Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STRANGER THINGS (Netflix)
It would be cool if season 2 was released on DVD to tide people over till season 3 comes out. This time put some extras and commentary track on it. I like my DVD copy of season 1, but it is a bit of a let down that there weren't any bonus features on it. Keep the retro packing though. Yes I know I can watch it anytime on Netflix, I'm just used to physical media. That last sentence proves I really am a child of the 80s
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
No extras? Really? But that's like, half the appeal of owning shows and movies. You sure you didn't just buy a cheaper no frills edtion? They make those sometimes.
Git' in under mah belly!
Not a damn single extra on STRANGER THINGS: SEASON ONE. Which is why I didn't buy it.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Stranger-T...02/#Review
Same thing for the Daredevil blus. Bare bones.

Netflix sure doesn't want to encourage people to own physical media.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
I really don't care about extras. I want the thing I liked in a format that doesn't depend on my internet connection working or the continued existence of a specific service.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
That's so lame. WTF Netflix?
Git' in under mah belly!
(09-11-2018, 04:20 PM)Richard Dickson Wrote: I really don't care about extras.  I want the thing I liked in a format that doesn't depend on my internet connection working or the continued existence of a specific service.

Ultimately, yeah. But there are some extras - commentaries, interviews - which I really like because they enrich something I already like.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

(09-11-2018, 08:31 PM)MichaelM Wrote:
(09-11-2018, 04:20 PM)Richard Dickson Wrote: I really don't care about extras.  I want the thing I liked in a format that doesn't depend on my internet connection working or the continued existence of a specific service.

Ultimately, yeah. But there are some extras - commentaries, interviews - which I really like because they enrich something I already like.

Right, sure, but lack of such would never be enough to keep me from buying something.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
I own both seasons of Daredevil on blu, so I'm there with you.

I just prefer having extras.

The extras are uncompressed sound and a constant video bitrate.
(09-13-2018, 01:21 AM)Fafhrd Wrote: The extras are uncompressed sound and a constant video bitrate.

Yes - these are big reasons I bought the Daredevil seasons on blu.

My season one DVD did come with a poster for season 2, which is currently jazzing up my cubical at work.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.