Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Things Food

Some mysterious person has ordered three bags of Nandos takeaway. The girl on reception has tried various floors in this building and can't track down the name on the bags, so they're currently sitting behind me on an empty desk. They've been there for 40 minutes and the smell of chicken in various sauces is driving me crazy. Getting really tempted to just eat the fucking things myself.

As an update on the tuna salad recipe I posted earlier:

I've made that recipe 5 times now.  You really need to ensure that you get that solid, chunky tuna for it to work.  If you get the lower quality mushy tuna, it really doesn't turn out very well.  The Whole Foods brand works really well for this recipe

I've also played around with the regular style paleo mayo and the spicy relish (same brands as in the pictures above) and they all turn out pretty great.  I use more celery now to give it a good crunch, but it's otherwise the same recipe.

today's lunch with a fresh batch:

Tyson Chicken has involved new dipping sauce wristbands for the glutton on the go:

America's already great.

So look what Tzu sent me:

We were talking earlier in this thread about some cheese Tzu had had smoked by a relative, and I joked about sending me some. I also later mentioned that I was jealous he got to try some of those All Dressed chips, as they're rare here and I've always wanted to try them. So lo and behold, Tzu puts together a dry-ice-refrigeratered package of a ton of his smoked cheeses and a bag of those chips.

The cheeses are to die for. I'm waiting to try the chips when I have company over this weekend.

Mind you, this was completely out of the blue on Tzu's part. Everybody rep him for me when you get a chance.

Chud is the best place on the internet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob Singer View Post

We were talking earlier in this thread about some cheese Tzu had had smoked by a relative, and I joked about sending me some. I also later mentioned that I was jealous he got to try some of those All Dressed chips, as they're rare here and I've always wanted to try them. So lo and behold, Tzu puts together a dry-ice-refrigeratered package of a ton of his smoked cheeses and a bag of those chips.

The cheeses are to die for. I'm waiting to try the chips when I have company over this weekend.

Mind you, this was completely out of the blue on Tzu's part. Everybody rep him for me when you get a chance.

Chud is the best place on the internet.

Can't wait for your feedback on the chips.  God I want some now.

Glad everything arrived intact, Jacob! I made a sandwich with the steakhouse onion the other night and think it would make a dynamite ham and cheese melt with some sauteed onions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TzuDohNihm View Post

The flavor first hits like a BBQ chip then has notes of Salt and Vinegar. Some spice tries to come through but the sweetness tends to shut it down. Maybe a Cheddar flavor in the aftertaste?

I get a mild, sweet BBQ flavor. No spiciness to speak of. A serviceable chip, improved a good bit by your dip of choice. Curious if "the real thing" differs much.

When I was a little kid, we only ever had onion dip at special occasions (don't judge us!), and it became one of those rare treats that, even as an adult, I feel is an indulgence. Even though I can make a terrific gourmet foodie version at home, I still love my little plastic tubs of store-bought onion dip.

Quote:

I get a mild, sweet BBQ flavor. No spiciness to speak of. A serviceable chip, improved a good bit by your dip of choice. Curious if "the real thing" differs much.

That doesn't sound right.  There should be a sharp, vinegar twang to the flavor that builds as you continue to eat (pound) the chips.  I seriously wonder if you guys are getting a watered down version of these things because these should be hitting you like a flavor bomb.

Even though it hurts my diet, I'll take one for the team and find a bag up here and see how it tastes.  Assuming that it's up to snuff, I'll send one to you to try out.  You can do a Pepsi challenge at your leisure.

Quote:

Yep, this exactly. The salt and vinegar is there for the first few chips but it doesn't overpower. Very basic BBQ chip in my opinion. The spicy tried to come out but the sweetness of the chip shut it down quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post

That doesn't sound right.  There should be a sharp, vinegar twang to the flavor that builds as you continue to eat (pound) the chips.  I seriously wonder if you guys are getting a watered down version of these things because these should be hitting you like a flavor bomb.

Even though it hurts my diet, I'll take one for the team and find a bag up here and see how it tastes.  Assuming that it's up to snuff, I'll send one to you to try out.  You can do a Pepsi challenge at your leisure.

Definitely no vinegar flavor that builds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TzuDohNihm View Post

Definitely no vinegar flavor that builds.

Yeah, the even mildest salt & vinegar chip would beat these.

I had this tasty Ramen for lunch last Friday.  Chicken instead of fatty pork.

AMade prosciutto-wrapped cod over lentils yesterday.

[Image: 400]

Even the kids liked it! But the lentils were undercooked.

I haven't made lentils in a while but I always had a problem getting them right.

Regardless, that looks like some serious chow.  Love prosciutto.

AYeah, not gonna lie. I tore off a few pieces of prosciutto and kept em to the side while wrapping the fish, then after everything went in the oven I surreptitiously shoved them in my face.

I commited my yearly sin against my heart last week:

It was carbolicious.

This has GOT to be a joke.... right?

Dorito's To Make "Lady-Friendly" Chips That Don't Crunch For Women

AI was thinking that they were gonna be non-triangular or called Dorita's or something. Thankfully I wasn't disappointed and it was just as stupid.

*cue Boone riding in on the SJW express to tell me I'm probably a rapist*

Well now they have to call them Dorita's otherwise I will be mad.

Leftover chili is at it's peak when onboard some hot dogs. Lord have mercy.

It was sausage-making day!  A few years ago my wife and I and a close friend (pictured) started to get together maybe every four months and grind/stuff about 20 lbs of sausage.  This time we made cheddar brats, chorizo, and sweat italian.

AAs I mentioned in the Personal Achievement thread a few weeks ago, the wife and I have been meal prepping since the first of the year. We do two dishes every Sunday so we can alternate for the week. She neglected to take pictures of the last two weeks but last week we had southwest chicken bowls with rice, black beans, corn and Pico with a chipotle adobe yogurt sauce and a smoked sausage, rice, onions, bell peppers and cheese single skillet meal.

This week will be chicken tika masala over coconut brown rice and roasted chicken with broccoli, bell peppers, green beans and mushrooms topped with some of the smoked cheese I got earlier this year. She tossed it all in a spicy sauce but I was busy making quesadillas for the kids to see what went in it.

Each dish has a side of grapes, strawberries and either golden or regular kiwis.

Aarroz y pollo for lunch

AThe Great British Baking Show is a helluva drug, so I thought I’d give that smarmy adulterer Paul Hollywood’s spanakopita recipe a try. First time attempting phyllo dough. Turned out pretty well!

[IMG ALT=""]http://www.chud.com/community/content/type/61/id/257708/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]
Quote:

Things I have made with these cheeses so far:

Topping for the garlic crostini in my five-onion onion soup.

A baked macaroni.

Shredded in homemade chili.

A stuffing in some savory crépes.

Shredded in some barbeque chicken tacos.

Countless sandwiches and snacks.

I don't really take pics of my own food, so you'll have to use your imaginations.

Thanks again, Tzu. This stuff is amazing.

AThere's just nothing to compare with really good cheese.

Went on a making dumplings kick recently.  Made roasted duck dumplings with garlic, cabbage, sesame oil, etc.  Came out great.

But, I had lots of leftover dumpling wrappers the next morning, so I made breakfast pot stickers. Stuffed with scrambled eggs, crumbled bacon, onions, garlic, a little bit of fresh diced ginger.

Kids went nuts for them!

AI blew my mind hole with a simple recipie tweak yesterday. Making home made burgers with some ground beef from a local farm, I added a dash of maple syrup along with an egg as the binding agent.

Matched it with a strip of bacon and sharp cheddar. Holy shitballs.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightning Slim View Post

I blew my mind hole with a simple recipie tweak yesterday. Making home made burgers with some ground beef from a local farm, I added a dash of maple syrup along with an egg as the binding agent.

Matched it with a strip of bacon and sharp cheddar. Holy shitballs.

Oh. That sounds good.

Crazy further thought? Banana.

So gonna give keto eating a try.  Anyone have any suggestions or recipes?
Survival is the name of the game, William. The scruffiest hippie is my messenger...do not expect radiant messengers of light. Expect the flawed, the maimed in body and spirit. It's all a film run backward...the Atom Bomb through the Manhattan Project to the formula...E=MC2.
I do paleo, and I've found most of my recipes online via google search (there are a ton of paleo recipe sites). Do a keto search and I'm sure that you'll have similar results.
Is keto the same as Atkins? I've done Atkins, both the "this means all I have to do is eat red meat and cheese" version and the correct version. The correct version is basically cutting out sugar and replacing it with low GI vegetables and some more fat.

Neither worked particularly well. The only diet I've found that works for weight management is 5:2 and the only approach otherwise that balances happiness and health is the eudaimoniac diet as revised by Oscar Wilde.
Despite the tinge of rain, and it being several degrees cooler than the last few days here in Brooklyn, I had a plan to smoke a bunch of stuff today, specifically chicken drumsticks and salmon. 

The salmon has a soy honey glaze with a little spice mixed it (hot paprika and fresh cayenne peppers from my wife’s garden, dried and ground) and the chicken was soaked in a homemade bbq sauce. 

Can’t wait to see how it all turns out.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

Hmm. One day I'll figure out how to post pics here.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.