Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the fuck!? The thread formally known as "I haven't heard a single compelling reason for Britain to leave the EU."
That's probably, and sadly, true. Politics Home has taken down his "obnoxious bigots" article , he's recently joined twitter, and clearly has been taking PR lessons.

Like watching a slow motion car crash where you're trapped in the backseat and the child locks are on.

FWIW

https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/brexiti...government
I've been trying to pay more attention to UK politics thanks to all this stuff, (by listening to James O'Brien roast people mostly, which might be a bit one eyed...) but I think my biggest takeaway, the thing I'm tired of the most is Brexit.
Not the UK leaving the EU, but the word Brexit. It's a godawful Sun headline chimera word that has no business being anywhere near a hansard or any official document . And now it's a permanent fixture of the great English language. Just terrible.
Ha I was thinking that just the other day. I get that it's clunky to have to say "Britain's exit from the EU" every time, but "Brexit" is basically the geopolitical Brangelina.
(Yesterday, 07:12 AM)muzman Wrote: I've been trying to pay more attention to UK politics thanks to all this stuff, (by listening to James O'Brien roast people mostly, which might be a bit one eyed...) but I think my biggest takeaway, the thing I'm tired of the most is Brexit.
Not the UK leaving the EU, but the word Brexit.  It's a godawful Sun headline chimera word that has no business being anywhere near a hansard or any official document .  And now it's a permanent fixture of the great English language.  Just terrible.

I don't know. An ugly, tiresome, unnecessary word pretty much epitomises an ugly, tiresome, unnecessary endeavour. 

O'Brien is pretty good. Yes, he's very much part of the bubble, and sometimes he loses a grip on precision for the sake of rhetoric, but the balance of evidence based argument versus simple talking points is good and he will forever be a favourite of mine for being one of the few (maybe the only one) who successfully goaded Farage into showing his true colours.