Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dishonored 2

Bethesda dropped a new trailer at E3. It's below.

Love that you'll be able to play as either Corvo or Emily. Emily's powers look badass, but I'm wondering about atmosphere, since the city this is set it looks almost Bahamian.

I usually wait a long time to  buy games (prefer waiting for prices to drop) but I might be getting this one pretty soon after release.

That time travel mechanic that Corvo has is fucking cool.  As is that whole mind-link thing.

And I just love how it looks.  Dishonoured had one of the most well-realised and imaginative game worlds I've seen in a long time and getting to explore more of it is just a treat.

A

BAD.

ASS.

ABrb, calling Harvey on the phone and asking if he'd be willing to make me a Dark Forces/Jedi Knight game because Arkane would be perfect for it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mongycore View Post

Brb, calling Harvey on the phone and asking if he'd be willing to make me a Dark Forces/Jedi Knight game because Arkane would be perfect for it.

Oh god yes.

Old School gaming trivia: the voice actor doing Corvo for Dishonored 2....

...is the same one who voiced Garret for the original Thief series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post

Old School gaming trivia: the voice actor doing Corvo for Dishonored 2....

...is the same one who voiced Garret for the original Thief series.

Lovely.

This is sitting ready for me to play and I have to be a corporate drone until 5 PM.

Anyone else already bought this or buying it tomorrow?

I wish. I'd be all over this thing normally.

Supposedly has some performance issues on PC including bad optimisation and mouse controls so I'm gonna wait on this one until it's patched right.

Don't say that. DON'T SAY THAT.

I'm sorry! FWIW, besides that, everyone's saying it's pretty great.

Welp.

Started playing tonight. Turns out my rig has the bare minimum gear needed to run the game, which makes sense: my PC is 4 years old, and I haven't upgraded the card or CPU since. Looks like I know what I'll be buying myself for Christmas.

And it means not really playing much until the upgrades happen. The game's not choppy, per se, but it's running on all settings at Very Low or they're turned off entirely, and the resolution is two full settings from my normal full. I can tell in-game that I'm missing a lot of the detailing that should be there.

Times like this I envy console gamers, not having to upgrade your gear every 2-3 years.

ABeen playing fine for me, but I also have pretty new hardware (gtx 1080).

As for the game itself...I am not blown away so far. It actually reminds me a lot of Deus Ex Mankind Divided from a few months ago, in that it just feels like more of the last game. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but in both cases, the preceding game came out a few years ago. As a result, the new one just doesn't quite feel up to snuff. The AI, especially, just feels very limited when compared to more recent stealth games like MGS V.

Still, the level design is very open and allows for flexible approaches and the combat still feels good. If you liked the first game, I think you will be satisfied, but I am not yet sure that it will be more than that.

Also, the way the game opens, it is exceedingly clear that Emily is supposed to be the player character. The option to play as Corvo doesn't make narrative sense to me, at least in terms of how the game opens. It seems like a decision driven by marketing more than Arkane themselves, but I suppose it could add extra replay value.

Yeah, my card is a GTX 660. Time to upgrade. The original game plays like a dream on it, but the new one, not so much.

And I'm fine with more of the same but more. I adore the first game, and have been jonesing for new adventures with Corvo.

AHalfway through the game so far. Digging the stealth options but this shit is janky at times. Encountered my first hostile animal, it tried to go all resident evil, and shot across the room like a missile dying on impact. No, fuck you game you're not taking away my Clean Hands playthrough, not like this. Reloaded, snuck into the room, and tranqed the asshole animal before the physics engine would rob me of the past 7 hours crawling around Not Dunwall.

I dove off this 10-12 story tower and did a "non-lethal" take down where Emily gripped the guards skull, twisted him around, and slammed his head into the cobblestone rock....yeah, this guy should be dead.

[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]Up until now, and it's bad I wasn't paying attention, but I didn't know the voice of the heart was Emily's mom. Did I just forget that fact from my multiple Dishonored 1 playthroughs?[/SPOILER]

Jealous. I'm aiming to upgrade my machine in a few weeks, then I'll be able to play this.

AKeep an eye on reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/. Great deals daily. I think they had a 4.0 6700 I7 at $250 today. Last week there was an MSI 1070 Gaming X on sale for $291 which was a ridiculous steal (cheaper than high end 1060's). For now, stay the fuck away from EVGA's House Fire Edition Cards. VRM cooling, meh who needs that when you can re-enact this youtube while playing Rocket League or Overwatch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongycore View Post

Up until now, and it's bad I wasn't paying attention, but I didn't know the voice of the heart was Emily's mom. Did I just forget that fact from my multiple Dishonored 1 playthroughs?

Yeah, that was very strongly hinted at with the incidental dialogue in Dishonored 1. It was pretty much an accepted theory.

AFinished it. Twice.

Took my time going for clean hands/shadow last night; I should have gone for Flesh & Steel but wanted to see the new Emily powers. Dug the attention to detail in the world, standard Arkane goodness. I wished there was more going on with the villains other than being these stationary targets I'd dispatch. I liked the non-lethal approaches not being borked by broken scripting or bugs. Just a great stealth game to get sucked into; aside from that one self propelled missile dog that tried to ruin my playthrough this was good.

Woke up this morning enjoying my extended vacation. What the hell, I want to do a Corvo high chaos run. Game is so brutal. Freezing time, blasting enemies into walls, assorted take downs. Just plowed through all things as a biotic god. My only niggle at having done both is the world didn't feel that different as a reflection of my actions. Except for one major character bit after Episode 7.

Wish they used more of Kingpin in this, and Prince Oberyn's participation was so sparse. I do hope the bring back Daud for the hopefully inevitable expansion.

Next up maybe Patch_Vags Too won't be so dreary like Chicago was; streams I've watched make San Fran look like fucking Disneyland. That or dive into Silence and Gunmetal Arcadia.
So....five years behind the times, I've finally played this.

Have gone once through as Corvo on High Chaos; am now going through as Corvo aiming for low (at least for now). I've seen a marked difference in terms of bloodfly placement but that's it so far.

Love the game. The original might be my favorite PC game of all time (tied with Thief 2) but this one is fantastic. I LOVE the Conservatory and Dust District levels, for expansiveness and (in the case of the latter) incredibly innovative gameplay. The present/past mechanic is fucking great.

Looking forward to playing as Emily and seeing what she can do differently in terms of powers vs her dad.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
I loved it, thought it was amazing. I was scrounging through the levels looking for all the random lore bits and side quests.

I did Emily on low chaos to try to make it more tense. The damn guards will get themselves accidentally killed a lot, despite your best efforts. Luckily there is a buffer zone of allowable deaths.

Played on Xbox One X. I'd put it a smidge ahead of Prey in the immersive sim pantheon.