Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OUTCAST on Cinemax

First episode was amazing,  it's been a bit hit and miss since which is a shame because I really like some of the characters

Took me a while to recognize brent spiner aka data from star trek tng. good to see him getting work

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipDouglas View Post

First episode was amazing,  it's been a bit hit and miss since which is a shame because I really like some of the characters

Not too different from that other Kirkman show - apart from featuring a few more likeable characters.

It's still worth watching but nothing so far has lived up to the promise of that pilot.

I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!

Well the last few episodes have certainly muddied the waters a bit, morally speaking.

So what's the deal with Sidney? Did he let the flashback kid go because he was morally repulsed by his host's actions? It certainly doesn't help him fly under the radar to have half-naked boys running for their lives out the front door of his home -- I can only imagine he would've had to clear out pretty quickly after that. So it wasn't a pragmatic move.

I'm betting Kyle gets off the fence at season's end, when whatever the demons' ultimate agenda happens to be is ultimately revealed.

Yeah, it's not as clear cut as I thought it was going to be which makes it all the more interesting.  Ultimately the real threat from the demons will be revealed because this isn't a show about co-existing with possessed people.

#PosessedLivesMatter.

This episode's events have been the most interesting Kirkman related plot development I've ever seen. I'm really intrigued at where the show is going now.

They really pulled the rug out from under me this episode. I can't wait to see where they go with this. Anderson's downfall has been painful to watch.

I've been utterly convinced for a while that these people are possessed by renegade angels rather than demons. The recent revelation by the Church caretaker that he felt warmth whilst possessed only further convinced me that I'm right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post

I've been utterly convinced for a while that these people are possessed by renegade angels rather than demons. The recent revelation by the Church caretaker that he felt warmth whilst possessed only further convinced me that I'm right.

Yes I thought that too. I just hope it isn't something like Aliens.

To be honest, I just want Christopher Walken to turn up, essentially playing the same part as in The Prophecy,

I think they are demons, just more morally neutral as opposed to inherently evil. The "warm" feeling may not have anything to do with the creatures' good or evil nature (or maybe it does... they do come from Hell -- presumably -- after all). On the other hand, maybe that warm feeling is one of acceptance; whereas the soul encourages us to feel shame for our foibles and transgressions, a demonic presence might lack any sort of moral judgment whatsoever. Possessed folks could be experiencing the first moment of true, complete nonjudgmental self-acceptance of their lives.

Well, shit just got real. Fuck.

I had a feeling that might be coming at some point but that was fucking brutal.

I actually did not see that coming so yeah that was crazy.

I'm digging this show, but not loving it yet.  I really liked that episode nine ending, though.

It's certainly keeping with what the show has stated, that they're using Kyle as a guide. It makes sense that his sister would wind up possessed.

Man, the Reverend is turning out to be a bit of an idiot, isn't he?

Idiot? Hardly. Even by accident he rid me of the bane of my existence. Fuck that mopey haired ginger fuck. I hope the fire hurt a lot.

I like that they let the preacher save the day at the end. As crucial as Kyle was, he couldn't do shit locked in a room. That last sequence at the gas station was haunting, we've moved from The Exorcist to Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

So....Kyle is a demon that forgot he was a demon maybe? Or whatever these things are.

That is so Anna from the (fourth?) season of Supernatural.

OUTCAST is back for series 2 ...

They have got to ramp up the action on this thing--OMG it's boring. 2 episodes into series 2 and nothing has happened. Characters move from one location to another encountering reclusive hostile locals, and nothing seems to be happening. If they keep this up SURELY there will be no series 3..everyone will have left long before that. We've seen special effects associated with this 'entity' and it's exciting when it happens, and I know we can't have that every week, but come on guys.

I've got melatonin to help me sleep, don't need this show to zonk me out, thanks...

I never even knew this returned.  Did season two only air in the United Kingdom?

I wonder if Cinemax is ever going to bring this elsewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

I never even knew this returned.  Did season two only air in the United Kingdom?

I wonder if Cinemax is ever going to bring this elsewhere.

Yup, it never aired here, only in the UK. I had to get creative to see the second season. And yeah it's pretty much confirmed it's the last season from what I understand.

Bizarre. The second season's already aired here and I didn't even bother watching. I remember this was considered the *it* show for about two seconds there.

I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!

This show started really well but it lost most of my interest by the end of the first season. once it introduced the hokey Bret Spinner character and started coming up with absurd ways to stop people believing in the priest character. I simply couldn't muster up the enthusiasm to turn back in for the second. 

When Robert Kirkman's Walking Dead comic

got picked up for an AMC series and became a success, suddenly he was a hot property and folks were clamoring to get a piece of that Walking Dead magic.

Another original comic was commissioned by Image Comics called 'Outcast by Kirkman & Azaceta' (yep, that's the proper title)

and, whaddyaknow, it sold well, partially fueled by collectors hoping it would become valuable in the secondary market--I saw issue one for sale for $175.oo.

Cinemax's $ bought the TV series rights for their own potential ratings injection

AMC cloned out another 'Dead' series with Fear The Walking Dead.

completely un memorable and watering-down the franchise.

As for Cinemax's Outcast, according to cancelledscifi.com

(Updated 7/12/17) This show has apparently already aired its second season internationally, but still no word on when it will run on Cinemax in the States. The linear ratings were pretty low in its first season, but allegedly the digital viewing numbers picked up some of the slack. As to when the second season will hit the schedule and whether or not there will be a third season, that is currently up in the air.

The TV Outcast suffered from not enuff of the 'entity' FX. People didn't want a Walking Dead comic or TV series without a constant supply of what they tuned in for in the first place - the creatures,walkers, munchers,shamblers--whatever they called them.  Ditto for Outcast, now oddly living up to it's title.

Did anyone else know this was airing now on Cinemax? I watched the second season like a year ago from the UK. Why are they even bothering airing it? I guess some kind of contractual obligation? Anyway enjoy one last person still watching. It's not a bad season.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina