Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 (2018)
Another open world game though. As much as I’d like to play this game it’s just...

Ugh.

I haven’t even played MGSV yet.

I've been been catching up on Westworld season 2 lately, and this looks like the next best thing for getting immersed in a Wild West fantasy. As long as my contoller doesn't become self aware and and starts attacking me for all the virtual lives I've taken.
Git' in under mah belly!
(08-09-2018, 04:43 PM)catartik Wrote: Rockstar and Bethesda both make their games look a heck of a lot prettier in trailers than they end up being.

Don’t be fooled.

Red Dead Redemption looked plenty beautiful and that had graphics from eight years ago. I'm not worried.
The poster formerly known as Inkblades.
The game is two months from release. It's going to look like this.
Technically, it’s going to look like this on the PS4 Pro.
It looks fine, but no better than a dozen or more other games out there.

Amazon's "Release Day delivery" is a lie, keep that in mind if you go for the Prime discount.

If you really want it on the day, you've still got to go to the store, or do digital.

Graphics look solid to me. It's an upgraded GTA V engine, which has it's roots in last gen. The tech is more about consistent seamless environment streaming than making individual scenes super detailed.

A camp of NPCs with personal sidequests that open up after busywork sounds very Bioware/Dragon Age to me...
The only time I haven't gotten a game on release day was when it was a small indie title. On the bigger games, they pre-ship them all over the country, so they're already at your local USPS/UPS/FedEx when the day hits.

Of course, UPS can fuck up ANYTHING, but I'm not too worried.
Gamertag: Tweakee
I’m not worried about the graphics, I just replayed RDRedemption on my projector and it looked fantastic on a 106” screen! I kept expecting they would drop a new and improved version of the first one to capitalize on all the hype for the sequel snd they never did. Seems like they left money on the table there. I pre-ordered this as I need this ASAP, which rarely happens anymore.
(08-11-2018, 12:22 AM)mcirish Wrote:  I pre-ordered this as I need this ASAP ...

[Image: give-up.gif]
[Image: latest?cb=20130405010724]
I’d gladly pre order if I wasn’t out of town this weekend. A version of this I wouldn’t like is just not consistent with that gameplay video.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN