Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channel Zero (AKA Creepypasta The Television Show)
Got a teensy bit Lovecraftian toward the end this week. Bodes well for the finale methinks.

I like that they haven't felt the need to manufacture a romantic subplot, and in terms of relationships, the focus at each character level is family: the two sisters, the father / son cop duo (and boy did that get fucking dark), and of course the Peach family.

Also, Arkasha Stevenson is directing the hell out of this season; hopefully this means big things for her going forward.
(02-14-2018, 04:12 PM)disciple_72 Wrote: ARe: S3 ep1, special mention must be made of their inspired use of the Cannibal Holocaust theme.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kf1Vt6r-sj8

I love that this turned into a recurring motif. And when Koyaanisqatsi kicked in I got chills, but then I always do. The music choices this season were just too good.

SPOILERS

A perfect finale. It is so great to see Hauer working with someone who understands how to best use his unique eccentricities. Joseph going full Butcher was worth the wait. Also the whole sacrifice scene was amazing, with the funereal chanting and the cosmic visions via divine cloak of oblivion and of course the splodey Peaches. Scissor Lady saves the day!

Overall I would still give best season to No-End House, but this was pretty awesome TV. And nice to see confirmation at the end there that they had a sneaky "try to turn as many viewers vegetarian as possible" agenda all along (I think it might have worked too, I was watching the episode on SyFy app and when it went to commercials, an ad for the new dollar menu McAbomination actually made me feel vaguely nauseous).

Love this fucked up show. Hope poor Meat-3PO managed to find his way back to the Summer House.
Looks like SyFy pulled the plug on this. I can't say I'm surprised, but I really wish it had found a bigger audience. It certainly deserved a bigger audience. Hands down, the scariest television show since the original run of THE X-FILES. Disappointing news, but for now, I'm just appreciative we got 4 seasons of this deeply weird, deeply unsettling series.

Maybe Netflix or Shudder or somebody swoops in to save the day.
Would be nice of Shudder picked it up, but not sure if they have the cash to splash as Netflix does.
My PSN ID - electrichead72-----------------------------------------I'm not dumb! I'm smart! and I want respect!
Would be dumb of Shudder to not at least try to pick this up. I don't think it would be a particularly expensive show to produce. I will definitely miss it if does not continue. First season was good, the next three seasons were fantastic IMHO. Haven't rewatched in a while, but S2 really got under my skin and I still think about it sometimes.

If the show does get saved, they need to do an animated season from the makers of The Shivering Truth.
Netflix picked up the cancelled Sera Gamble and Greg Berlanti Lifetime show YOU that was averaging just above 500,000 viewers per episode and in only four weeks as a "Netflix Original" has been viewed by over 40 million households (https://deadline.com/2019/01/netflix-bre...202537224/). That's an insane turn-around! I reckon CHANNEL ZERO would really find its audience if it had that kind of platform.
(01-19-2019, 01:45 AM)barry woodward Wrote: Netflix picked up the cancelled Sera Gamble and Greg Berlanti Lifetime show YOU that was averaging just above 500,000 viewers per episode and in only four weeks as a "Netflix Original" has been viewed by over 40 million households (https://deadline.com/2019/01/netflix-bre...202537224/). That's an insane turn-around! I reckon CHANNEL ZERO would really find its audience if it had that kind of platform.

That would be nice.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I started watching season 4 this week and I'm absolutely loving it. Just finished the third episode and I can't wait to see where it goes from here. I do have some ideas with the revelation from the neighbor but I'm usually way off. This season isn't freaking me out like Butcher's Block but I'm getting into the story much more like I did with No End House. Sucks that SyFy canceled this.
I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs