did following theTMZ report that actress Amber Heard is seeking a restraining order against Johnny Depp, whom she filed for divorce from after one year of marriage this week—you are greeted with a slideshow of 80 celebrities who have been charged with the crime.


Eighty. 


Ten times the number of people who attended my last birthday party.



Half the people who will attend my sister’s wedding.


Eighty.


The number of those celebrities for whom those charges negatively affected their careers? Roughly, zero. 



...




This is not to vilify any of these male celebrities. Perhaps they are truly apologetic for their actions and have completely reformed. Luckily, their industry has never rebuked them, making that reform so much easier!


We live in an age when, if someone sends a bad tweet, we put their career in a casket and dance on their grave. Beating people is OK, though.

Reply
#93
ASigh. Thank god I don't care about this. Because this is descending into some ugly shit
Reply
#94

Am I strange for not feeling the need to immediately villify Depp or cast doubt on Heard?

Reply
#95

you're NUTS!!!!

Reply
#96
AYOURE OUT OF IT MIKEL

OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!!
Reply
#97

Fine. #TemHeard

Reply
#98

The Rum Diary is gonna be one weird re-watch!

Reply
#99
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post
 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...dding.html





"Charged" does not equate to "found guilty".



I know we've collectively decided that Judge and Jury aren't nearly as good as TMZ in prosecuting crimes, but legally at least there is still a presumption of innocence.

Reply
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post
 

It's all to keep up the illusion of success that gets you cast in that NEXT BIG BLOCKBUSTER!!!!



Don't you know how Hollywood works???




I always wonder about this. Because I think the real Hollywood players see right past the bullshit, and it's only the bottom feeders who believe it. And have a vested interest in doing so (namely, sucking as much cash and reflected cheap notoriaty from Heard as they can)

Reply



Yeaaaaaaah.... she's full of shit.



http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/02/amber-hear...ce-report/

Reply
AHmm, I haven't been following this, because ugghhhh, but I had kind of assumed Depp's guilt. Now that I'm following it, I have to be the asshole in my friend circle and say he might well be getting framed. Which is actually kind of worse, in a lot of ways. That Stanhope testimony is pretty compelling, and this new line of bullshit from Heard, that she's decided not to release this supposedly damning proof, because she loves him so much...right after releasing pictures of herself bruised and claiming it was him two days before his blockbuster family movie comes out...

Fuck, Heard. If she's made this whole thing up, that's an amazingly cavalier thing to do.
Reply

Yeah...I've been quiet about this whole thing for a lot of the reasons mentioned but if Heard really made all of this up, she needs to fuck off.



False accusations like this only make it harder for ACTUAL victims of abuse to be believed and taken seriously.

Reply
A[quote name="mcnooj82" url="/community/t/155529/johnny-depp-accused-of-domestic-violence/60#post_4075468"]On the next season of AMERICAN CRIME STORY...
[/quote]

Starring Paul Bettany as Johnny Depp, Eddie Redmayne as Amber Heard and Johnny Depp as everyone else.
Reply

She will be lucky to get work after this blows over. Sounds like heir to the throne of Sean Young.



http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq...ion-899504

Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)