Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
Trumpocalypse Now
[Image: tumblr_ovepn7wFz71qzzo4oo1_500.gif]
home taping is killing music
(07-12-2018, 01:39 PM)schwartz Wrote: Not that curious.  That's the stuff strippers are paid to do.

I've never been to a strip club!
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(07-12-2018, 02:45 PM)ChrisW Wrote: I have a feeling from this hearing that the scope of this Russian scandal is bigger than anyone has anticipated.  Trey Gowdy and Goodlaithe in particular look really nervous.

Goodlatte's Nathan Thurm-esque performance today has been hilarious.

(07-12-2018, 02:51 PM)shaunh Wrote: These guys are shitting bricks and the staunch confidence people such as Rosenstein or Stzrok carry with them in the face of such blatant corruption fills me with hope. These guys know the real score, and that it will all eventually come to light, and that's all the assurance they need.

It says a lot about the current GOP that I find myself rooting for FBI agents.
Louie (I'm a moran) Gohmert just lost it and brought Strzok's wife into it.

...and the look on Strzok's face says "why am I having to deal with this fucking asshole"
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grandpa Simpson
Jesus fucking Christ this Strzok hearing

Gohmert: [five straight minutes of incomprehensible yelling at Strzok, including bringing up his wife]

Strzok: [clears throat]

Gohmert: EXCUSE ME I DIDN'T ASK A QUESTION, THERE IS NO NEED FOR YOU TO RESPOND
(07-12-2018, 02:45 PM)ChrisW Wrote: I have a feeling from this hearing that the scope of this Russian scandal is bigger than anyone has anticipated. Trey Gowdy and Goodlaithe in particular look really nervous.
I think that's a given at this point. The fallout from the last two years is going to be toxic enough for the GOP that there's no way so many of them would still be carrying water for this administration if they didn't stand to lose even bigger by letting it fall. What I'm most curious about is how many of them are actually directly implicated in some kind of conspiracy versus how many of them are worried about those rumblings about the GOP fundraising infrastructure itself being compromised by foreign influence.
(07-12-2018, 02:56 PM)MichaelM Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 01:39 PM)schwartz Wrote: Not that curious.  That's the stuff strippers are paid to do.

I've never been to a strip club!

I had guessed.

If it sounds strange, and not that sexy, that's because it is, and it's not.

(07-12-2018, 03:18 PM)commodorejohn Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 02:45 PM)ChrisW Wrote: I have a feeling from this hearing that the scope of this Russian scandal is bigger than anyone has anticipated.  Trey Gowdy and Goodlaithe in particular look really nervous.
I think that's a given at this point. The fallout from the last two years is going to be toxic enough for the GOP that there's no way so many of them would still be carrying water for this administration if they didn't stand to lose even bigger by letting it fall. What I'm most curious about is how many of them are actually directly implicated in some kind of conspiracy versus how many of them are worried about those rumblings about the GOP fundraising infrastructure itself being compromised by foreign influence.

I think the distinction matters less and less as time goes on.  They've all known what they are doing for a while now.
Quote:If it sounds strange, and not that sexy, that's because it is, and it's not.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

(07-12-2018, 03:23 PM)schwartz Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 03:18 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: I think that's a given at this point. The fallout from the last two years is going to be toxic enough for the GOP that there's no way so many of them would still be carrying water for this administration if they didn't stand to lose even bigger by letting it fall. What I'm most curious about is how many of them are actually directly implicated in some kind of conspiracy versus how many of them are worried about those rumblings about the GOP fundraising infrastructure itself being compromised by foreign influence.
I think the distinction matters less and less as time goes on.  They've all known what they are doing for a while now.
True enough. I'm just curious as to how many are actively involved in the skulduggery as opposed to trying to cover their own asses and keep the teat they're suckling at from drying up.
Well...feeling pretty good about my local Rep today (Gerry Connolly D-Virginia).

Because he brought the receipts during the Strzok trial I mean uh..."hearing."
..the receipts?

(07-12-2018, 03:48 PM)MichaelM Wrote: ..the receipts?

After hours of the GOP members of the committee harping on Strzok's "bias" Connolly produced a long-ass string of emails, texts, tweets, and other public statements by members of the GOP that were bashing the hell out of Trump during the primaries.

Obviously not going to do anything to stop the hypocrisy, but he laid it bare in a public fashion. You know, like some folks keep saying the Dems need to do more of.
Bwahahaha, that's glorious.
(07-12-2018, 03:35 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: True enough. I'm just curious as to how many are actively involved in the skulduggery as opposed to trying to cover their own asses and keep the teat they're suckling at from drying up.

I do get what you're driving at, I'm just saying those things are not exclusive.  One is a crime, the other is a motive for the crime.
Gutierrez summed everything up beautifully.
I think Ted Lieu has yet to go...he oughta be good.
(07-12-2018, 03:57 PM)schwartz Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 03:35 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: True enough. I'm just curious as to how many are actively involved in the skulduggery as opposed to trying to cover their own asses and keep the teat they're suckling at from drying up.
I do get what you're driving at, I'm just saying those things are not exclusive.  One is a crime, the other is a motive for the crime.
Also true.
This entire fucking hearing:

"We object to using the phrase 'urine soaked hell hole' when you could have said 'pee pee soaked heck hole'"

[Image: 547262.jpg]
The best thing to come out of today's hearing was this tweet:

Quote:@CertainlyKen

Gowdy looks like a child tried to draw a picture of Nosferatu with a stomachache.
(07-12-2018, 04:04 PM)Mangy Wrote: The best thing to come out of today's hearing was this tweet:

Quote:@CertainlyKen

Gowdy looks like a child tried to draw a picture of Nosferatu with a stomachache.

I prefer "Gowdy looks like when you hit "random" on the character creation screen."
Mr. Goodlatte? Mr. Labrador? Why do all these goons have names that sound like Bojack Horseman characters?
The poster formerly known as Inkblades.
It looks like he was in an accident where he lost all of the cartilage in his face.
An actual line of dialogue from this shitshow:

"So you didn't actually mean it when you said that Trump supporters smell?"
Gowdy to fellow Rethuglicans:

"Okay, guys, I'm not running again, so I'll take one for the team and make a real asshole of myself. Speaking of 'teams,' Jim, keep that team-doctor away from me."
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if those cops groped Daniels, then arrested her to cover their asses.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
Coleman going in on Gowdy was glorious.
Rep. Coleman and Rep. Jeffries were both fantastic today. Bravo.
The poster formerly known as Inkblades.
Gowdy looks like if you flattened out Draco Malfoy with a rolling pin.
We need a Friday bombshell to drop.
Gowdy looks like somebody mistakenly put bleach in when running an Oompa-Loompa through the wash.
Trey Gowdy is disappointed he didn't get to audition for THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI.
home taping is killing music
Gowdy looks like the Slenderman’s secret identity.
Colbert's "backwoods Anderson Cooper" is still a classic
Gowdy looks like he popped out of an Invasion of the Body Snatchers pod that still had 5 hours to cook.
Not so much tooth!
Gowdy looks like he's still bitter about being kicked out of the Village of the Damned 40 years ago.